Tirz Burning Poll

Have you experienced stinging/burning from tirz injections?

• Total voters
I've had 1/10 stinging that lasts a few seconds using Hallendale. Have yet to try other compounders or vendors, but plan on in the future.

No burning stinging but progressively larger more bothersome hot red itchy ISR. This week at 5mg it was 4" around, raised welt inside 2+ inches thigh, my stomach is such a mess recovering from every 5 day ISR. I'm just hoping it's not the TZ. I will be filtering moving forward everything.

No reactions through my first five injections of 2.5mg from red rock. Starting 5.0 with t15 from amo on Wednesday.

Never burning or stinging. Compound from Brooks, Hallandale and Revive through Valhalla Vitality. Sometimes the needle itself pinches a tiny bit (pain level 1).

No burning stinging but progressively larger more bothersome hot red itchy ISR. This week at 5mg it was 4" around, raised welt inside 2+ inches thigh, my stomach is such a mess recovering from every 5 day ISR. I'm just hoping it's not the TZ. I will be filtering moving forward everything.
You may have already tried this, but a flonase type product sprayed on the skin (after alcohol wipe) right before injection can sometimes help with that type of ISR.

Compound from Salt Lake at a strength of 10mg/mL, dosage of 2.5mg: No burn

Nexa: 10mg/mL, dosage from 2.5-4mg : No Burn

QSC : 30mg/1.5mL, dosage from 4-6mg : No burn

I swab my skin with alcohol twice (letting it dry fully each time) and only pin after I have showered and used antibacterial soap. I always warm my injections in my hands before administering. And I administer into my belly. I never do a volume greater than .5mL in one injection.

I've never had any ISR. No red spots, no itching, no heat, no rash. The next morning and I can't even tell where I administered my tirz.

I occasionally had mild stinging for fewer than ten minutes from compound from Red Rocks at 7.5. I've had it now and again for I think every research tirz I've tried (four different vendors), sometimes along with a small itchy welt. I think I'm just sensitive to bac water. It goes away pretty quick.

You may have already tried this, but a flonase type product sprayed on the skin (after alcohol wipe) right before injection can sometimes help with that type of ISR.
I'm guessing because it's a steroid? Any OTC steroid cream would do the trick, probably?

FWIW - I absolutely DESPISE the pain rating scale. It is so subjective. I honestly don't know how to rate my pain at all. Was it like my leg was being sawed off by a rusty spoon? No. Was it enough that I couldn't sleep and it was uncomfortable AF? Yes.

I had stinging with Amo 30. It was not a dull needle - at the time was using luer-lock needles and I switched out the needle to give the injection with a new needle and NOT the one I used to draw from the vial. Was not my bac water - I did an only bac water injection and had no issues. Product still worked.

Replacement AMO 30 leaves bruising or redness at injection site which I have not had previously at all but there is no burning on injection as long as I administer slow. Product still works but am hesitant to use it.

Hallandale, Revive, Brooks - no stinging. Hallandale left a bit of bruise-feeling pain at the injection site for a few hours but no bruising was visible. Red Rock stings like crazy all through the injection and for about 10 minutes after. Coincidentally it's also the compound that's worked best for me and has had the cleanest "feel" in terms of the intended effects and the side effects.

FWIW - I absolutely DESPISE the pain rating scale. It is so subjective. I honestly don't know how to rate my pain at all. Was it like my leg was being sawed off by a rusty spoon? No. Was it enough that I couldn't sleep and it was uncomfortable AF? Yes.

I had stinging with Amo 30. It was not a dull needle - at the time was using luer-lock needles and I switched out the needle to give the injection with a new needle and NOT the one I used to draw from the vial. Was not my bac water - I did an only bac water injection and had no issues. Product still worked.

Replacement AMO 30 leaves bruising or redness at injection site which I have not had previously at all but there is no burning on injection as long as I administer slow. Product still works but am hesitant to use it.

Weird, Amo is also the only source I've ever experienced an ISR from with any kind of subq injection as well. Interesting to note it's not just me.

Weird, Amo is also the only source I've ever experienced an ISR from with any kind of subq injection as well. Interesting to note it's not just me.
I also have an ISR with Aminos Research. These are the only 2 vendors I have tried. I am awaiting arrival and testing of Ronsen. I do not have an ISR with KPV or Glow just TZ.

Hallandale, Revive, Brooks - no stinging. Hallandale left a bit of bruise-feeling pain at the injection site for a few hours but no bruising was visible. Red Rock stings like crazy all through the injection and for about 10 minutes after. Coincidentally it's also the compound that's worked best for me and has had the cleanest "feel" in terms of the intended effects and the side effects.
I had a bruise from 1 injection on my stomach, but I think I had managed to hit some tiny vein or capillary or whatever. It lasted for a couple weeks and was ugly but didn’t hurt.

