Do y’all test every time you order? re: Amopure stinging

I seriously doubt the sterility testing being done right now will show anything either.
sterility testing is done on agar on min. 2 different mediums, and as someone who did grow 'shrooms I know that any contamination will be 100% visible on agar after 1 week+

but we know it is not sterility issue for sure, because if it is, there will be no stinging during the injection, but there will be injection site reaction later - swelling, redness and itchiness

I'll bet there's a residual from manufacture that is causing it.
agree + the most possibly the filler issue

+ ph I saw somewhere someone did already and it was OK

just lets hope the issue is resolved already, I would like to read some reviews about the new batch or the replacement batch

sterility testing is done on agar on min. 2 different mediums, and as someone who did grow 'shrooms I know that any contamination will be 100% visible on agar after 1 week+

but we know it is not sterility issue for sure, because if it is, there will be no stinging during the injection, but there will be injection site reaction later - swelling, redness and itchiness

agree + the most possibly the filler issue

+ ph I saw somewhere someone did already and it was OK

just lets hope the issue is resolved already, I would like to read some reviews about the new batch or the replacement batch
I have a Labor Day sale batch of T30 sitting in my freezer right now. I don't need it at the moment so I'm playing a wait and see game for this group test that's happening and if there are any more reports of stinging. Like you said, nobody has complained about an injection site infection, which really should put the sterility concerns to rest

the stinging is an ongoing issue for which we still don't have an answer, but their test results starting to come back, with first published today for Tirz30 tested as 31mg and 99.6% pure
the stinging must be something related to their filler
Hi, I'm new and have been asking around specifically about GCMS testing for residual solvents vs HPLC testing for purity, and so far I can't find any examples of test results for residual solvents.

The solvents used in solid-phase peptide synthesis are often really, really, really toxic, even in small amounts, and this would be my biggest concern. Do you know if these groups are testing for harmful contaminants or just testing for the amount of tirz in a vial?

I’ve seen reports of stinging from June, July and August orders and from before and after they started vacuum sealing.

I would feel a lot better if we can figure out the source (likely ph or filament… but could be something more serious like sterility)
if it was a microbial contaminant you'd likely already have seen the ill effects (infections aren't subtle). I'd be much more concerned about toxic residual solvents from the manufacturing process that weren't effectively filtered out

I don’t think they have fixed it since people are still experiencing the stinging/burning after they initially stated they fixed it (it’s why they went to vacuum sealed vials).

Has anyone tried to push the issue with them at all to see if they have an answer as to the why?

There is a big test of T30/T60 that includes sterility testing so hopefully it rules it out..

Next is to figure out the ph of the stinging vials (only seen ph for one non stinging vial that was slightly acidic). And even then if the ph is too high or too low is this actually going to hurt the RS or is it just a minor discomfort when injecting?

There are test to check the fillament used too that might be helpful to do….
Do you know if these tests include GCMS testing for residual solvents? I've just confirmed the Jano offers this testing, but I can't find any examples of test results

Do you know if these tests include GCMS testing for residual solvents? I've just confirmed the Jano offers this testing, but I can't find any examples of test results
Only tests I've seen have been for peptide purity/quantity and a few for sterility. Nobody has looked for other things that I know of.

Hi, I'm new and have been asking around specifically about GCMS testing for residual solvents vs HPLC testing for purity, and so far I can't find any examples of test results for residual solvents.

The solvents used in solid-phase peptide synthesis are often really, really, really toxic, even in small amounts, and this would be my biggest concern. Do you know if these groups are testing for harmful contaminants or just testing for the amount of tirz in a vial?
There have been numerous tests done, including for TFA which is the "evil solvent" everybody panics about, along with heavy metals, endotoxins, and countless other concerns and the end result is always the same: nothing to worry about.

Remember that the 2-3 companies synthesizing the raw peptides in China are part of larger legit pharmaceutical manufacturers that have to meet many standards including the purification process post-synthesis. The likelihood of the kind of "problems" people get all up in arms about after reading some random article online or anything any one of the fear-mongering loners posting from their mom's basement "warn" people about is nearly nil. Every few weeks or so someone catches a glimpse of once of these articles/posts and starts asking questions about all the terrible things that might be in their illicit gray-market Chinese drugs. Pro tip: worry more about proper pH, net peptide content, purity, sterility (to a point) and the reputation of the source.

Anyone that is concerned about testing for anything dangerous is certainly free to commission all the tests they would like to assuage their fears, or they may want to consider if sticking to the name-brand pens might be a better option.

From what I've seen, Jano usually will try to talk customers out of this easy (for him) money because his many years of experience in this field have demonstrated that these concerns are unwarranted and he hates so see people waste money and focus on more useful tests. It's kind of like asking to test the air inside your car for cyanide because it's used in the processes to make many plastics etc.

How much hay needs to be made of this? You start googling around and find stories of Ozempic, Wegovy, Zepbound and such stinging on injection as well. You gonna get a refund from them too?

I can testify to this. Brand Oz pen had stinging & bruising occasionally over 9mo using. So did c. Pharmacy version sema. And C. Pharmacy tirz.
Some more than others, but also not thru the entire vial. 🤷‍♀️ never thought much of it until reading this thread honestly, to know it shouldn't sting at all.

Remember that the 2-3 companies synthesizing the raw peptides in China are part of larger legit pharmaceutical manufacturers that have to meet many standards including the purification process post-synthesis.
Has this ever been verified? It can be really hard sometimes to sort through educated best guesses based on logic and the very limited info available and actual verified facts in the grey market peptide world. This statement about the source of grey market raws is one thing I've seen come up multiple times, and seems like a very reasonable possibility, but like so many thing in the grey market peptide world, it would likely be impossible to verify, so i had always thought this fell into the first category. But if you have something that does verify this, it would be great to share.

For what it's worth, I do see value in making and sharing these types of educated guesses and have done both myself on this and other forums, but usually try to explain when I'm speculating or when something is verifiable.

Only amount and purity are tested, there are many posted examples of COAs in this forum
as for residual etc. you can ask specific vendor if they have test for the raw, but so far we are all alive! ;) if you want a custom testing for specific residuals etc. you better ask some lab directly as they can also provide you with a price list
anyway I don't think there is any difference between CN vendors, domestics or compounding pharmacies - its all coming from the same raws I guess, as there are not many actual peptide manufacturers

Last edited:
Has this ever been verified? It can be really hard sometimes to sort through educated best guesses based on logic and the very limited info available and actual verified facts in the grey market peptide world. This
the peptide manufacture process is nothing like cooking meth in your basement, so yeah, logically there are not many actual raws manufacturers

Back