My way of reconstituting injectable peptide

I'd question the use of IPA as a sanitizer for your area. There are better products that are strong enough to kill alcohol resistant germs (such as MRSA and mold spores).

Bleach is cheap and available. Some ratio of that with DI water would probably be a more effective cleanser. Or a hospital grade off the shelf spray.
Yeah you're right, this guide is not exactly error free, I'm indeed using that, the germicidal wipe in the material section to be more precise

I'd question the use of IPA as a sanitizer for your area. There are better products that are strong enough to kill alcohol resistant germs (such as MRSA and mold spores).

Bleach is cheap and available. Some ratio of that with DI water would probably be a more effective cleanser. Or a hospital grade off the shelf spray.
MRSA is not alcohol resistant FYI. Spores etc. could be resistant.

Thoughts on Hypochlorous Acid?

MRSA is not alcohol resistant FYI. Spores etc. could be resistant.

Some studies show it's incomplete in it's effectiveness. You're free to shop your studies for the answers you want.

There are also strains of staph that have become resistant to alcohol. Facts are it's a poor area sanitizer. Especially at 70 percent. Especially when much better alternatives exist.

Use bleach. Caviwipes. Or continue to use alcohol.

Some studies show it's incomplete in it's effectiveness. You're free to shop your studies for the answers you want.

There are also strains of staph that have become resistant to alcohol. Facts are it's a poor area sanitizer. Especially at 70 percent. Especially when much better alternatives exist.

Use bleach. Caviwipes. Or continue to use alcohol.
True,I use bleach wipe, the one in the material list, I'm gonna fix that.

Do you know a way to sanitize air that's no alcohol or UV?

Yeah ok I'd image that's hard to do in a still air box

Yeah, ultimately everything is going to be a compromise given you're constrained by resources.

I think there are ways you could improve. Wash your hands and forearms with BD EZ Scrubs for instance. Those are cheap and available. But maybe Dial antibacterial soap is enough?

I was trying to think of a way to sterilize your glass. Autoclaves are expensive and I don't think the tops would survive. I'm not sure if they'd melt... they're silicon right?

Anyway, keep on keeping on :)

Well I've ordered all the stuff except the air box. Trying to figure out where I'm gonna store it in this Winnebago (parked in the desert for reconstituting).

Seriously though good effort and thanks for sharing. At least I'll be able to highlight what I skipped for the ER Dr when it happens... And with my luck it will 🤢

If the medical field did this every time they reconstituted a medication they would never get anything else done.

I think the medical field probably doesn't need to filter and their supplies are all pre-sterilized. There's just lots of compromises in the process. The filters are for lab use only for instance.

Ultimately, I'd want to ensure my process is superior to the "do nothing" alternative.

The OP states "reconstitute for others". I wouldn't want to be on the hook for someone else's safety. If he/she is selling the product to others for their medical use. You really need to carefully weigh the risks and consequences against the benefit you're receiving.

I doubt very much you're going to retire selling this stuff. But is it worth bankruptcy?

If the medical field did this every time they reconstituted a medication they would never get anything else done.
I'm pretty sure they have tighter standards than me, they do automate the production ofc.

Yeah, ultimately everything is going to be a compromise given you're constrained by resources.

I think there are ways you could improve. Wash your hands and forearms with BD EZ Scrubs for instance. Those are cheap and available. But maybe Dial antibacterial soap is enough?

I was trying to think of a way to sterilize your glass. Autoclaves are expensive and I don't think the tops would survive. I'm not sure if they'd melt... they're silicon right?

Anyway, keep on keeping on :)
Thanks the for advices! Yeah for the glass I just use alcohol prep pads cuz I've heard that bleach can leave residues and damage the rubber stopper.

I think the medical field probably doesn't need to filter and their supplies are all pre-sterilized. There's just lots of compromises in the process. The filters are for lab use only for instance.

Ultimately, I'd want to ensure my process is superior to the "do nothing" alternative.

The OP states "reconstitute for others". I wouldn't want to be on the hook for someone else's safety. If he/she is selling the product to others for their medical use. You really need to carefully weigh the risks and consequences against the benefit you're receiving.

I doubt very much you're going to retire selling this stuff. But is it worth bankruptcy?
Yeah true! It's only with close people. I wouldn't want to sell to someone that would tell the police or some aha.

There's ways it could be safer, but to me it's "good enough" considering the research and safety I put in for them and the fact they save at least 50% that way.

And I make a profit ofc

I had just planned to do this on my kitchen counter, next to the bread and honey .... Maybe now I'm reconsidering...? lol
I uhh... mostly reconstitute and inject while at my work (from home) desk, and half the time I'm injecting myself while in meetings (camera off lol). I'm also generally drinking a very large cup of coffee at the same time. 😬

There are also strains of staph that have become resistant to alcohol.
Would love to see proof of this so I can bring it to the attention of Infection Control at my hospital. Google and PubMed search brought up certain bacteria that make biofilms (E. faecium) or spores (cdiff), which have always been a known issue with alcohol disinfection, but nothing on staph resistance to isopropyl so curious what you've seen on it.

"How to LARP as a pharmaceutical chemist"
🧑‍🔬:D
I'm totally loving being a pseudo, quasi, would-be scientist! Even just mixing up my glow face serum and body cream, with my mini 600 gram scale and my stainless steel cuticle pusher and my tiny mixing bowls. Completely geek out on it all!

Back