Glow Protocol enhancing weight loss?

I’ve gained 3pbs since introducing GLOW but I did go back to a lower dose of tirz while waiting for stock. Definitely sounds like the whoosh effect though.

I’ve gained 3pbs since introducing GLOW but I did go back to a lower dose of tirz while waiting for stock. Definitely sounds like the whoosh effect though.
I am not one to look a gift woosh in the mouth!

Hello fellow glow user ...no it wouldn't help weight-loss from anything I have ever read or heard. But yes on the inflammation aspect.
I would put $$ on the whoosh though 😊
Please make sure you are eating zinc filled foods.
I bragged I hadn't lost any hair during my weight-loss. Then had so much on my hands in the shower...realized I had not been eating my zinc filled foods..🤦‍♀️

Hello fellow glow user ...no it wouldn't help weight-loss from anything I have ever read or heard. But yes on the inflammation aspect.
I would put $$ on the whoosh though 😊
Please make sure you are eating zinc filled foods.
I bragged I hadn't lost any hair during my weight-loss. Then had so much on my hands in the shower...realized I had not been eating my zinc filled foods..🤦‍♀️
Gwen - you lost hair while doing the Glow protocol??

Thank you for the reminder. Between food and my multivitamin I'm probably hitting that 6 mg MOST days but not all, and I'm already having some hair loss so don't want it to get worse!
I eat foods with alot of zinc..there's tons of debate on whether zinc supplements help or not...but I'd rather be safe...so I hit it on both fronts...my diet and I take a 22mg supplement everyday now.

I eat foods with alot of zinc..there's tons of debate on whether zinc supplements help or not...but I'd rather be safe...so I hit it on both fronts...my diet and I take a 22mg supplement everyday now.
Been losing hair since starting T in late March, waaayyy before I started glow with GHK-Cu. And taking zinc 50 mg daily. Trying to figure this out and stop the hair loss before it becomes noticeable.

that's good information. I can scratch that shit off my list. I'm a hippie who can't live without his long hair. would HGH also cause hair loss i wonder?
I can’t address HGH but I’ve often read posts that it is not the GLP1 causing the hair loss it’s the rapid weight loss. Which I believe you are trying to achieve. Hope you don’t experience it.

oh, sorry i was thinking Testosterone. i'm not worried about any of the peptides at all. doing rapid weight loss now and i have no problem with hair loss.
I can’t address HGH but I’ve often read posts that it is not the GLP1 causing the hair loss it’s the rapid weight loss. Which I believe you are trying to achieve. Hope you don’t experience it.

Oh yea...you have to make sure you are consuming zinc. The copper wipes out your zinc..and when you are zinc deficient you lose hair...stupid me knew this ..
Oh wow! It's all such a delicate balance because I thought the glow helped with health growth and who knows if it does or might, if hair is lost because of a lack of zinc!

Exactly! Lol
I've lost a bunch of weight. I'm sure that contributed too. But I didn't see any hairloss before this

that's good information. I can scratch that shit off my list. I'm a hippie who can't live without his long hair. would HGH also cause hair loss i wonder?
I'm in my mid-50s and glad to say that I still have very good hair, and still naturally black in color. Many men my age don't have this, and so I am appreciative of what I have, and want to preserve it.
It has something to do with the T, though.
Seeing my weight loss results, my wife wanted to get on T to lose a measly 8 lb. She has been on the lowest dose of 2.5 mg and has noticed hair loss. She lost 8-10 lb, so not a big drastic weight loss, but she has hair loss in the sink when washing her hair.
The T is doing something here, and not sure of the mechanism.

I'm in my mid-50s and glad to say that I still have very good hair, and still naturally black in color. Many men my age don't have this, and so I am appreciative of what I have, and want to preserve it.
Seeing my weight loss results, my wife wanted to get on T to lose a measly 8 lb. She has been on the lowest dose of 2.5 mg and has noticed hair loss. She lost 8-10 lb, so not a big drastic weight loss, but she has hair loss in the sink when washing her hair.
Very interesting. Anecdotal reports are just that. I did more searching and found many references to rapid weight loss can be a cause, but they seemed to emphasize the importance of protein and the other macros to help prevent it. We definitely know GKU-Cu requires zinc supplementation.

Any one else remember the days when you actually BELIEVED what you heard on the news or read as factual? Now every source has to be investigated for bias and who sponsors them. We rabbit hole lovers are well aware!

As with everything else on this journey, Your Mileage May Will Vary.

It's probably a culmination of things with your wife. Not the med per say...shocking the system with change...not only weight loss. First thing the body does in any type of * alerted state* is drop what isn't necessary..( if only that was weight.lol). So your wife changed the routine..body said oh shit..and let go of hair..
Second collagen protein...normally our loss of appetite means we aren't supplying the amount of food...so push protein..and it not only saves the muscles but the body doesn't think it's starving. Lol

Very interesting. Anecdotal reports are just that. I did more searching and found many references to rapid weight loss can be a cause, but they seemed to emphasize the importance of protein and the other macros to help prevent it. We definitely know GKU-Cu requires zinc supplementation.

Any one else remember the days when you actually BELIEVED what you heard on the news or read as factual? Now every source has to be investigated for bias and who sponsors them. We rabbit hole lovers are well aware!

