Not a Research Expert

the way i want to buy a new kindle for no reason other than it's new and shiny (and doesn't have a nail polish stain on it like my current kindle). :(
But, think of all the protein you can buy if you don't

Hey Everyone,

Somewhere along the way I picked up the tag "Research Expert" next to my name. I think this is largely based on the software algorithm and maybe some of @ZippityDooDah's discretion but I'm really not sure. I have asked him to remove this moniker as I am not comfortable with it. I don't want members placing more stock in my opinions based on that moniker. Ideally, I would encourage everyone to read a variety of different viewpoints, even ones you disagree with before making important decisions for yourselves.

FWIW, I am actually a nurse, I do read a lot of research articles, gather intel about sources from more experienced members across multiple platforms and I am involved with two testing servers but, I am not that much further ahead of the game than a lot of you. I'm more like a sophomore getting good grades (so far) and I continue to increase my knowledge as much as possible.

I know many people are not going to go as deep into the weeds as I do but, in this space especially, please resist the temptation to follow any one person or discount another out of hand simply because you disagree with them or don't like them. Some will prey on your trust while the ones that annoy you may actually be dispensing valuable nuggets of hard-earned knowledge.

I know a lot of you just want to know who you can buy from with 100% certainty and the honest answer is no one. Even some of the domestic vendors have had issues. Of course, some vendors are more trustworthy than others but they are only as good as their last act so once you find a vendor that you 'trust', remember to trust but verify. Always.
This is an ongoing issue with the "user promotion" algorithms in the Xenforo software that I haven't had any time to troubleshoot. I normally have applied this title manually to grant folks access to posting in the Research Lab sections of the forum, but early on I set up an automatic promotion algorithm for users who hit a combination of certain milestones and many who have been around a while are starting to tick off those achievements and get the promotion automatically.

Unfortunately when I had to modify the user promotions to put new users into a post moderation status due to the crazy cantides lady and all her alts, I screwed something up in the way that all of the promotions are handled and haven't had a chance to figure it out. One of the bugs is that it seems to randomly apply then remove some promotions.

It's really more of a sign of solid and meaningful participation in the forum than a sign that anyone is "smarter" or better than anyone else. Just take it as a compliment for your valued contributions to the forum!

I'm leaving for another extended road trip tomorrow, but I have some time set aside during the Thanksgiving break to perform some maintenance and upgrades and will hopefully be able to get a couple bugs like this straightened out.

This is an ongoing issue with the "user promotion" algorithms in the Xenforo software that I haven't had any time to troubleshoot. I normally have applied this title manually to grant folks access to posting in the Research Lab sections of the forum, but early on I set up an automatic promotion algorithm for users who hit a combination of certain milestones and many who have been around a while are starting to tick off those achievements and get the promotion automatically.

Unfortunately when I had to modify the user promotions to put new users into a post moderation status due to the crazy cantides lady and all her alts, I screwed something up in the way that all of the promotions are handled and haven't had a chance to figure it out. One of the bugs is that it seems to randomly apply then remove some promotions.

It's really more of a sign of solid and meaningful participation in the forum than a sign that anyone is "smarter" or better than anyone else. Just take it as a compliment for your valued contributions to the forum!

I'm leaving for another extended road trip tomorrow, but I have some time set aside during the Thanksgiving break to perform some maintenance and upgrades and will hopefully be able to get a couple bugs like this straightened out.
Do you think the idea of renaming it to "research enthusiast" is a good idea for those that automagically get the tag?

Safe travels, Zippity!

Back