CNBC's "Ozempic underworld: Inside the black market of obesity drugs"

We're not in any disagreement here on sexual assault statistics, but what's the overall number of sexual assaults vs. men in the US? I think you'll find that the vast majority of men are busy being decent members of society. The thing I disagree with is the over generalizations in this thread.
I never made a generalization. That was your interpretation. I never said all men. I only spoke of men who exhibit this type of behavior. If someone was complaining about people exhibiting "Karen" like behavior, I wouldn't jump in the conversation and say "Not everyone named Karen!"

Again, what is a lot, exactly? There's that, you don't agree with me, so you must be projecting.
So much man-hate here, we can just start our own club.. let them have this forum thread.
1728621533108.png

I never made a generalization. That was your interpretation. I never said all men. I only spoke of men who exhibit this type of behavior. If someone was complaining about people exhibiting "Karen" like behavior, I wouldn't jump in the conversation and say "Not everyone named Karen!"

No, you and others definitely generalized numerous times, but whatever. I've had a good and open conversation with you.

I seriously wish that you don't have to deal with these evil people anymore. I really mean this sincerely!

So much man-hate here, we can just start our own club.. let them have this forum thread. View attachment 2667
You're the one who interpreted a conversation about men who specifically harass people as "all men." Can you point out to me where exactly anyone said that we hate men and think it's all men? I absolutely adore all the men in my life, but that's because they don't harass me and aren't assholes and they believe me when I say that I feel unsafe around someone.

No, you and others definitely generalized numerous times, but whatever. I've had a good and open conversation with you.

I seriously wish that you don't have to deal with these evil people anymore. I really mean this sincerely!
Can you point out exactly where I said it was all men?

Less than all, more than “a very few.” If you really can’t see that, I don’t really see the point in engaging further. Good luck on your journey.

You as well 👍. I'll thank you for the engaging conversation. It's a change from the usual... How much BAC water should I use.

Can you point out exactly where I said it was all men?

I've pointed out what brought me into the conversation. You didn't bother to defend men when we were being disparaged. Why didn't you step in?

All this is really tongue in cheek. Like I said, I've enjoyed the conversation. I hope you have a great evening.

I'm stepping out of this conversation. I've said all I needed to say. Calling out bad behavior is apparently seen as man-hating. Being told that you missed the entire point of a comment is not an attack. Turning someones statements about being harassed around as a way to feel victimized simply because you share the same anatomy as the perpetrators is weird, but ok. Saying "not all, but enough to be a problem" is not disparaging to an entire gender.

Last edited:
I'm stepping out of this conversation. I've said all I needed to say. Calling out bad behavior is apparently seen as man-hating. Turning someones statements about being harassed around as a way to feel victimized simply because you share the same anatomy as the perpetrators is weird, but ok. Saying "not all, but enough to be a problem" is not disparaging to an entire gender.

I'm out as well. I don't think anyone here hates men. My issue is the over generalizations, perhaps not from you, but it's there. I can also understand your perspective and points at the same time as disagreeing with some of them.

Be safe and have a great night👍.

Yep, I was attacked because I made what I thought was an innocent humorous parallel observation that fat men also get less interest from the other sex than skinny men. Then I was slandered for my political affiliation by another user. I didn't realize this was a super serious sexual assault survivors forum, I thought it was a light hearted GLP-1 forum.

FWIW, I think it was illuminating and vulnerable for that women to share her feeling and experiences.

But it was wrong for her to attack the man who joked it might make it easier for him to get laid.

You both have different experiences and different traumas you are dealing with and (hopefully) recovering from.

Stop with the judgement and the bickering.

As for the few men that got triggered and tried to minimize the whole situation and make it somehow about them? Get help.

Yep, I was attacked because I made what I thought was an innocent humorous parallel observation that fat men also get less interest from the other sex than skinny men. Then I was slandered for my political affiliation by another user. I didn't realize this was a super serious sexual assault survivors forum, I thought it was a light hearted GLP-1 forum.
Life is just so unfair for you. Can't even go into a thread and derail a conversation from a woman about scary unwanted attention from men without some asshole pointing out that I have a convicted rapist as my profile avatar.

When are the middle aged white dudes ever gonna catch a break in this country?

FWIW, I think it was illuminating and vulnerable for that women to share her feeling and experiences.

But it was wrong for her to attack the man who joked it might make it easier for him to get laid.

You both have different experiences and different traumas you are dealing with and (hopefully) recovering from.

As for the few men that got triggered and tried to minimize the whole situation and make it somehow about them? Get help.
There are better forums for women with psychological trauma from interactions from men than the GLP-1 forum to vent in. Just saying..

I did not attack him for the joke. I pointed out how he missed the point. My attacks did not start until after THIS snarky comment :

"Sorry, you are basically saying the downside of losing weight is becoming more attractive to the opposite sex, and thus your life becomes more dangerous because you are now considered attractive to the opposite sex and all the creeps and rapists are now out to get you?"

Could I have handled it with more grace? Sure. I'll admit that. But my ire didn't start until after the joke became about being scared of creeps and rapists. Now I'm actually laying it to rest.and I'll be ignoring him so I will no longer see his comments.

Last edited:
I did not attack him for the joke. I pointed out how he missed the point. My attacks did not start until after THIS snarky comment :

"Sorry, you are basically saying the downside of losing weight is becoming more attractive to the opposite sex, and thus your life becomes more dangerous because you are now considered attractive to the opposite sex and all the creeps and rapists are now out to get you?"
Wasn't that exactly your point?

Put it this way: you every day you have to walk into a pool filled with great white sharks, some of them are cool sharks and some are biteynsharks but they all look like sharks. You can’t afford to be so naive to think, “they’re all cool sharks!” Especially if the slightest move could really endanger you. They dont get the benefit of the doubt. They earn trust by exhibiting cool shark behavior. So it’s “not all men” but sure as fuck is until proven otherwise and it’s safer to err on the side of caution when they’re an unknown entity with the physical prowess they have over women. Men do NOT have this global fear of women, men know women are easily overpowered physically, they can be outrun easily, women aren’t full of risky angry testosterone and emboldened by a society that encourages misogyny. Men are statistically more inclined to violence and sexual assault, and their physical or sexual violence ends in much more harmful and even lethal injuries. But for some reason these guys right here, the ones saying “not all men!” cannot understand and accept the basic sense of self preservation all women operate at when out in the world. And yep, women who are slim are often the first pick of targets, easily overpowered physically and considered attractive and higher value for vile men to target. I’ve never been afraid of a woman near me, nor have I had a woman do anything more than like, a crazy homeless lady yelling from her tent to spook me, so let’s drop this “evil people” bullfrapp. Men, whether they’re slim or fat, aren’t scared of unknown-to- them women going about their day, when they’re pumping gas at night or stopping at a rest stop to pee alone. Men are even scared of men!

Trending content

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sky74
Back