Peptide Testing With A Local University

If you are doing subQ injections, then what is the risk if not sterile? Rash, irritation, loss of efficacy?

I'd guess a local infection. Risks would be higher with immunocompromised individuals.

Anyone here work with their local university for their testing needs? I am not sure how much it will cost but they appear to have a very reasonable hourly rate and from what I understand pharmaceuticals like acetaminophen and ibuprofen take about 15 minutes to analyze. If I can make it work it seems like it would be a very good option based on price and proximity.

Can they test for TFA? Endotoxin tests are also interesting. But I think HPLC can detect TFA.

I'm not clear on the risks posed by the presence of TFA other than the USP allowable amount of 0.05%.

I'm guessing most of the stuff is higher than that. Again, unclear on the risks at the dosages we're taking or anything else.

Most vendors have at least 1 sterility fail by now from actual labs, so I doubt a diy sterility fail could really change anything there. I doubt people would take diy test failing that seriously.

I really don't want to hijack this thread, but for the sake of clarification, i know there is alot of contraversy about a vendor i will not name and their sterility fail right now. The contraversy has more to do with evidence of them trying to tamper and interfere with the test, rather than the test itself. I don't see a DIY sterility fail causing anything like that.

Apologies if that is not what you were thinking with this comment, but in case it was I wanted to clarify. I'll leave it there.
Endotoxin contamination would be a risk there is an acceptable limit for sq dosing ….. sq is low risk. I have seen some really bad infections from sq insulin and IV drug use .. mostly severe diabetics reusing needles and iIV drug addicts shooting up dirty water and many years ago bath salts …..

I'd guess a local infection. Risks would be higher with immunocompromised individuals.

Can they test for TFA? Endotoxin tests are also interesting. But I think HPLC can detect TFA.

I'm not clear on the risks posed by the presence of TFA other than the USP allowable amount of 0.05%.

I'm guessing most of the stuff is higher than that. Again, unclear on the risks at the dosages we're taking or anything else.

I am not sure but the university offers a range of services. They might be able to identify TFA. I do know that vanguard offers microbiological screenings that include endotoxins, so you might want to contact them if that's a concern.

Wondering if I should just buy my own HPLC at this point 🤔

Really good call out. Didn't want to give the impression that I was going to run out and buy some petri dishes on Amazon then start experimenting.

There is a scientist on YouTube who does experiments to test the efficacy of cleaning products in her home and she's talked about her setup and procedures before. I was going to borrow her tools and methodology and see if I can get simple things right before I jumped straight to peptides.
I guess that did seem kinda like a call out on my part, I know you didn't seem to take offense but it seems my comment may have been sort of abrasive. Apologies if so! I'm not always good at watching my tone with text. ♥

Back