TFA salts and Acetate

DevynL90

New_Member
Reaction score
So there was a long discussion in a peptide testing discord server earlier tonight about TFA (Trifluoroacetic Acid) salts and how it's something we should avoid if possible and that acetate form is really what we should be targeting, however it's more expensive so chinese/research peptides likely don't do it.

Additionally, someone linked a Q&A with Janoshik where this topic was brought up and the answers at least to me felt inconclusive. Attached screenshot of the relevant part and the whole Q&A below (thanks B-Man). Also attached is a screenshot from a NLM article on "The Role of Counter-Ions in Peptides"

I was surprised to hear of all of this for the first time and then even more surprised to type "TFA" and "Acetate" into the search bar here and see nothing really come up about it. Wondering if folks smarter than me might be able to do more with this information and just hoping to see more discussion on this.

As an aside, I emailed my vendor (Amopure) and asked if they sell their tirz in the Acetate form or something else and their response was as follows:

"Greetings.

Thank you for your inquiry.

We don't have the acetate form of Tirz.

Thank you!"

Attachments

• Lab-Jano Q&A-V1-Final(r) 2024-08-08.pdf
    Lab-Jano Q&A-V1-Final(r) 2024-08-08.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • image.png
    image.png
    264.9 KB · Views: 12
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    435.9 KB · Views: 11
The Jano doc

This doc as well as the screenshot from that doc need to be removed from your post as that doc belongs to another platform that prohibits reposting on other platforms.

Fight Club!

I'm the one that passed that document along to the OP.

I didn't get this doc from any "another platform that prohibits reposting on other platforms"

This gatekeeping "fight club" bullshit needs to stop.

Fight club my ass. I didn't pull this document off any forum.

The Jano doc

This doc as well as the screenshot from that doc need to be removed from your post as that doc belongs to another platform that prohibits reposting on other platforms.

Fight Club!
Stop this bullshit nonsense

@PopTart If a platform has rules against sharing their content outside of it then glp1forum will respect that and remove the content. Sounds like in this case that isn’t happening but dm me if you think it is and I’ll remove it after checking the site or with the site owner if it’s somewhere I’m not a member.

And no, keeping content exclusive the platform that made it is not bullshit. Their platform, their rules. If you disagree then it is well within your rights to make an open platform where you can make your own content and share everything with everyone all the time. I’ve been on both types of platform and can tell you that ones tends to generate better, more useful knowledge than the Dunning Kruger junk show you get in wide open communities.

You can test for TFA at home, kinda, using PH tester or strips.

Here's a table with concentration to reconstitute for properly test + expected pH vs TFA content.

Note that this test is not very precise, as other things in the product can affect the pH, but it should give you an idea at least.

Attachments

• file-SJWOhvi5NVP7GuiIfnY9D1FG (1).png
    file-SJWOhvi5NVP7GuiIfnY9D1FG (1).png
    48.9 KB · Views: 0

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yanaga
Back