Do y’all test every time you order? re: Amopure stinging

I had an exchange of emails with Amo about this the other day and long story short he can't or wont say what exactly the problem is. He acknowledges it and has reshipped product for anyone experiencing the issue that contacts him. He claims it's ~3-4% and that it happens to every vendor...? But I would say that "he fixed it" is not an accurate description at this point.

Obviously not an ideal response but there you have it. It doesn't put me off doing future business with them.

Now people have speculated what issue could be. It's almost definitely not a sanitary issue. The best theory I've seen is TFA which is an acid used in the manufacturing process that might not have been completely removed. I have not seen a ph test on any confirmed stinging vials.

I had an exchange of emails with Amo about this the other day and long story short he can't or wont say what exactly the problem is. He acknowledges it and has reshipped product for anyone experiencing the issue that contacts him. He claims it's ~3-4% and that it happens to every vendor...? But I would say that "he fixed it" is not an accurate description at this point.

Obviously not an ideal response but there you have it. It doesn't put me off doing future business with them.

Now people have speculated what issue could be. It's almost definitely not a sanitary issue. The best theory I've seen is TFA which is an acid used in the manufacturing process that might not have been completely removed. I have not seen a ph test on any confirmed stinging vials.
That’s similar to the response I got… not that reassuring given I don’t see any other major supplier having reports of stinging/burning.

That’s similar to the response I got… not that reassuring given I don’t see any other major supplier having reports of stinging/burning.
I have, but Amo also does something different in their manufacturing process by not including mannitol. Who knows if that has an effect.

I have, but Amo also does something different in their manufacturing process by not including mannitol. Who knows if that has an effect.

Amopure is one of the few suppliers without a discord or telegram channel or named salesperson as well which makes it a little harder to get answers like this answered.

I would be interested in doing a test to identify the fillament they are using since it’s not mannitol

Amopure is one of the few suppliers without a discord or telegram channel or named salesperson as well which makes it a little harder to get answers like this answered.

I would be interested in doing a test to identify the fillament they are using since it’s not mannitol
Looks like my T30 is arriving today. I still have 4 weeks of compounded tirz so it will be a while before I pin it. Right now I'm debating sending a vial in for testing. There's currently a big group test happening that plans to release the results publicly so I don't know.... The test will cost almost as much as the kit and won't tell me anything about everything else in the vial (fillers, contaminants, etc..) so we will see....

Looks like my T30 is arriving today. I still have 4 weeks of compounded tirz so it will be a while before I pin it. Right now I'm debating sending a vial in for testing. There's currently a big group test happening that plans to release the results publicly so I don't know.... The test will cost almost as much as the kit and won't tell me anything about everything else in the vial (fillers, contaminants, etc..) so we will see....

Yeah, given the size and how recent that test is likely diminishing returns (of course there is nothing like testing your own batch)

This large test will include sterility which is good…

There are tests that can be done to figure out the primary filler used, but that’s not part of this test, but I think that’s likely the next one to do

The results have been trickling in on Peppys btw...so far good results as far as the fill amounts and percentage.

The results have been trickling in on Peppys btw...so far good results as far as the fill amounts and percentage.
We know the stinging is not because of lower purity or lower sterility so not sure how much help are those tests in identifying the root cause. Unless someone from Amopure provides a definite answer, we are just guessing here.

We know the stinging is not because of lower purity or lower sterility so not sure how much help are those tests in identifying the root cause. Unless someone from Amopure provides a definite answer, we are just guessing here.
All the recent tests have been proper fill level and high purity. Unfortunately, like you are saying, the standard testing won't point us towards the culprit. I seriously doubt the sterility testing being done right now will show anything either. I'll bet there's a residual from manufacture that is causing it. That being said, my batch of T30 came today, just six days after I ordered. I will find out in a few weeks whether it stings or not

Wanted to see if stinging / burning is limited to T10, T15, T30 and R10 or has anyone seen any reports, here or in other forums, about it also impacting the T60 batch from Amopure?

This wasn't what I was referring to. I was referring to the large group testing..thanks

Wanted to see if stinging / burning is limited to T10, T15, T30 and R10 or has anyone seen any reports, here or in other forums, about it also impacting the T60 batch from Amopure?
Obvious not conclusive but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen users on this forum claim stinging from T10, T15, and T30 but haven’t seen anything solid on T60 or any R.

Obvious not conclusive but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen users on this forum claim stinging from T10, T15, and T30 but haven’t seen anything solid on T60 or any R.
There’s two folks with late August purchase of R10 (my RS being one) in another thread both experiencing same sting.

Reta thread has similar reports on stinging.

Not sure why you are saying we know this is not because of lower sterility, since (as we have discussed to exhaustion in other forums) there really is no good test for sterility / contamination. I think someone else's comment implied a freshly mixed vial should be sterile / uncontaminated, but bac water does not kill existing bacteria, it only slows the growth.

Not sure why you are saying we know this is not because of lower sterility, since (as we have discussed to exhaustion in other forums) there really is no good test for sterility / contamination. I think someone else's comment implied a freshly mixed vial should be sterile / uncontaminated, but bac water does not kill existing bacteria, it only slows the growth.
You are correct that there is no great test for sterility as most people think. But the right way to frame it is that it's unlikely a sterility issue because that isn't how they manifest. The mere presence of bacteria doesn't present as burning, that comes from the body's antibody response.

You are correct that there is no great test for sterility as most people think. But the right way to frame it is that it's unlikely a sterility issue because that isn't how they manifest. The mere presence of bacteria doesn't present as burning, that comes from the body's antibody response.
This is why I think people are way too focused on sterility, and some are even spreading unfounded claims that Amo has sterility issues. A sterility problem would cause after-the-fact injection site infections, not instant burning. This issue is more likely an irritant leftover from the manufacturing process.

I agree that if it was a sterility issue, there would be longer lasting symptoms and no one seems to be reporting that, although I don't agree it wouldn't also cause an immediate response as the body goes to work fighting off invaders.

It would be helpful if Amo would just be clear about what they think the "resolved" issue was, but seems unlikely they're going to do that.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back