How does testing work?

DumbRx

Registered
Reaction score
Newbie here-

I bought 2 kits of 60mg tirz from a vendor and it's arriving quite soon.

It seems like both janoshik and peptidetest are good options...

But how does it actually work? You send them a whole vial and don't get it back? I didn't think about losing a full 60mg vial when I purchased with plans to test.

If it is unrecoverable after, is it possible to separate out a portion before sending it out for testing? Or is that just a bad idea?

I don’t know. I am considering my first purchase in the next few weeks and I have the same questions on testing.

It seems to me the site could have a dedicated “Testing” section (sort of like Vendors, but for testing only) and it could name companies, prices, etc. I understand the reluctance to share the names of GLP-1 peptide vendors for various reasons. I don’t think those reasons are relevant for testers though?

The more we can encourage testing by making it super-easy, the better, no? What is the downside? The community gets more information via testing and the vendors know their products are likely to be tested and put more energy behind quality control?

I don’t know. I am considering my first purchase in the next few weeks and I have the same questions on testing.

It seems to me the site could have a dedicated “Testing” section (sort of like Vendors, but for testing only) and it could name companies, prices, etc. I understand the reluctance to share the names of GLP-1 peptide vendors for various reasons. I don’t think those reasons are relevant for testers though?

The more we can encourage testing by making it super-easy, the better, no? What is the downside? The community gets more information via testing and the vendors know their products are likely to be tested and put more energy behind quality control?
Except there is a testing section already...

Are you referring to the Lab Testing section (https://glp1forum.com/forums/tests/) or something else?

The reason I ask is that section has none of the information I mentioned. So I am confused by your reply. If you can straighten me out, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Yeah it's because most don't use that section to post test results, so they are all over this site

Are you referring to the Lab Testing section (https://glp1forum.com/forums/tests/) or something else?

The reason I ask is that section has none of the information I mentioned. So I am confused by your reply. If you can straighten me out, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
All members and the community at large are equally encouraged to share test results... but as they see fit. Some will and some won't. You are in the same position as everyone else to make a purchase and then spend $300 for testing and share results with us. There's no gatekeeping and there's no "reluctance to share vendor names" -- IOW, be the data point you're looking for :)

PS. Some have shared their test results and those can be found here on the forum (and elsewhere)...

All members and the community at large are equally encouraged to share test results... but as they see fit. Some will and some won't. You are in the same position as everyone else to make a purchase and then spend $300 for testing and share results with us. There's no gatekeeping and there's no "reluctance to share vendor names" -- IOW, be the data point you're looking for :)

PS. Some have shared their test results and those can be found here on the forum (and elsewhere)...
I have not yet purchased anything from overseas, nor have I ever had testing done. So I have nothing to share at this time. I do plan to do both, and will share when that happens. Realistically, I won't have results to share for at least one month.

But I think you are missing the point. You said: "there's no "reluctance to share vendor names"" - if that is true, please go ahead and share them in the Lab Testing section.

The point is that everyone benefits the more that testing is done, so it would be wise for those who already know to make a "testing primer" type post at the top of the Lab Testing section that lists vendors and prices.

This will make it easier for new people to get their product tested, and that benefits that whole community.

Do you feel the site is currently set up to make it as "easy as possible" for a new person to locate a reputable testing service?

I have not yet purchased anything from overseas, nor have I ever had testing done. So I have nothing to share at this time. I do plan to do both, and will share when that happens. Realistically, I won't have results to share for at least one month.

But I think you are missing the point. You said: "there's no "reluctance to share vendor names"" - if that is true, please go ahead and share them in the Lab Testing section.

The point is that everyone benefits the more that testing is done, so it would be wise for those who already know to make a "testing primer" type post at the top of the Lab Testing section that lists vendors and prices.

This will make it easier for new people to get their product tested, and that benefits that whole community.

Do you feel the site is currently set up to make it as "easy as possible" for a new person to locate a reputable testing service?
You have a lot of reading to do before you can make any sense of this :)

There are testing groups, but members pay to take part and sharing results is a big nono.

The reasoning is that if they share everything publicly, people will skimp on participating and freeload, causing a lower amount of total tests being done. Which can probably be both true or untrue, but it's not a discussion worth having since they are free to run it however they want to.

Most of them will however share concerning results somewhat publicly. There are a lot of small groups and cliques (by small, i don't mean tiny, figure of speech).

Even though some would argue against my opinion here - This market is still new and not properly established, so you simply won't find large solid channels of information that has worked through and the issues and problems in order to function as a streamlined platform.

This board is not the place to go to if you want structured information pointing you in a specific direction. It's more of an open forum with a low amount of moderation and I doubt there will be any official resources any time soon (but that is pure guesswork, zippy or workerbee has better information on that topic).

And as for sharing vendor names, it's more like a reluctance to give concrete advice - since shit tend to happen and no one wants to be your outlet if you turn out to be a raging lunatic when things go wrong :)

This probably doesn't help you a lot, but it may or may not alleviate some frustration over the lack of direction you might feel as a new member.

if it helps you, you're approaching this from wrong angle. this site is a resource.. a lot of things that you're asking about is somewhere here.. but this forum doesn't' owe you anything.. it's on you ultimately to find the info you're looking for (and also decide whether we're worth sharing with :) ) so no one is necessarily going to go out of their way to organize stuff so it's easier for newbies to find..

if it helps you, you're approaching this from wrong angle. this site is a resource.. a lot of things that you're asking about is somewhere here.. but this forum doesn't' owe you anything.. it's on you ultimately to find the info you're looking for (and also decide whether we're worth sharing with :) ) so no one is necessarily going to go out of their way to organize stuff so it's easier for newbies to find..
There was no suggestion the forum owes me anything. I am making a suggestion to improve the forum.

