Good compounding resource

And I want someone to say it's okay just in the essential oil case in the freezer! Because it's ridiculous what I'm doing! I've definitely read that many just toss the plastic case it comes in, and even the paper cases, as they are, into the freezer!
It's ok to just put the essential oil case in the freezer 😇

At least that's what I'm doing. I put a label on each vial when I get them with source, date, fill, pep name, etc and I have a separate case for each product. Right now, I am only using two but each case has a single letter on it (S) or (T) to denote what is inside. I did put a tiny ice pack in there but considering the thermal mass of everything else in the freezer, this is probably unnecessary.

If you got room, I would put a couple frozen water bottles in the freezer as a whole. Not much has as much thermal mass as water.

It's ok to just put the essential oil case in the freezer 😇

At least that's what I'm doing. I put a label on each vial when I get them with source, date, fill, pep name, etc and I have a separate case for each product. Right now, I am only using two but each case has a single letter on it (S) or (T) to denote what is inside. I did put a tiny ice pack in there but considering the thermal mass of everything else in the freezer, this is probably unnecessary.

If you got room, I would put a couple frozen water bottles in the freezer as a whole. Not much as as much thermal mass as water.
In case some of us need label ideas :

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241018-090807_NIIMBOT.png
    Screenshot_20241018-090807_NIIMBOT.png
    324.5 KB · Views: 8
Exactly yes
I might give that a try soon just to see how easy, or annoying the process is.

A word of caution though, as someone who hoards meat and food like many here are hoarding peps, the consumer grade vacuum sealers, while great, do NOT hold up nearly as well as the thicker stuff that the packing plants use.

Over the course of a year, about 1/4 of all the things that I vacuum sealed have started loosing vacuum. I recently switched to a thicker plastic but the machine has a hard time melting those together for a good seal. It's not going to stop me from trying it as the idea seems great but I would not be shocked to find that after a year, some of the bags have lost their vacuum.

I might give that a try soon just to see how easy, or annoying the process is.

A word of caution though, as someone who hoards meat and food like many here are hoarding peps, the consumer grade vacuum sealers, while great, do NOT hold up nearly as well as the thicker stuff that the packing plants use.

Over the course of a year, about 1/4 of all the things that I vacuum sealed have started loosing vacuum. I recently switched to a thicker plastic but the machine has a hard time melting those together for a good seal. It's not going to stop me from trying it as the idea seems great but I would not be shocked to find that after a year, some of the bags have lost their vacuum.
Yes this is good advice, I just started doing that, so I'll keep an eye on it and reseal as needed.

I also added some molecular sieve (desiccant) before vacuum sealing to remove any residual humidity.

Yes this is good advice, I just started doing that, so I'll keep an eye on it and reseal as needed.

I also added some molecular sieve (desiccant) before vacuum sealing to remove any residual humidity.
I have been thinking about this all day but if you were going to do this, would you try and seal every individual vial or just an entire kit? I am going to see how well I can seal and individual vial this weekend and selfishly, I hope they fit in my nice foam case after they are sealed :LOL:

I have been thinking about this all day but if you were going to do this, would you try and seal every individual vial or just an entire kit? I am going to see how well I can seal and individual vial this weekend and selfishly, I hope they fit in my nice foam case after they are sealed :LOL:
And if it works, come to my house and do mine!

I'm doing one kit per Mylar bags (yeah I use those opaque ones).

So far so good aha, will see how it holds up over time

Back