Average GB Markup

YoYoFat

New_Member
Reaction score
Let’s assume hypothetically speaking that I’m becoming more inclined to join a particular GB run by someone I know IRL. How do I evaluate whether they’re being overly greedy?

What’s the average GB markup? What’s reasonable?

I see what the kits cost, and comparing it to what is being asked to participate in the GB seems like highway robbery. I may as well do a kit order and test myself! If I have the time and energy to do that.

I'm curious about why you would go this route instead of purchasing yourself from an established seller that has decent feedback from users? Is there some testing that is being done that will save you $ by participating in this GB? My first buy was using a seller who had been discussed extensively on this forum (good and bad). Price was good and received product within a week. Lots of others had the product tested and purity was high. That was good enough for me, and perhaps not good enough for others. I wondering what is the advantage to you in this GB situation?

If you are buying only one or two kits, the testing @ $300+ significantly increases your cost. When looking at what others purchased and their test results, there is a risk that their vials came from a different batch. I think vendor COA's are pretty much useless. With a group buy, say 50-100 kits, even if only one vial is tested it is likely (but not 100%) that all of the kits are from the same batch and the testing cost is spread across all of the kits.

I highly suggest Amopure, especially if you can wait for the inevitable Black Friday Sale, they beat any group buy price I could find on Tirz. Now if your talking about retatrutide, I believe QSC had a recent retatrutide/tirz group buy that was very very compelling like $1.30/mg of ret. I highly highly doubt any group buy you find irl will be able to beat/match the price and reviews/safety of either company.

Wait Amo has an actual Black Friday sale? I might wait for that
wellll I'm just kinda assuming they do, they would be foolish not to. I mean I got my batch during a crazy Labour Day sale...if they have a Labour Day sale, theres no way they don't have a black friday sale.

I
wellll I'm just kinda assuming they do, they would be foolish not to. I mean I got my batch during a crazy Labour Day sale...if they have a Labour Day sale, theres no way they don't have a black friday sale.
I’m in for a Black Friday sale! Never hurts to stock up more :cool:

Wait Amo has an actual Black Friday sale? I might wait for that
I mean, they had a decent sale on labor day so it seems fair to assume they, like other vendors, will have another sale at some point. They are definitely not the cheapest if that is what matters to you most but I personally feel like for tirz that is starting to split hairs unless you are already on 15mg per dose.

As for group buys, unless you are serious about testing I don't really see the point. Could just be me but I feel like CURRENTLY there are enough vendors who are good enough that there is no reason to consider a GB (besides the aforementioned testing).

I haven't found a compelling reason to participate in a real GB. Too much risk of exit scamming and not enough reward. It's cheap enough to buy direct from most vendors.
Yikes! What is exit scamming? Do they take everybody's money and escape through the exit door? (I kept hearing about some guy Ro*ch when I briefly tried enduring Discord hell.)

I'm curious about why you would go this route instead of purchasing yourself from an established seller that has decent feedback from users? Is there some testing that is being done that will save you $ by participating in this GB? My first buy was using a seller who had been discussed extensively on this forum (good and bad). Price was good and received product within a week. Lots of others had the product tested and purity was high. That was good enough for me, and perhaps not good enough for others. I wondering what is the advantage to you in this GB situation?
Baby steps, I guess?

First step was name brand Zep, which was scary.

Then, compounding, which was scary.

Then, domestic reputable, which was scary.

And now, the idea of buying a kit with unlabeled vials and a COA printed off a craft printer is the most scary. And I’m not sure I am the best to deal with the grouchy vendors and get the test and all of that.

I'm curious about why you would go this route instead of purchasing yourself from an established seller that has decent feedback from users?

My first buy was using a seller who had been discussed extensively on this forum (good and bad). Price was good and received product within a week. Lots of others had the product tested and purity was high.

Also, it seems that as soon as a seller appears to be established with good feedback, there’s some super negative feedback, which makes it hard to trust my own evaluation.

You’re going to have a hard time getting any gb operators to disclose their margin.
Well, I mean, the gal running the one I’m considering is asking for a huge markup. Like if I bought the same kit myself, it would be $310. And she wants $495. She has about 20 of us in the (potential) GB.

And now, the idea of buying a kit with unlabeled vials and a COA printed off a craft printer is the most scary. And I’m not sure I am the best to deal with the grouchy vendors and get the test and all of that.
Man Tracy is starting to feel like the initiation or final boss for new members to order from China :ROFLMAO:

Well, I mean, the gal running the one I’m considering is asking for a huge markup. Like if I bought the same kit myself, it would be $310. And she wants $495. She has about 20 of us in the (potential) GB.
This seems excessive, to me at least. I would rather find a "reputable" vendor that people have tested recently and just do that. My first China order was from amopure which has a LOT of negative feedback here, but I still don't really regret it. It works and it was cheap. Would I order from them again? Maybe, but I have found vendors that are priced similar that don't have a bunch of negative threads about them that work just as well.

I’m so unfamiliar with China that I don’t know “who” Tracy is.
Tracy is the rep for QSC that everyone on here likes to joke about. I don't have experience ordering from them, since I hate crypto, but I do quite enjoy people joking about ordering from them. It feels like an initiation almost when people bring up mean vendors and recommend QSC jokingly :ROFLMAO:

Back