Supplies for long-term travel with tirzepatide

guernica

New_Member
Reaction score
I’m new to the wonderful world of peptides research and this forum has been incredibly helpful – thank you so much.

I will soon be travelling for several months and need to keep the contents of my backpack to an absolute minimum. Below is what I think I need for reconstituting and filtering 10 vials + dosing weekly over 25 weeks. Currently in the UK and will be in the US next week, so obtaining supplies in both countries:

• 10x Tirzepatide 30mg, 3ml vials
  • 10x Bacteriostatic water, 3ml (this i am having the most trouble with!)
  • 10x Syringes, lauer lock, 2ml
  • 20x Needles, low dead space, 25G 16mm (considered 30G but decided 25G is best for filtering)
  • 10x PES syringe filters, 0.22um 4mm (excellent advice & service from peptidetest.com)
  • 1x PepPen V2 (discount code: Thanks50)
  • 10x Pen cartridges, 3ml
  • 35x Pen needles, 31G 4mm 32G 4mm (also to vent cartridges) (discount code: EWA)
  • 10x Disposable gloves, pairs
  • 50x Alcohol swabs (for filtering and injection site)
  • 1x Insulated travel case with gel pack (more for convenience and TSA, than for cooling)
Is that everything (excluding spares) – or am I missing something? I feel like I may be missing something! Thank you again 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

[will update with check marks
as I order each item]

Last edited:
I’m new to the wonderful world of peptides research and this forum has been incredibly helpful – thank you so much. I will soon be travelling for several months and need to keep the contents of my backpack to an absolute minimum.

Currently in the UK and will be in the US next week, so obtaining supplies in both countries. This is what I think I need for ten vials, dosing weekly over 25 weeks:

• 10x Tirzepatide 30mg, 3ml vials (already ordered and shipped)
  • 10x Bacteriostatic water, 3ml
  • 10x Syringes, lauer lock, 2ml
  • 20x Needles, low dead space, 25G 16mm
  • 10x Syringe filters, PES, 0.22um 4mm (13mm, if unavailable)
  • 1x PepPen V2
  • 10x Pen cartridges, 3ml
  • 35x Pen needles, 31g 4mm (also for venting cartridges)
  • 10x Disposable gloves, pairs
  • 50x Alcohol swabs (for filtering and injection site)
  • 1x Insulated travel case with gel pack
Is that everything (excluding spares) – or am I missing something? I feel like I may be missing something! Thank you again 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽
This is more than a lot of people use when at home, so I think you'll be good aha

is there anything in my list not super necessary? (without cutting filtering)
I'd say the gloves are not strictly necessary with clean hands, of course it's better with

The needles, the smaller they are, the better it is for the seal. It might be hard to filter with smaller needles tho

The needles, the smaller they are, the better it is for the seal. It might be hard to filter with smaller needles tho

Cheers.
So maybe 23G or 25G needles for reconstituting and 30G (this) for transferring the filtered solution to the cartridge? (or the 30G for both?)
As you say, may be harder to filter though.

Both works yes
thanks for your advice.
will place all orders today as limited time frame, but will give it a few hours for input from others just in case. although this sub-forum is a little quiet, huh! perhaps I should have posted in Public Square...

thanks for your advice.
will place all orders today as limited time frame, but will give it a few hours for input from others just in case. although this sub-forum is a little quiet, huh! perhaps I should have posted in Public Square...
I don't think it matters where you post honestly, I personally only check the latest posts section.

This forum is very new and niche, so we are not a lot, especially during a Monday afternoon

Does any of this need to be kept cool/cold?

(When I travel with reconstituted tirz I utilize a insulin cool case)

Is there any worry about customs/law enforcement?

(I’d be concerned with vials and needles. Some states restrict needles. Pens I’d be less worried about if 1-2.)

Does any of this need to be kept cool/cold?
(When I travel with reconstituted tirz I utilize a insulin cool case)
Is there any worry about customs/law enforcement?
(I’d be concerned with vials and needles. Some states restrict needles. Pens I’d be less worried about if 1-2.)

My understanding is lyophilized peptide (unreconstituted) can be kept at room temps for like three months, refrigerated for a year or so, or frozen for several years. I will mostly have access to fridges on my travels, so will keep in there when I can (not in the freezer though, as repeated unfreezing/freezing degrades potency).

Reconstituted Tirz can be kept at 2–8°C for like six weeks and 8–30°C for a cumulative 21 days during that period. So a combination of refrigeration and some days at room temp will be fine for me.

Needles are a pain to obtain in Massachusetts, which is why I'll bring them from London. I'm not too worried about airport security in the US when I depart for travels, as I'll have the PepPen plus a branded Mounjaro pen and the insulin case - and I guess they'll just assume "diabetes stuff" (which is technically correct, given Tirz's original use). I fly to Belize and later overland to Guatemala and can only imagine drugs are smuggled in the opposite direction. Customs likely won't be searching bags for illicit substances nor will they care about non-narcotics. Hope so, anyway!

Last edited:
My understanding is lyophilized peptide (unreconstituted) can be kept at room temps for like three months, refrigerated for a year or so, or frozen for several years. I will mostly have access to fridges on my travels, so will keep in there when I can (not in the freezer though, as repeated unfreezing/freezing degrades potency).

Reconstituted Tirz can be kept at 2–8°C for like six weeks and 8–30°C for a cumulative 21 days during that period. So a combination of refrigeration and some days at room temp will be fine for me.

Needles are a pain to obtain in Massachusetts, which is why I'll bring them from London. I'm not too worried about airport security in the US when I depart for travels, as I'll have the PepPen plus a branded Mounjaro pen and the insulin case - and I guess they'll just assume "diabetes stuff" (which is technically correct, given Tirz's original use). I fly to Belize and later overland to Guatemala and can only imagine drugs are smuggled in the opposite direction. Customs likely won't be searching bags for illicit substances nor will they care about non-narcotics. Hope so, anyway!
Even reconstituted it's good in room temperature and higher for longer than you would think :)

Focus on enjoying your trip, your peptides will be fine - And you are taking plenty of precautions in my opinion :)

Back