Positive side-effects

I have similar reduction in desire for alcohol as described above. Another weird one: I used to have a habit of biting my nails which has gone away. On the negative side, I used to get really excited about various things and now I feel like I'm faking excitement sometimes. Obviously this could be about food and cooking a meal but other things too. For example, going out to a concert or travel now seems like a hassle rather than something I'm really excited about. Not sure if this is just a cycle thing that will change or if it is the Tirzapatide.
Anhedonia (overall lack of feels) is actually a pretty common side effect. For many people it subsides. But keep an eye on it cause it can definitely spiral you into a depression.

I decided to stop drinking soda - the same day I did my first injection. It's been 1 week now and no soda. In the past, when I tried to stop, I had overwhelming desire to drink it due to the lows / pick me up desire. I'm shocked I don't feel like I'm dying without soda. I don't understand blood sugar stuff, but I assume it relates to this.

Omg. I've completely been able to stop taking both my ADHD meds and my RA (rheumatoid arthritis) meds!! I feel amazing and focused. So many positive changes have come since I started these meds back in dec 22. I'm actually kind of terrified to hit my goal weight and have to roll back my dosage and possibly lose that part.
Hi here,
I'm Anna, joined this group yesterday. I'm reading various posts to get myself familiarized with this group. Your post caught my attention because you mentioned RA. My mom has been on various RA meds for almost 30 years. I don't remember the names (will need to call and ask), but one of the side effect is the skin cancer, and unfortunately this is what she developed. Her doctor took her off of all the meds and offered a new med (again need to ask her the name) that is weekly IV, but the result will only be in 2 years!! I'm trying to research peptides for RA. Do you take anything else besides the tirz ? Does tirz really help you with RA?

Last edited:
I'm curious how many people have experienced positive side-effects on tirzepatide?

Since starting I have pretty much given up alcohol, I feel like I'm almost ready to quit smoking, my tinnitus seems to have improved slightly, and I definitely feel like it's improved my ADHD.

Obviously the weight loss has had a positive side-effect on many aspects including aches and pains, flexibility, and just being easier to do every day things, but there's definitely more to this med than the impacts on blood sugar and weight.
Quit smoking and hardly drink. Also don’t eat many sweets these days, eating habits are wayyyy better

I have IBS and this has been the only medication that has finally made me “regular” in years of visits to different Gastroenterology appointments. It’s been a God send to me.

Hi here,
I'm Anna, joined this group yesterday. I'm reading various posts to get myself familiarized with this group. Your post caught my attention because you mentioned RA. My mom has been on various RA meds for almost 30 years. I don't remember the names (will need to call and ask), but one of the side effect is the skin cancer, and unfortunately this is what she developed. Her doctor took her off of all the meds and offered a new med (again need to ask her the name) that is weekly IV, but the result will only be in 2 years!! I'm trying to research peptides for RA. Do you take anything else besides the tirz ? Does tirz really help you with RA?
Hi Anna,

Welcome to the group! It's great to have you here.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's struggles with RA and the side effects she's experienced, including the development of skin cancer. It's understandable that you're looking into alternative treatments, especially considering the long-term effects of traditional medications.

Regarding your question about peptides for RA, it's an area that's gaining attention in the medical community, but research is still ongoing to determine their effectiveness and safety. Peptides are compounds made up of amino acids, and they can have various roles in the body, including potential therapeutic effects on inflammation, which is a key component of RA.

As for my own experience, besides tirzepatide (Tirz), I haven't explored other peptide treatments for RA. Tirzepatide is a relatively new medication, primarily used for managing type 2 diabetes, but its potential benefits for RA are still being investigated in clinical trials. While some early studies have shown promising results in reducing inflammation and joint pain, it's essential to discuss any new treatment options with a healthcare professional to ensure they are safe and appropriate for your specific situation.

It's also important to keep in mind that what works for one person may not work for another, and individual responses to treatments can vary widely. I encourage you to continue researching and discussing potential treatment options with your mom's healthcare team to find the best approach for her.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with. Wishing you and your mom all the best on your journey towards managing RA.

Warm regards,
Tuk

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HappyByDesign
Back