Do y’all test every time you order? re: Amopure stinging

I bought a kit of L10 about a month ago and received it after like 8 days, I think? So far no stinging (done 3 doses so far) but it definitely concerns me that their product has been doing that! Especially because at some point I want to get a couple more kits of L15 or L30.
I've had 0 stinging on my kit of L30

While no stinging for me, one weird thing that I noticed is that the needle itself hurt more on my Amo pins. The injection itself was fine, but the initial prick definitely hurt more. The stopper definitely takes more force to push through than other vials I've tried and I wonder if it's dulling the needle a bit, or I just so happened to choose sub-par quality needles from the box for those specific injections. I know this means nothing for those who've experienced prolonged stinging, just an odd observation. Could just be a testament to the quality of my syringes. Using Easy Touch and plan on switching to BD once I go through this box.

Last edited:
I have only seen 2 people claim that theirs stung. It is not a widespread issue..
I've seen multiple reports across platforms (though I suppose it's hard to tell if they're all unique, since user names can change). Also, Amo has admitted there was something amiss, since they keep saying they corrected it. Has anyone actually asked what the problem they are admitting to is?

I only belong to two groups. So I may have missed others complaints. If it was a filler issue * just my assumption and I am not in the field in any way* then yes it would make sense that many had the problem.
I know some emailed them and were told it had been taken care of. I have no idea if they specifically asked what the problem was.

While no stinging for me, one weird thing that I noticed is that the needle itself hurt more on my Amo pins. The injection itself was fine, but the initial prick definitely hurt more. The stopper definitely takes more force to push through than other vials I've tried and I wonder if it's dulling the needle a bit, or I just so happened to choose sub-par quality needles from the box for those specific injections. I know this means nothing for those who've experienced prolonged stinging, just an odd observation. Could just be a testament to the quality of my syringes. Using Easy Touch and plan on switching to BD once I go through this box.
I noticed the same as well.

I was going to try the T15 I bought from the same batch as you this week but my BAC didn’t come thru in time, so I took a regular Zep dose and got my first ever injection site reaction! So weird!! It’s just a quarter sized red circle but in 8 months I have never gotten one until now. SO WEIRD. It’s like I was destined to get some weird reaction this week no matter what lol.

Maybe I'm weird but I feel like if it's tirz and it's not doing anything harmful to me (like it's a filler that just stings or ph is a little off) then sting me up bro. Actually that sounds really stupid now that I say it. Don't be like me lol

Maybe I'm weird but I feel like if it's tirz and it's not doing anything harmful to me (like it's a filler that just stings or ph is a little off) then sting me up bro. Actually that sounds really stupid now that I say it. Don't be like me lol
Don't be like me - but I had no other supply and I was due so I did another stinging injection last night. That SOB stung like hell for close to an hour and kept me awake but dang I have no appetite this am soooo.... shrug.

I’ve seen reports of stinging from June, July and August orders and from before and after they started vacuum sealing.

I would feel a lot better if we can figure out the source (likely ph or filament… but could be something more serious like sterility)

I feel you. Im seriously thinking of getting a syringe filter to address that somewhat chance of not knowing if whatever is causing that stinging or burning is harmful or not. Test results will not show it as they don't check for it and not having information from Amopure when they likely know what caused it (since they corrected it) is only causing more uncertainty. It's easy to give in hoping nothing will happen when one thing RS shouldn't compromise is the safety element and leave it on chance.

My only concern is if I'm going to actually add more contamination through the filtering process because there are multiple steps involved, including transferring into a completely new vial, ensuring it's sterile etc etc. Because that will defeat the entire purpose.

I feel you. Im seriously thinking of getting a syringe filter to address that somewhat chance of not knowing if whatever is causing that stinging or burning is harmful or not. Test results will not show it as they don't check for it and not having information from Amopure when they likely know what caused it (since they corrected it) is only causing more uncertainty. It's easy to give in hoping nothing will happen when one thing RS shouldn't compromise is the safety element and leave it on chance.

My only concern is if I'm going to actually add more contamination through the filtering process because there are multiple steps involved, including transferring into a completely new vial, ensuring it's sterile etc etc. Because that will defeat the entire purpose.

I don’t think they have fixed it since people are still experiencing the stinging/burning after they initially stated they fixed it (it’s why they went to vacuum sealed vials).

Has anyone tried to push the issue with them at all to see if they have an answer as to the why?

There is a big test of T30/T60 that includes sterility testing so hopefully it rules it out..

Next is to figure out the ph of the stinging vials (only seen ph for one non stinging vial that was slightly acidic). And even then if the ph is too high or too low is this actually going to hurt the RS or is it just a minor discomfort when injecting?

There are test to check the fillament used too that might be helpful to do….

I don’t think they have fixed it since people are still experiencing the stinging/burning after they initially stated they fixed it (it’s why they went to vacuum sealed vials).

Has anyone tried to push the issue with them at all to see if they have an answer as to the why?

There is a big test of T30/T60 that includes sterility testing so hopefully it rules it out..

Next is to figure out the ph of the stinging vials (only seen ph for one non stinging vial that was slightly acidic). And even then if the ph is too high or too low is this actually going to hurt the RS or is it just a minor discomfort when injecting?

There are test to check the fillament used too that might be helpful to do….
I honestly don't see how not being sterile would cause stinging, especially on a freshly reconstituted vial where there hasn't been the opportunity for microbial growth. I have a feeling that they might have some residual from the manufacturing process that some people are sensitive too. But that's just my hunch. I have a kit of T30 on the way so I will find out soon enough whether it stings or not.

Next is to figure out the ph of the stinging vials (only seen ph for one non stinging vial that was slightly acidic).
Yeah I keep hoping to see someone has PH tested their stinging vial but so far no dice. It would also be helpful to see the PH of their bac water before constituting as a side by side comparison.

Curious if anyone would be willing to swap a non-stinging vial with a stinging vial and see if it stings for both parties. It may be that some people are more sensitive to whatever is causing it.

I also wonder if anyone has reported stinging from one vial and no stinging from another vial from the same kit.

Yeah I keep hoping to see someone has PH tested their stinging vial but so far no dice. It would also be helpful to see the PH of their bac water before constituting as a side by side comparison.

Curious if anyone would be willing to swap a non-stinging vial with a stinging vial and see if it stings for both parties. It may be that some people are more sensitive to whatever is causing it.

I also wonder if anyone has reported stinging from one vial and no stinging from another vial from the same kit.
Yeah - my guess is it’s either ph or the filler that is causing issues.

Trending content

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back