At present, I am not even able to post to the Lab Testing section of the forum, so I am throwing out this idea for others. "You have insufficient privileges to post threads here." is what I see in the bottom of the Lab Testing section.

I am already aware of 2 places to test (Janoshik and https://www.peptidetest.com/) but there may be more. More importantly, folks with less time than me may not locate these. And, seriously, what purpose is served by making it difficult? Does the community not benefit if this information is readily available?

You have a lot of reading to do before you can make any sense of this :)

There are testing groups, but members pay to take part and sharing results is a big nono.

The reasoning is that if they share everything publicly, people will skimp on participating and freeload, causing a lower amount of total tests being done. Which can probably be both true or untrue, but it's not a discussion worth having since they are free to run it however they want to.

Most of them will however share concerning results somewhat publicly. There are a lot of small groups and cliques (by small, i don't mean tiny, figure of speech).

Even though some would argue against my opinion here - This market is still new and not properly established, so you simply won't find large solid channels of information that has worked through and the issues and problems in order to function as a streamlined platform.

This board is not the place to go to if you want structured information pointing you in a specific direction. It's more of an open forum with a low amount of moderation and I doubt there will be any official resources any time soon (but that is pure guesswork, zippy or workerbee has better information on that topic).

And as for sharing vendor names, it's more like a reluctance to give concrete advice - since shit tend to happen and no one wants to be your outlet if you turn out to be a raging lunatic when things go wrong :)

This probably doesn't help you a lot, but it may or may not alleviate some frustration over the lack of direction you might feel as a new member.
Perhaps. My current thought is to buy 4 packages of 10 vials of Reta 12 mg (40 vials total, cost ~ $1,000) and send 2 vials off for testing (cost ~ $600). Total cost ~ $1,600. If the testing comes back bad, I will try again somewhere else.

I am actually waiting until I am sure I want Reta and not Tirzepatide.

I used Tirz for ~ 32 weeks then switched to Reta ~ 16 weeks ago. I seem to have more side effects on Reta than Tirz. So 'which drug is better for me?' is the question I am struggling with more than sources or testing facilities. Which drug do I want to be on for the next year or so? I'll just buy from US sources until I decide.

I have purchased certain classes of drugs from India, and others from China, in the past. I've used crypto for this. I think I can figure out how to buy GLP-1s from overseas. My comments were less about my needs and more about making a better forum.

When I do get around to pulling the trigger, I will post a note on what I did and what the test results were.

Perhaps. My current thought is to buy 4 packages of 10 vials of Reta 12 mg (40 vials total, cost ~ $1,000) and send 2 vials off for testing (cost ~ $600). Total cost ~ $1,600. If the testing comes back bad, I will try again somewhere else.

I used Tirz for ~ 32 weeks then switched to Reta ~ 16 weeks ago. I seem to have more side effects on Reta than Tirz. So 'which drug is better for me?' is the question I am struggling with more than sources or testing facilities. Which drug do I want to be on for the next year or so? I'll just buy from US sources until I decide.

I have purchased certain classes of drugs from India, and others from China, in the past. I've used crypto for this. I think I can figure out how to buy GLP-1s from overseas. My comments were less about my needs and more about making a better forum.

When I do get around to pulling the trigger, I will post a note on what I did and what the test results were.
Fair enough :)

Which one is right for you, isn't something anyone can answer since we are all different. My personal opinion is Reta hands down.

Only thing I can say, is that I would consider spreading risk unless you are very confident in the vendor you end up choosing. I would rather order 2x2 kits and test one vial from each and hope the kits are from the same batch. All eggs in one basked sounds scary to me :)

Or spend some extra time and get into a solid group buy - But that isn't necessarily less risky unless you get a referral from someone you know is solid.

Vanguard Labs in Olympia, WA tests peptides for $200, if you want to save a few bucks and/or skip the hassle of overseas shipping to Jano. I'm guessing they are on the lower price end of the spectrum because they make the bulk of their money testing other things: they do a lot of work for government and industry. But yes the testing is destructive, and you really need to price in the cost of testing and the reality that you're only buying 9 vials when coming up with your total cost per mg. And as @Bacchus noted, there's a reluctance to share test results because it makes freeloading easier, which in turn makes people less likely to spring for a test. I've freeloaded, I'll admit it! But even the private testing servers will immediately release results if there's a major problem, and I think all of us have a moral obligation to release bad results that could affect the safety of others. Group buys are a solid option for getting tested peptides as well.

Vanguard Labs in Olympia, WA tests peptides for $200, if you want to save a few bucks and/or skip the hassle of overseas shipping to Jano.
Thanks for the third alternative! Good to know. Hadn't seen this one mentioned before.

this is a good plan. here is a straightforward "howto" from Janoshik, the gold standard in peptide testing: https://janoshik.com/HowToOrder.pdf

here is their pricing: https://janoshik.com/pricing/

that should cover all you need to know. if it won't let you post results when you get them (if you wish to share), send to me and I can post them. That section is restricted to posts by "Research Experts" to avoid bad actors using it for marketing purposes.

Back