CNBC's "Ozempic underworld: Inside the black market of obesity drugs"

With all the recent stuff happening I made a final purchase and I'm done buying for the next 2-3 years, as long as the peps last. Still interesting looking at the forums but eventually this kind of exposure will draw too much attention. Crazy.

Yeah. I really think it's a matter of time until something happens. I give it 6 months max. Too many new people who lack common sense, and there are plenty of folks in media and government interested in blasting their stories.

Society loves to hate fat people. I think its despicable that they push "acceptance" and "body positivity over health. They want to stop people from getting Semaglutide at affordable rates but you can get a months supply of hard narcotics or benzos with GoodRx for $3.
Rich people get ozempic.

Poor people get body positivity.

- South Park

Rich people get ozempic.

Poor people get body positivity.

- South Park
LOL. Just waiting on that Lizzo to start shipping from China dirt cheap.
1728578440825.png

Lots of people on the Reddit subs discuss how once they lost weight people treat them differently.
This is a pretty well known thing across the board. I will say that the one thing I welcomed the most about being fat as a woman is being almost invisible to men in public places. Not getting harassed as much except for the occasional chubby chaser. Back when I was thin I'd get harassed at all manner of places. The scariest was at a gas station when the guy got really mad when I told him I just wanted to pump my gas in peace so he started circling the pumps then tried to follow me when I drove away.

Granted, there are tons of other scenarios where getting treated differently really sucked.

Last edited:
Although I wouldn't be surprised if this was fear mongering from big pharma, but this article seems more geared towards people buying counterfeit OZ, MJ, WG, and ZB. I know when I was paying full price for ZB, some of the research I did had people buying conterfeit pens or tampered pens that were filled with who knows what. That's not to say the gray market doesn't have counterfeiting, eventually an RS who doesn't do the proper research with buying doses will lead to something bad and that will definitely shine a spotlight.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if this was fear mongering from big pharma, but this article seems more geared towards people buying counterfeit OZ, MJ, WG, and ZB. I know when I was paying full price for ZB, some of the research I did had people buying conterfeit pens or tampered pens that were filled with who knows what. That's not to say the gray market doesn't have counterfeiting, eventually an RS who doesn't do the proper research with buying doses will lead to something bad and that will definitely shine a spotlight.
That's true about this article, I just think it's getting closer to a big story. Once something goes on reddit, sites like Buzzfeed steal the content so eventually it will trickle up to regular news.

This is a pretty well known thing across the board. I will say that the one thing I welcomed the most about being fat as a woman is being almost invisible to men in public places. Not getting harassed as much except for the occasional chubby chaser. Back when I was thin I'd get harassed at all manner of places. The scariest was at a gas station when the guy got really mad when I told him I just wanted to pump my gas in peace so he started circling the pumps then tried to follow me when I drove away.

Granted, there are tons of other scenarios where getting treated differently really sucked.
Fat guys really don't get a lot of action either.

But slimming down for women actually increases our danger, that was the point of @moonpies4misfits anecdotes. Fat men who slim down can look forward to more positive attention but rarely will it result in outright sexual assault, sexual harrrassment and being MORE scared of men than we already are. I’m not looking forward to that aspect either.

This is ludicrous. Why isn't CNBC doing their job and being real journalists? Where's the story about why normal middle class folks are risking their money and health in search of a "deal"? The real story is that these meds are changing people's lives for the better, and cost way more than they need to, so people are taking risks to get them.
Well said, you deserve a prize.

But slimming down for women actually increases our danger, that was the point of @moonpies4misfits anecdotes. Fat men who slim down can look forward to more positive attention but rarely will it result in outright sexual assault, sexual harrrassment and being MORE scared of men than we already are. I’m not looking forward to that aspect either.
Ding ding ding. Thank you for articulating my point. 💚

Kinda missed the point there. Do they welcome that aspect of being fat? Cuz honestly, I feel safer out in public as a fat woman than I ever did as a thin woman.

Edited to add: My comment was about harassment and had absolutely nothing to do with getting "action" so not sure how you thought this response was in any way relevant to what I said. It's giving "just take the compliment" vibes.

Last edited:
Kinda missed the point there. Do they welcome that aspect of being fat? Cuz honestly, I feel safer out in public as a fat woman than I ever did as a thin woman.

I weigh over 100+lbs more now than I did in my twenties due to health issues and this aspect of being thin was horrible. I was getting this harassment from women too, and men would flirt with me in front of their wives. It was very lonely and often really humiliating to be more attractive.

Edited to add: My comment was about harassment and had absolutely nothing to do with getting "action" so not sure how you thought this response was in any way relevant to what I said. It's giving "just take the compliment" vibes.
Sorry, you are basically saying the downside of losing weight is becoming more attractive to the opposite sex, and thus your life becomes more dangerous because you are now considered attractive to the opposite sex and all the creeps and rapists are now out to get you? Sheesh..

Sorry, you are basically saying the downside of losing weight is becoming more attractive to the opposite sex, and thus your life becomes more dangerous because you are now considered attractive to the opposite sex and all the creeps and rapists are now out to get you? Sheesh..
I said the only benefit to being treated differently as a fat person is less harassment. I even gave an example of being CHASED IN A FUCKING CAR by a stranger because he was mad I turned down his advances when I was thin.

And as you can see, other women in here feel the same so it's not just me. You took my comment about harassment and tried to make is about men getting laid.

Last edited:
Back