As with everything else on this journey, Your Mileage May Will Vary.
So much researching! I keep reading about people here and elsewhere adding in 50mg of zinc daily while doing this protocol - but from what I've read that is too much zinc. The overall max is no more than 40mg of zinc a day, and that women need only between 8-15 mg a day. What I've read in the research is either an 8 to 1 ratio or a 4 to 1 ratio of zinc to copper - ghk-cu. For the 8 to 1 ratio 8mg of zinc to 1mg of copper, 12mg zinc to 1.5mg copper, 15mg for 1.75mg copper. Zinc should be taken 2 hours before the injecting the Glow Protocol, and anecdotal research seems to indicate that the Glow Protocol can cause insomnia, so best to do in the AM. Also that zinc and iron supplements should not be taken together. I really don't know if I get enough zinc daily from my food - not a meat eater, etc. Also have severe hypothyroidism and I wonder why my DR has never had me add zinc because those without a well-functioning thyroid don't absorb much zinc anyway. I want to get this right and not overdose on zinc!

So much researching! I keep reading about people here and elsewhere adding in 50mg of zinc daily while doing this protocol - but from what I've read that is too much zinc. The overall max is no more than 40mg of zinc a day, and that women need only between 8-15 mg a day. What I've read in the research is either an 8 to 1 ratio or a 4 to 1 ratio of zinc to copper - ghk-cu. For the 8 to 1 ratio 8mg of zinc to 1mg of copper, 12mg zinc to 1.5mg copper, 15mg for 1.75mg copper. Zinc should be taken 2 hours before the injecting the Glow Protocol, and anecdotal research seems to indicate that the Glow Protocol can cause insomnia, so best to do in the AM. Also that zinc and iron supplements should not be taken together. I really don't know if I get enough zinc daily from my food - not a meat eater, etc. Also have severe hypothyroidism and I wonder why my DR has never had me add zinc because those without a well-functioning thyroid don't absorb much zinc anyway. I want to get this right and not overdose on zinc!
Wow...with the thyroid issue that is a bit weird. Definitely something to ask. I didn't do the math like you...just kinda said " well I do eat meat...sooo let's grab a smaller amount " lol
See the way I live my life? Lmaooo

Wow...with the thyroid issue that is a bit weird. Definitely something to ask. I didn't do the math like you...just kinda said " well I do eat meat...sooo let's grab a smaller amount " lol
See the way I live my life? Lmaooo
I do see the way you live your life! I'm like that more often than not, but not with these meds - what I do find absolutely astonishing is that my doctor, with whom I've worked on my thyroid and related metabolic issues - never discussed with me (and I wasn't researching like crazy back then and didn't even think to ask) what other vitamins, minerals, etc. I don't absorb with severe hypothyroidism!

I agree with this and thank you for posting the ratios! This is a great example of how even the most "well-known / well-respected" peptide forums (not talking about this one!!!) are rife with misinformation and even downright dangerous info, and everyone needs to do their own research (literally).

GHK-CU is ~15% copper, so 1mg has only ~150mcg of copper. That's not a huge amount of supplemental copper (not to mention many likely aren't even meeting their copper needs through nutrition if combining this with a GLP-1 and eating far less). I'm not saying this means no one needs a zinc supplement, probably some do require it to keep the right balance, but this can only be determined through individual blood work. Rant over!

ETA: (rant was not quite over) - I happen to have a zinc supplement in my cabinet, and it says on the label to supplement your zinc with 2 mg of copper if taking 50mg zinc for more than 2 weeks!

I agree with this and thank you for posting the ratios! This is a great example of how even the most "well-known / well-respected" peptide forums (not talking about this one!!!) are rife with misinformation and even downright dangerous info, and everyone needs to do their own research (literally).

GHK-CU is ~15% copper, so 1mg has only ~150mcg of copper. That's not a huge amount of supplemental copper (not to mention many likely aren't even meeting their copper needs through nutrition if combining this with a GLP-1 and eating far less). I'm not saying this means no one needs a zinc supplement, probably some do require it to keep the right balance, but this can only be determined through individual blood work. Rant over!

ETA: (rant was not quite over) - I happen to have a zinc supplement in my cabinet, and it says on the label to supplement your zinc with 2 mg of copper if taking 50mg zinc for more than 2 weeks!
That's wild about what the zinc supplement says about taking copper! For me, when it comes to supplements, I don't think more is better. I don't take a multivitamin, only reacted iron with dinner and 50000iu of vitamin D once a week, for three weeks each month, because I don't absorb enough iron or vit d from food because of my thyroid. Planning for the Glow protocol, I've done so much research, and bought a 10mg zinc supplement (not a zinc lozenge) because that's more than enough it seems. And this afternoon, I went through my fridge to see if I could find how much zinc there is in what I eat regularly - no zinc in my Oikos Pro yogurt; no zinc in my cottage cheese, no zinc in the collagen peptides I use, but there is zinc in the eggs I eat (1 hard-boiled egg has 0.53mg of zinc which is 4.8% of the RDA for men and 6.6% RDA for women), and there's a little zinc in the fruits I eat almost every day - strawberries, cherries, raspberries, and some zinc in the flaxseed meal I have almost every day, 2.8mg in one 11 oz premiere protein shake bottle, and 4 mg in one 11.5oz Fairlife protein shake. So really that's probably enough zinc without adding a supplement even taking the ghk-cu. The more you know...

Nice discussion going on in here. Late to this thread today, but would add that my own digging around about the bioavailability of zinc supplements brought me to a few published studies that showed the bioavailability is about 60%. That would make one reason that if you were taking in 50 mg, you are absorbing 30 mg (not counting dietary sources).
That is what I take. Too much? I don't know. But I do take 2 mg GHK-Cu daily.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zling
Back