Recommendations for launching my own clinic

Yes, someone will pay more for a product they perceive to be safer, and in this case, it is. Versus there are tons of companies out there relabeling unreliable products and charging the same price... and their clients think it must be higher quality due to the ticket, and it isn't.

As vocalized prior, thanks again for taking the time to have this conversation- there's always room to learn and people who want more access to peptides have a similar goal whether they're on Facebook or on a forum. Apologies if I somehow upset you!
not upset, but you'll find this market is necessarily adversarial.
You mentioned being more interested in selling non glp1s. the market of people looking for non-glp1s at the price point you are suggesting is vanishingly small. It made more sense when I thought you were trying to capture the tirz/sema market.

edit to add: there are also legit FDA synthesizers in china as well. I think the people you'd be targeting would also know that.

The rest of my point remains. If you’re competing against the gray peptide market with higher prices, you’re going to lose. There is no market for what you’re trying to do. It’s basically the worst of both worlds. Too expensive and also very few people care about the extra “safety” because to be frank, you can’t even point to what that means.
Don’t ever underestimate a good marketing campaigns ability to “create value”.

How much does sugar water cost to make? Yet coke makes billions.

The spread between what these things cost to manufacture and what ppl are apparently willing to pay leaves tons of room for many niches and levels of service.

I co-own a clinic that does IV's, IM shots, etc and then I own another business that deals with just peptide medical supplies.

The company is called Peptide Pack. We sell kits of all the remaining supplies needed from people like yourself buying research peptides- (insulin syringes, Bac water, reconstitution syringe, alc wipes) as a one stop shop so people don't have to order all the supplies from either different suppliers or what not. Say what you want about the peptides, but people are using bad Bac Water with incorrect PH levels and that can cause some of the stinging and side effects in itself so we source everything through big medical suppliers here in the states and assemble the kits ourselves. Super super excited about this because it makes it so simple for people trying to get into the space!

Curious/would love feedback on this product as well.
There are many companies that already do this. HCG diet was the craze that started them all as far as I know. I bought the exact same thing years ago for that purpose. You can buy them on eBay, Amazon or just a Google search. There's so many

There are many companies that already do this. HCG diet was the craze that started them all as far as I know. I bought the exact same thing years ago for that purpose. You can buy them on eBay, Amazon or just a Google search. There's so many
Would you mind sending me a link to the packs of all these medical supplies you're referring to? Would love to see competitors.

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and love what you've put together. I've been in the biohacking space for awhile now and decided to throw my hat in the ring for launching a Telehealth clinic for peptides. Mainly GLPs but sermorelin, PT-141, and some others. Besides price and branding, how else do you think we can stand out against the giants and what do you all want to get out of a clinic that you currently aren't? Thanks for all the feedback in advance!
To be honest, your marketing strategy and reach is more important than your product and service - Sad but true ;)

That doesn't mean that you shouldn't have a good product/service - that's mandatory, but it will most likely not be the thing that makes you stand out and succeed.

Hate to break it to you but you’re not really in the right place. Sounds to me like you need to be targeting the Facebook folks who are about to lose their compounding pharmacy access. It’ll be tough for you to pry our wallets open when we have been paying $1/mg for effective, tested tirzepatide. You need to go after the people to whom your prices sound like a bargain because they’re anchored on pharma prices.

I am going to back out of this convo. It was fun and games when I thought I could encourage you to just run an ethical place but now it’s feeling more like youre trying to figure out how to charge the highest price you can, which I’m less inclined to support.
I am BRAND NEW here, as of today. Interestingly enough, I came here, through the recommendation - sub Reddit/tirzepatide/compound forum as provided by a user in a private group, from FB. And, indeed WE are just shy of actually hyperventilating - while simultaneously pulling our hair out by the roots! The news was jarring and confusing regarding the compound 503a pharmacies. They (we) are trying to determine and identify which pharmacy is 503a or 503b. Then utilize the one that is the most cost effective, while also being reputable. The struggle is real and the long term price points are frightening for us. I am on Medicare and I went through Eli Lilly Direct, and paid $399 for the 2.5mg dose 3 weeks ago. And, I just paid $549 for the higher and highest dose of 5.0mg two days ago. However, I will not be able to continue paying these prices “forever”. Or even in the foreseeable short term. So, I would definitely agree FB may be a more viable testing ground for you, as we/they are desperately looking for any/all viable solutions. However, I will say “tried and true” pharmacies would be the route I would go. As it is, I am 73 years old and the reason I started, this life saving drug, was to prolong my life. Therefore, I do not want to shorten whatever time I have left taking a chance on with new companies that do not have folks that would vouch for them - from their personal experiences/references. Some may feel differently. Thank you for listening.

