List of Vendors Pausing Operations (28 October 24')

After a little looking around, it seems two things are happening simultaneously in the Chinese pharmaceutical world: a narcotics trafficking indictment, and an EL motivated crackdown on tirz manufacturers...
it does seem coordinated to me in a way. the indictments were done months ago but unsealed last thursday. last monday is when lilly sued the handful of domestic peptide places i think. that's impressive that Lilly's got the FDA, DEA, and DOJ doing their bidding against compounders, medspas, and China manufacturers all at once.

from some of the vendor comments, it also seems like the US has gotten the CCP to agree to some sort of crackdown via Chinese regulators as well.

There are now multiple conflicting stories including a new one that says some peptide manufacturers shared suppliers with companies that were manufacturing illegal drugs/drug precursors, and everyone is being scrutinized for their business associations.

Whatever is happening right now, it appears to be very serious.

There are now multiple conflicting stories including a new one that says some peptide manufacturers shared suppliers with companies that were manufacturing illegal drugs/drug precursors, and everyone is being scrutinized for their business associations.

Whatever is happening right now, it appears to be very serious.
For sure they shared the “cooking” lab and this for years, people just discovered it now

I understand the ‘they’ll be right back’, et.al. one of the things I have followed in detail for a very, very long time, because I have substantial interests, is Eli Flower. Since my nails are too long to type decently, I will say briefly: longer than a year ago I understood EL had developed a LONG term plan to protect their holdings, patents, and their future. of course they can’t control China, BUT in protecting their 2-5 Trillion $ investment over the next 20 years they are going to wreak havoc protecting their intellectual property. What is happening isn’t EVEN the tippiest top of an iceberg. They WILL impact ALL the markets that get in their way for the future. They will disrupt, over and over and over, to protect their IP. Go ahead, minimize it, but I have a couple well reasoned suggestions. IF you are taking or intend to take one of their drugs in the pipeline, get it now and freeze it. And, Buy EL stock. As little or as much as you can. Oh, and a third thing: stay out of their way, over the next 12-15 years, because they will roll right over you. Just one ancient woman’s thoughts. Happy Halloween.

What is happening isn’t EVEN the tippiest top of an iceberg. They WILL impact ALL the markets that get in their way for the future. They will disrupt, over and over and over, to protect their IP. Go ahead, minimize it, but I have a couple well reasoned suggestions. IF you are taking or intend to take one of their drugs in the pipeline, get it now and freeze it.

I guess we didn't know how good we had it. Hopefully this doesn't impact the rest of the Peptide world.

@Bacchus, would you say it makes sense for sellers to segment their business?

I understand the ‘they’ll be right back’, et.al. one of the things I have followed in detail for a very, very long time, because I have substantial interests, is Eli Flower. Since my nails are too long to type decently, I will say briefly: longer than a year ago I understood EL had developed a LONG term plan to protect their holdings, patents, and their future. of course they can’t control China, BUT in protecting their 2-5 Trillion $ investment over the next 20 years they are going to wreak havoc protecting their intellectual property. What is happening isn’t EVEN the tippiest top of an iceberg. They WILL impact ALL the markets that get in their way for the future. They will disrupt, over and over and over, to protect their IP. Go ahead, minimize it, but I have a couple well reasoned suggestions. IF you are taking or intend to take one of their drugs in the pipeline, get it now and freeze it. And, Buy EL stock. As little or as much as you can. Oh, and a third thing: stay out of their way, over the next 12-15 years, because they will roll right over you. Just one ancient woman’s thoughts. Happy Halloween.
If the right politicians win this election this is what’s going to stop Novo and Lilly. Forced price negotiation. Ozempic/Wegovy in 2027 and Moun/Zep not far after

One thing I never understood is how pharmacy companies in this type of situation, where you have a drug that is marketable to pretty much the entire population, can make more money by limiting access through cost vs making it available for low cost. I understand when you have a drug that is only applicable to a small population but this is comparing a teeny tiny fraction of the population getting their insurance to pay or paying out of pocket vs double digit percentage of Americans all on this drug paying a low cost. Seems like the latter pays more for Eli

One thing I never understood is how pharmacy companies in this type of situation, where you have a drug that is marketable to pretty much the entire population, can make more money by limiting access through cost vs making it available for low cost. I understand when you have a drug that is only applicable to a small population but this is comparing a teeny tiny fraction of the population getting their insurance to pay or paying out of pocket vs double digit percentage of Americans all on this drug paying a low cost. Seems like the latter pays more for Eli
EL literally can't make enough of this stuff to supply current demand at current exorbitant prices.

I guess we didn't know how good we had it. Hopefully this doesn't impact the rest of the Peptide world.

@Bacchus, would you say it makes sense for sellers to segment their business?
I’m not too worried about access and supply (not at all).

The only thing that might take a beating here, is the end users already limited ability to understand where the product comes from and how safe it is.

I’m not sure what you mean by segmenting? Are you referring to SRYs statement earlier today?

EL literally can't make enough of this stuff to supply current demand at current exorbitant prices.
I think they could if they sold it in the same form as chinese vendors. I know EL has started already shipping Mounjaro in vials in some markets. The cost really comes from the pen manufacturing. Even then they mark up the cost by an exorbitant sum.

Last edited:
I think they could if they sold it in the same form as chinese vendors. I know EL has started already shipping Mounjaro in vials in some markets. The cost really comes from the pen manufacturing. Even then they mark up the cost by an exorbitant sum.
From what I understand, the general population is considered too stupid to manage that - so it wouldn’t get approved 🤷‍♂️

The real cost saver for Chinese peptides is that they are not liquid. Well, and the lack if requirements for documentation supply chain and storage etc.

But in any case, people being trusted to add water to a vial? That is advanced chemistry and needs to be done by professionals

From what I understand, the general population is considered too stupid to manage that - so it wouldn’t get approved 🤷‍♂️

The real cost saver for Chinese peptides is that they are not liquid. Well, and the lack if requirements for documentation supply chain and storage etc.

But in any case, people being trusted to add water to a vial? That is advanced chemistry and needs to be done by professionals
Have you met the average American? Now consider the 50% of Americans which are dumber.

No, they can't. And no, the cost isn't coming from the pen, it's coming because supply and demand, they just can charge that much and people will pay.

Right now they're making a 9 billion investment in manufacturing facilitates for their API's, they literally can't keep up.

Sigma Audley is saying there is also an internal crackdown in China because of bad peptides being sold there.

1730148150576.png

Most of my knowledge regarding this is with regards to pets. But you'd be shocked how many people give their pet 1 syringe full instead of 1 unit. (So many small animals given a 100x dose of clavamox...) Even when you mark the syringe with a line in sharpie and show it to them directly and explicitly.

Half the people on Reddit can't even figure this out using the peptide calculator.

21% of American adults are considered functionally illiterate. 50% read at or below the 8th grade level. I'm not saying that makes them stupid (public education is a hot topic I don't really want to get into) but I'd expect that 50% to struggle with the math involved here, or to follow directions given with the vials.

Back