Tirz Burning Poll

Have you experienced stinging/burning from tirz injections?

• Total voters
Slight burning/pain. It was more like a 2-inch red oval that itched like a mosquito bite. Three different manufacturers, all with the same results. No cream, ointment, lotion, or Benadryl-type medication (pills or ointment) would stop it. The slight pain and itch lasted for 4 days. By the time the next shot was due, the redness was 95% gone. The dose size didn’t seem to matter, except the red oval would get slightly larger, maybe by 1/8th of an inch, with higher dosages. I started taking tirzepatide at 1,250 mg for 6 weeks, then moved to 2,500 mg for 6 weeks (it was the first GLP I had ever used), and it worked great.

Things we did to try to eliminate the problem: three different brands (Skye, Peptide Sciences, and one China source) — all caused the same reaction. We tried different injection sites (stomach, thighs, love handles, and butt), but all had the same results. Injecting 1 ml of straight Hospira bacteriostatic water into two different locations caused no pain or irritation, so we ruled out the water as the issue. All vials were reconstituted with new Hospira bacteriostatic water bought from a medical supply store, and all were stored in the fridge. We even tried running it through a .22-micron filter, but it made zero difference.

When we switched to semaglutide, there was no redness, no itching, and no problem. Those were my wife’s results. Interestingly, I used the exact same vials from all three vendors and experienced no redness, pain, or itching. My wife has used melanotan 1 and BPC-157 with zero reactions, so I don’t think it’s the filler (mannitol) used in the peptide mix. I would assume the issue must be with the tirzepatide chemical itself.

Slight burning/pain. It was more like a 2-inch red oval that itched like a mosquito bite. Three different manufacturers, all with the same results. No cream, ointment, lotion, or Benadryl-type medication (pills or ointment) would stop it. The slight pain and itch lasted for 4 days. By the time the next shot was due, the redness was 95% gone. The dose size didn’t seem to matter, except the red oval would get slightly larger, maybe by 1/8th of an inch, with higher dosages. I started taking tirzepatide at 1,250 mg for 6 weeks, then moved to 2,500 mg for 6 weeks (it was the first GLP I had ever used), and it worked great.

Things we did to try to eliminate the problem: three different brands (Skye, Peptide Sciences, and one China source) — all caused the same reaction. We tried different injection sites (stomach, thighs, love handles, and butt), but all had the same results. Injecting 1 ml of straight Hospira bacteriostatic water into two different locations caused no pain or irritation, so we ruled out the water as the issue. All vials were reconstituted with new Hospira bacteriostatic water bought from a medical supply store, and all were stored in the fridge. We even tried running it through a .22-micron filter, but it made zero difference.

When we switched to semaglutide, there was no redness, no itching, and no problem. Those were my wife’s results. Interestingly, I used the exact same vials from all three vendors and experienced no redness, pain, or itching. My wife has used melanotan 1 and BPC-157 with zero reactions, so I don’t think it’s the filler (mannitol) used in the peptide mix. I would assume the issue must be with the tirzepatide chemical itself.
I have seen a few people post about allergic reactions with tirz now and it seems to be something that some people experience. What's crazy to me is that I have only heard about it with tirz and not sema and that seems to line up with your wife's experience. Hopefully Lilly can figure out how to work around that moving forward.

On another note, the manufacture, Pfizer, recommends keeping the BAC water out of the refrigerator as the colder temperature speeds up the deterioration of the alcohol in the solution.

I've posted this before, but this is the perfect thread to record this for future reference.

Just to be clear. THIS IS NOT ABOUT AMOPURE TIRZEPATIDE. This about my experience with Tirzepatide through Valhalla Vitality.

I've been using pharmacy compounded tirz for a few months and I experienced stinging/burning on 3 occasions, where I had to ice the area for about 1/2 an hour after injection.

Here's the interesting part, I share the tirz vial. Other person has never experienced stinging/burning and we take the shot at the same time. Other person takes a higher dose than me. I did not experience the stinging/burning for the first few weeks, but maybe started happening at my 7th and 8th shot (stinging/burning was consecutive for 3 times after), and I haven't experienced sting/burn ever since then.

Also, I took Ozempic prescription shot before starting tirz. I was only on it for 4 weeks. I developed a round welt at injection site using Ozempic pen at my 3rd shot and also had to ice it.

One more thing, I've bruised easily with no sting in the past, but not all the time. Other person has never bruised.

Now I'll share my AmoPure tirzepatide experience. I used L60 purchased early September two days ago - I'm happy to report, absolutely no sting or burn.

In the future, if it does sting or burn, I will not be quick to blame it on AmoPure because of my personal history/experience with regular Tirzepatide/GLP1s. I did filter the AmoPure with the recommended size from PeptideTest, transferred to sterile vial, and used Hospira Bac to reconstitute. I did notice some "gel" sticking to side of vial when adding BAC, but that went away and reconstituted completely clear with no impurities seen to visible to the eye.

Last edited:
I have seen a few people post about allergic reactions with tirz now and it seems to be something that some people experience. What's crazy to me is that I have only heard about it with tirz and not sema and that seems to line up with your wife's experience. Hopefully Lilly can figure out how to work around that moving forward.

On another note, the manufacture, Pfizer, recommends keeping the BAC water out of the refrigerator as the colder temperature speeds up the deterioration of the alcohol in the solution.
Oh, thank you for that information about BAC water storage. I currently have my opened BAC vial in the fridge, I'll take it out tonight. My unopened BAC is stored outside of the fridge.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maplestory
Back