I am BRAND NEW here, as of today. Interestingly enough, I came here, through the recommendation - sub Reddit/tirzepatide/compound forum as provided by a user in a private group, from FB. And, indeed WE are just shy of actually hyperventilating - while simultaneously pulling our hair out by the roots! The news was jarring and confusing regarding the compound 503a pharmacies. They (we) are trying to determine and identify which pharmacy is 503a or 503b. Then utilize the one that is the most cost effective, while also being reputable. The struggle is real and the long term price points are frightening for us. I am on Medicare and I went through Eli Lilly Direct, and paid $399 for the 2.5mg dose 3 weeks ago. And, I just paid $549 for the higher and highest dose of 5.0mg two days ago. However, I will not be able to continue paying these prices “forever”. Or even in the foreseeable short term. So, I would definitely agree FB may be a more viable testing ground for you, as we/they are desperately looking for any/all viable solutions. However, I will say “tried and true” pharmacies would be the route I would go. As it is, I am 73 years old and the reason I started, this life saving drug, was to prolong my life. Therefore, I do not want to shorten whatever time I have left taking a chance on with new companies that do not have folks that would vouch for them - from their personal experiences/references. Some may feel differently. Thank you for listening.
Thank you for sharing all of this... I know what's happening is tricky and FDA rug pulled everyone on such short notice. Your feedback means a lot and we're working on something that should help!

nurse practitioner here and begged my doc to open a weight loss clinic with me 10 years ago when he was getting ready for retirement. He went on a world cruise and did some locums work instead. He told me a couple of years ago he was not renewing his license.

What that means is again, the product was compounded in an FDA Drug Manufacturing approved lab following GMP certifications and most of the research products people are buying have NO clue where they're getting it from, what else could be in it, etc. In any market, there's always going to be the % that will pay more for a product they perceive to be safer whether it is or not. I totally understand that isn't you... but it doesn't mean it may not be someone else.

Hey @Peptide_Pack, I hope you're not feeling too discouraged by these responses, but I also agree that your customers won't be the kind of people who purchase from the grey market, let me explain why:

As you mentioned in your previous post, the primary selling point of peptides manufactured in an FDA approved facility in the US is safety. Someone purchasing your products may have to pay a premium, but they also have the assurance that the products they receive are high quality and low in contaminants that may negatively impact their health.

The people who purchase grey market peptides aren't just sensitive to price (we already know that) they are also, paradoxically, very risk conscious. It might not seem like it on its face, but 90% of the conversations on forums like this are really about risk and safety, and the people having those conversations generally feel comfortable doing deep research and taking steps to mitigate risk for themselves. I think the issue of failed sterility tests among multiple vendors is a great example of this. Instead of dropping out of the space altogether or defaulting to trusted US companies, many did their research and are now filtering their peptides as a best practice. People who would rather filter injections by hand than pay US market prices may be willing to pay a bit more for product from an FDA approved facility, but definitely not enough for you to recoup costs.

Having said that, I do think you could have success setting up your peptide business as a supplier to your MedSpa and other MedSpas without a ton of knowledge that want to dip into the space.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and love what you've put together. I've been in the biohacking space for awhile now and decided to throw my hat in the ring for launching a Telehealth clinic for peptides. Mainly GLPs but sermorelin, PT-141, and some others. Besides price and branding, how else do you think we can stand out against the giants and what do you all want to get out of a clinic that you currently aren't? Thanks for all the feedback in advance

Hey Hey! So there's two sides to this... working with an MD licensed in all 50 states so we can prescribe which a big percentage of the market prefers because even though 503a/b's have loose regulations, there are still regulations and people will pay the premium. But there's obviously a lot of big companies entering the space so trying to figure out on the Rx side what they AREN'T doing that we can. I think a big part of it is the wholistic approach not just hey here are your GLPs have fun. But there's more to it.

Now on the other side of things, I have a partner who works with an FDA Drug Manufacturing approved lab that makes the highest quality peptides I've ever seen but they label them "Research" so that people can have access to the peptides that aren't able to be pumped through the Rx route. The issue is they're much more expensive then some random Chinese peptides or some of these vendors. Like a 10mg vial of Tesamorelin or BPC would likely cost a patient around ~$200. Even if our branding is top notch, we have lab tests for every batch, and the compounder is here in the US, would people buy research products at that price point? I'm not sure.

So to answer your question, sort of trying to do both under different entities.
How would you do GLPs if those still patented are no longer in shortage? I assume you've scouted the prices on a whole host of peptides sold by all the US vendors already with their cool branding and their linked COAs. What would be different about what you want to do from what they are already doing? Big markup, buyers paying more for supposed piece of mind. If I buy domestic, I want to see sterility tests, endotoxin reports, would like to see heavy metal tests...

