For those of you who were referred here via a redditor....

I didn't get here directly from amynurse's generosity, but do want to send out some love and appreciation. I like the vibe here--happy to see that lack of self initiative is not really tolerated. That's half my day at work--did you even try to google it before wasting my time with that question? My RS is eager to switch to a new study protocol, plenty of conceptualization left to do yet. But yeah, thanks for the empathy for compounders left out to bloat!

I didn't get here directly from amynurse's generosity, but do want to send out some love and appreciation. I like the vibe here--happy to see that lack of self initiative is not really tolerated. That's half my day at work--did you even try to google it before wasting my time with that question? My RS is eager to switch to a new study protocol, plenty of conceptualization left to do yet. But yeah, thanks for the empathy for compounders left out to bloat!
I think that is also why I get frustrated lol. Worked at a high volume IT help desk for end users for a number of years and the calls I'd get for the most basic stuff🤦‍♀️ So many of those calls were me just reading off the instructions to them that they already had access to.

I think that is also why I get frustrated lol. Worked at a high volume IT help desk for end users for a number of years and the calls I'd get for the most basic stuff🤦‍♀️ So many of those calls were me just reading off the instructions to them that they already had access to.
The amount of times my company's IT has been rendered speechless by 'I've already restarted the program, and when that didn't work I restarted the computer....'

And then tell me to do it again because they don't believe me.

The amount of times my company's IT has been rendered speechless by 'I've already restarted the program, and when that didn't work I restarted the computer....'

I can go on about that too. Not all help desks are useful, the internal IT at my company was and still is absolutely useless 😂 I would send them step by step instructions on what exactly I needed that I couldn't do myself because I dont have admin credentials and they still fudged it up.

But you would be surprised at the sheer number of people who think putting their laptop to sleep is the same as a restart, or they don't know how to properly close a program. I never bothered asking if they restarted, I'd just check their uptime (I'd remote on immediately after answering the call) and I can tell you that at least 60% of the time when someone told me they restarted their uptime was actually like 20 days... So the people like that are the reason IT doesn't believe you lol.

Edit to add: There's also a HIGH turnover when it comes to end user support compared to other aspects of the IT field. A lot of the time they have no idea what they're doing and don't last, which sucks for the end users.

Last edited:

This, definitely this too. And then have to escalate after 20 mins of the things I've already tried. 🥴🥴

Im 100% always going to try to fix something before asking anyone for help, especially before calling IT!
I'm more of a lurker in other forums. Far from any kind of SME, but quickly get nearly infuriated... "what do the lines on the plastic thing attached to the needle mean?" "I injected an hour late, am I gonna die?" Yes. Yes you are bc u definitely should not be in this field!

Im 100% always going to try to fix something before asking anyone for help, especially before calling IT!
I'm more of a lurker in other forums. Far from any kind of SME, but quickly get nearly infuriated... "what do the lines on the plastic thing attached to the needle mean?" "I injected an hour late, am I gonna die?" Yes. Yes you are bc u definitely should not be in this field!
I worked at Home Depot in the garden dept back in the day and 80% of the time a customer asked me a question about a weed killer or insect spray, they just wanted me to read the label for them 😂

Customer: Picks up a bottle of clearly labeled poison ivy killer... "Can I use this for poison ivy?!"

I worked at Home Depot in the garden dept back in the day and 80% of the time a customer asked me a question about a weed killer or insect spray, they just wanted me to read the label for them 😂

Customer: Picks up a bottle of clearly labeled poison ivy killer... "Can I use this for poison ivy?!"
Working in a pharmacy as a teenager way back in the day was great too. "How many of these can I take?"

I was a minimum wage cashier, the pharmacist was right there, should you take acetaminophen OTC at all if you can't even figure out who to ask?

Last edited:
Thanks. That’s who I was considering. I have an HMO, so I’d have to be cash pay for the visit, but the bloodwork and meds would be covered by insurance. I figured I’d use MIDI for as long as necessary and then persuade by PCP to pick up the care.
It's a good company, especially if your insurance will pick up some of the extras.

You didn't find /u/pontarae/ on Reddit I take it? His account eventually got rugged on Reddit, but while he was on there he shared his sheets for source info.

Pontarae is also @dionysos on here who maintains a Google sheet on sources. Visit his profile here and you'll find some interesting source information sheets for both state-side suppliers and .cn suppliers.

Just wanted to let y'all know that I caught a reddit ban for sharing this forum link in PMs last night. So, I am unable to respond to messages over there. I feel so bad that people are thinking I'm ignoring them.
No good deed goes unpunished, amiright?
Anyway, enjoy this wonderful forum...I'm so glad this place exists for us 💖
i’m so sorry you got banned. but i’m definitely so grateful you did it. it’s very much appreciated!! with myself AND two young adult daughters on the meds it will be impossible to purchase after the first of the year. our insurance company has decided the purchase price will no longer be applied to our deductible (which is already a ridiculously large amount). so thank you!!

Back