Overfill — a good or bad thing?

astroman

New_Member
Reaction score
I can’t figure out why significant overfill is a good thing. Wouldn’t that completely throw off the conversion/dosage?

Sure, if you want to pay $300 to get it tested
There are a couple of ways to navigate this. You can buy several kits at once from the same vendor which will bring down the testing cost per vial to a reasonable level. You can try to buy your kits at the same time as some friends and then all pitch in to get a vial tested, assuming you all got the same batch. You can join a testing group and try to participate in a test that lines up with your purchase.

I can’t figure out why significant overfill is a good thing. Wouldn’t that completely throw off the conversion/dosage?
You should be, and likely are, buying peptide products that have closely-tied credible COAs. The Analysis contains the actual peptide weight in milligrams to two decimal places.

Always reconstitute using that accurate COA number rather than the 'nominal' label weight the product is sold under. That way you are guaranteed to get accurate injection dosages.

There are a couple of ways to navigate this. You can buy several kits at once from the same vendor which will bring down the testing cost per vial to a reasonable level. You can try to buy your kits at the same time as some friends and then all pitch in to get a vial tested, assuming you all got the same batch. You can join a testing group and try to participate in a test that lines up with your purchase.
I think in the future I'm only going to participate in real group buys, ones coordinated by the purchasers. Not a "group buy" like what Tracy puts on. Nobody wants to donate a vial for testing in these QSC GBs because there's no reimbursement for the lost vial

You should be, and likely are, buying peptide products that have closely-tied credible COAs. The Analysis contains the actual peptide weight in milligrams to two decimal places.

Always reconstitute using that accurate COA number rather than the 'nominal' label weight the product is sold under. That way you are guaranteed to get accurate injection dosages.
Thank you, sir. My order of Amo T20 arrives tomorrow. From what I’ve read, they seem dependable and have reliable COA’s. Any further info I should know?

How do you do that? How do you know that a particular vial you tested will contain the same amount of all other vials in the kit? You don't.

To me it seems useless to test for that, maybe to identify a trend with a specific vendor, like if they tend to overfill, etc.

There's no way to know exactly how much you're injecting and I think it's fine.

I think in the future I'm only going to participate in real group buys, ones coordinated by the purchasers. Not a "group buy" like what Tracy puts on. Nobody wants to donate a vial for testing in these QSC GBs because there's no reimbursement for the lost vial
Not a bad strategy, just take care to vet the group. Some are pretty risky because you’re putting your trust in the coordinator who is in a position to steal the money, peptides, or both, and in many cases doesn’t have any leverage with the supplier to resolve quality issues that come to light after delivery.

Some are fine, just make sure to get a feel for their reputation outside of their respective telegram/discord servers which can sometimes feel like culty echo chambers because they ban anyone who isn’t 100% unquestioning. And as you see on any peptide discussion platform sometimes people are so grateful to have found a cheaper source for their meds that they become frothy for the leader who introduced them to it, losing sight of what else is out there.

You @geoguy78 may already know all this so apologies if I’m preaching to the choir.

Not a bad strategy, just take care to vet the group. Some are pretty risky because you’re putting your trust in the coordinator who is in a position to steal the money, peptides, or both, and in many cases doesn’t have any leverage with the supplier to resolve quality issues that come to light after delivery.

Some are fine, just make sure to get a feel for their reputation outside of their respective telegram/discord servers which can sometimes feel like culty echo chambers because they ban anyone who isn’t 100% unquestioning. And as you see on any peptide discussion platform sometimes people are so grateful to have found a cheaper source for their meds that they become frothy for the leader who introduced them to it, losing sight of what else is out there.

You @geoguy78 may already know all this so apologies if I’m preaching to the choir.
That makes me think, are there any buy group with coordinator in Canada?

Just my take, but I would reconstitute based on the nominal volume and not the CoA volume. Reason being that random batch tests have shown peptide volume being all over the place. The recent Amo group test for example, there were a wide variety of peptide volumes noted. Some over, some under. Now Amo seems to keep their "shot group" pretty tight with their fill amounts, but not all vendors have that kind of fill consistency.

Just my take, but I would reconstitute based on the nominal volume and not the CoA volume. Reason being that random batch tests have shown peptide volume being all over the place. The recent Amo group test for example, there were a wide variety of peptide volumes noted. Some over, some under. Now Amo seems to keep their "shot group" pretty tight with their fill amounts, but not all vendors have that kind of fill consistency.
From my research, we’re talking about nominal overfill, but some reps are exclaiming 20% overfill like it’s a good thing. A minor 5-10% isn’t gonna knock me over.

It's sketchy out there :unsure:

even if you test, and it comes back overfilled, you have no clue if the next vial is over or under, you just have to accept it may be a bit over or a bit under
If I'm buying from a place with a verified COA attached to the batch I'm purchasing from (and yes, that is a risk that my vial comes from that batch) and if it shows several tested vials at different mgs, I average them and choose that mg number. I'd rather assume the overfill and be cautious in the dosing.

I'm in the process of "onboarding" into a testing server and peptide group buy group to do just that, and I've learned a lot, BUT I've hit the crypto section, all their payments are via crypto, and I just don't know... am I really going to be buying SO MUCH I need to get a crypto wallet and learn all of that too?

Thank you, sir. Dennis! My order of Amo T20 arrives tomorrow. From what I’ve read, they seem dependable and have reliable COA’s. Any further info I should know?
You will very likely have a satisfying experience with your AmoPure purchase; many members have shared their positive experiences. You know from my posts that I have purchased Retatrutide from Amo a couple of times - I'm completely satisfied with it and with them.

Are you guaranteed to have a perfect transaction? No.
They are a company staffed by humans which means imperfection.
They do have the reputation here of responsibly cleaning-up their errors, and that is very significant.

I think it's entirely too much money for the testing done. I think the labs are taking advantage of the popularity of peptides just as much as the US suppliers charging 10x the price.
Agreed - the two businesses to go into: scaffolding and peptide testing labs.

Back