Regarding rating pain on 1-10 scale, I agree it's not very helpful unless patients rating their pain have the same understanding of what the numbers mean. Just asking for a number from 1-10 without definitions means everyone correlates the pain they are experiencing to the scale differently.

It is intended to apply to how your pain interrupts your ability to carry on your daily activities. Below is only one example of how the pain scale is broken up into mild, moderate, severe, and descriptions for each. What is always going to be subjective about any pain rating is how each individual experiences pain for similar events. However, if one persion can't get out of bed and is or is almost incoherent and delirious due to their pain and they say 10; and another person is able to still do daily activities but can feel pain while going about their day and also says 10, then that is due to different interpretations of what a 10 on the pain scale actually means when applied to daily activities.

Measuring Your Pain
The pain scale breaks up pain into levels from 1 to 10, which describe just how much your pain affects your daily activity. These levels are grouped together into Mild, Moderate, and Severe pain.

Mild pain may be annoying and noticeable, but it doesn’t keep you from performing normal activity. Specifically:

• At level 1, pain may be barely noticeable and easily ignored.
  • Level 2 pain is annoying and may flare into occasional stronger twinges.
  • Pain at level 3 is distracting, but you can learn to adapt to it.
Moderate pain begins to get in the way of your daily life. Specifically:

• You may be able to push level 4 pain aside for periods while involved in a task, but it is still very distracting.
  • Level 5 pain can’t be ignored for more than a few minutes, but you can push through it with effort.
  • At level 6, the pain may make it hard for you to concentrate on regular tasks.
Severe pain can render you unable to perform normal activity. Specifically:

• At level 7, the pain demands your attention and prevents you from performing tasks. It may even interfere with your sleep.
  • Level 8 pain is intense, limiting your physical activity and even making conversation difficult. Sleep is usually disrupted.
  • Pain at level 9 leaves you unable to talk at all. You may just be moaning or crying uncontrollably.
  • The greatest pain, level 10, leaves you bedridden, incoherent and even delirious.
1000049126.jpg

Last edited:
I’m using the scale and rating Amo L15 an 7 out of 10. I’ll use 10 being the most painful inj I’ve ever had.

I would rate trstosterone and hcg subQ inj a 1, ozempic a 1, trimix injections a 4, syphilis prophylactic injections a 5, getting an IV started a 8, and spinal tap a 10

But I paid $1.6/mg incl shipping, so like someone else said it’s worth it, bc of the results

I’m clarifying this is not a post-injection reaction caused by an immune or allergic response, I have no redness, itching, or inflammation after. It’s an immediate sting that goes away after 30-45 mins

Also I draw with one needle the switch to a new smaller needle, so not a dullness issue. The pain doesn’t start until the push of the solution, not the skin puncture, which is completely painless with a 31g new needle.

Regarding rating pain on 1-10 scale, I agree it's not very helpful unless patients rating their pain have the same understanding of what the numbers mean. Just asking for a number from 1-10 without definitions means everyone correlates the pain they are experiencing to the scale differently.

It is intended to apply to how your pain interrupts your ability to carry on your daily activities. Below is only one example of how the pain scale is broken up into mild, moderate, severe, and descriptions for each. What is always going to be subjective about any pain rating is how each individual experiences pain for similar events. However, if one persion can't get out of bed and is or is almost incoherent and delirious due to their pain and they say 10; and another person is able to still do daily activities but can feel pain while going about their day and also says 10, then that is due to different interpretations of what a 10 on the pain scale actually means when applied to daily activities.

Measuring Your Pain
The pain scale breaks up pain into levels from 1 to 10, which describe just how much your pain affects your daily activity. These levels are grouped together into Mild, Moderate, and Severe pain.

Mild pain may be annoying and noticeable, but it doesn’t keep you from performing normal activity. Specifically:

• At level 1, pain may be barely noticeable and easily ignored.
  • Level 2 pain is annoying and may flare into occasional stronger twinges.
  • Pain at level 3 is distracting, but you can learn to adapt to it.
Moderate pain begins to get in the way of your daily life. Specifically:

• You may be able to push level 4 pain aside for periods while involved in a task, but it is still very distracting.
  • Level 5 pain can’t be ignored for more than a few minutes, but you can push through it with effort.
  • At level 6, the pain may make it hard for you to concentrate on regular tasks.
Severe pain can render you unable to perform normal activity. Specifically:

• At level 7, the pain demands your attention and prevents you from performing tasks. It may even interfere with your sleep.
  • Level 8 pain is intense, limiting your physical activity and even making conversation difficult. Sleep is usually disrupted.
  • Pain at level 9 leaves you unable to talk at all. You may just be moaning or crying uncontrollably.
  • The greatest pain, level 10, leaves you bedridden, incoherent and even delirious.
View attachment 2810
This chart skips 5 and has two 3’s lol

Back