Last edited:
Seriously dude? Do your own oppo researc

Seriously dude? Do your own oppo research!
You really could've googled it yourself. I mean, you own a business doing this so I assumed you'd do the leg work. But here-

Hey hey! Apologizing on the late response. The reason I asked that is not because I haven't done research... but to prove a point. Those two links don't lead to a product, they lead to images of medical supplies scattered on a table with a terrible website.

I appreciate everyone who gives feedback.

Hey @Peptide_Pack, I hope you're not feeling too discouraged by these responses, but I also agree that your customers won't be the kind of people who purchase from the grey market, let me explain why:

As you mentioned in your previous post, the primary selling point of peptides manufactured in an FDA approved facility in the US is safety. Someone purchasing your products may have to pay a premium, but they also have the assurance that the products they receive are high quality and low in contaminants that may negatively impact their health.

The people who purchase grey market peptides aren't just sensitive to price (we already know that) they are also, paradoxically, very risk conscious. It might not seem like it on its face, but 90% of the conversations on forums like this are really about risk and safety, and the people having those conversations generally feel comfortable doing deep research and taking steps to mitigate risk for themselves. I think the issue of failed sterility tests among multiple vendors is a great example of this. Instead of dropping out of the space altogether or defaulting to trusted US companies, many did their research and are now filtering their peptides as a best practice. People who would rather filter injections by hand than pay US market prices may be willing to pay a bit more for product from an FDA approved facility, but definitely not enough for you to recoup costs.

Having said that, I do think you could have success setting up your peptide business as a supplier to your MedSpa and other MedSpas without a ton of knowledge that want to dip into the space.
Thanks for taking the time to write this and don't worry I'm not discouraged at all! As mentioned before everyone has their own opinions and I respect them. I'm excited to see what happens!

How would you do GLPs if those still patented are no longer in shortage? I assume you've scouted the prices on a whole host of peptides sold by all the US vendors already with their cool branding and their linked COAs. What would be different about what you want to do from what they are already doing? Big markup, buyers paying more for supposed piece of mind. If I buy domestic, I want to see sterility tests, endotoxin reports, would like to see heavy metal tests...
Will take all those tests into consideration and get them done! I appreciate you!

Hey hey! Apologizing on the late response. The reason I asked that is not because I haven't done research... but to prove a point. Those two links don't lead to a product, they lead to images of medical supplies scattered on a table with a terrible website.

I appreciate everyone who gives feedback.
They do lead to a product. There’s an “add to cart” button and everything. It just doesn’t have a pretty box like the one you showed. And if you’re worried about a “terrible website”, I’m pretty sure you haven’t had to dig through 2500+ pages of a forum to find the right peptide promotion you’re looking for so you can send an email or WhatsApp message to a vendor to place an order.

What a waste of time to ask disingenuous questions and then brush off the legitimate answers. I certainly wouldn’t buy anything from you based solely on the arrogance displayed here.

Last edited:
They do lead to a product. There’s an “add to cart” button and everything. It just doesn’t have a pretty box like the one you showed. And if you’re worried about a “terrible website”, I’m pretty sure you haven’t had to dig through 2500+ pages of a forum to find the right peptide promotion you’re looking for so you can send an email or WhatsApp message to a vendor to place an order.

What a waste of time to ask disingenuous questions and then brush off the legitimate answers. I certainly wouldn’t buy anything from you based solely on the arrogance displayed here.
Hey @peptideusername ... I'm sorry you and your friend feel that way!

Hey Hey! So there's two sides to this... working with an MD licensed in all 50 states so we can prescribe which a big percentage of the market prefers because even though 503a/b's have loose regulations, there are still regulations and people will pay the premium. But there's obviously a lot of big companies entering the space so trying to figure out on the Rx side what they AREN'T doing that we can. I think a big part of it is the wholistic approach not just hey here are your GLPs have fun. But there's more to it.

Now on the other side of things, I have a partner who works with an FDA Drug Manufacturing approved lab that makes the highest quality peptides I've ever seen but they label them "Research" so that people can have access to the peptides that aren't able to be pumped through the Rx route. The issue is they're much more expensive then some random Chinese peptides or some of these vendors. Like a 10mg vial of Tesamorelin or BPC would likely cost a patient around ~$200. Even if our branding is top notch, we have lab tests for every batch, and the compounder is here in the US, would people buy research products at that price point? I'm not sure.

So to answer your question, sort of trying to do both under different entities.
Yes, people buy at more or less any price point if your marketing is done and targeted right.

Which price point is optimal is another story.

The main problem you will face is a large risk and cost on your marketing. If you go with the wrong strategy and pump ads, you quickly burn your money.

Your target is a niche market where price isn’t an issue. So you are probably barking up the wrong tree by doing your research here, statistically speaking.

What you are looking to compete with is wellness clinics that do beauty and iv treatments etc. Not Chinese peptide suppliers, which is the main source on this board :)

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squirt82
Back