QSC Retatrutide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of interesting things to unpack here, MrsRoper:
potential heart problems, inflammation reduction by Tirz, stacking of Sema/Tirz, stacking Reta/Tirz

First regarding potential heart problems:
NEJM June 23, 2023. Phase 2-Trial: Retatrutide fror Obesity

" The heart rate increased with retatrutide treatment in a dose-dependent manner...
the increases were similar to those reported for GLP-1 receptor agonists.33 "

"Reported cardiac arrhythmias were mild to moderate in severity with the exception of one
severe adverse event (prolonged QT syndrome) in a participant treated with ondansetron "

Ondansetron (Zofran) is known to cause prolonged QT syndrome on its own.
It seems to me the study does not suggest Retatrutide causes QT prolongation or increases its liklihood.
Further, this study points out that the temporary heart rate increases noted were similar to those found
in Semaglutide and Tirzepatide studies.

It seems to me that Retatrutide has a risk profile that is no better, and no worse than Semaglutide or Tirzepatide.
As someone with atrial fibrillation that was successfully treated with ablation surgery, drug therapy and a pacemaker
I would use this drug. I do, in fact PLAN TO USE Retatrutide.

PART TWO To Follow Later...
Update: I have decided to NOT stack tirz and Reta any longer on my RS. Just going to titrate up on Reta and continue with the Tesofensine. Actually curious to see how RS does with the Reta without the Tirz.

Update: I have decided to NOT stack tirz and Reta any longer on my RS. Just going to titrate up on Reta and continue with the Tesofensine. Actually curious to see how RS does with the Reta without the Tirz.

Thanks for the interesting and relevant update. A recent convert to Tirzepatide for my RA, I’ve acquired Retatrutide but not yet used it. My original concept was that Reta was the logical next step when Tirz ceased to provide appetite relief/weight loss; this seemed likely as it had occurred with Sema at about the one year mark.

Optionally I thought, stacking Reta with Tirz could extend my Tirz reserves and provide continued weight loss while avoiding the higher dosages/potential side effects of either one.

Where I am now: at 10mg Tirz weekly I don’t yet have appetite suppression equalling 2.5mg of Sema. I am too likely to eat the wrong things, and my weight loss is erratic as a result.

Twelve mg doses of Tirz appear to be inevitable and necessary soon for continued success. Stacking Reta on Tirz would not seem to be a solution as I originally thought. The self-reporting I’ve seen suggests that Reta is no better than Tirz in re appetite suppression, and neither is as strong as Sema in that regard.

So my current thinking is Tirz OR Reta NO stacking as they have the same ‘weakness’.

Alternatively, stack a low dosage of Sema with Tirz. This could bolster its suppression and better support my slow but RELIABLE weight loss now that my Research Alligator 🐊 has had a two-month break from Sema 🤷🏻‍♂️

The results you achieve, whatever they may be, are interesting and highly relevant. Please continue to include me in your updates.
Dennis dionysos

Last edited:
Thanks for the interesting and relevant update. A recent convert to Tirzepatide for my RA, I’ve acquired Retatrutide but not yet used it. My original concept was that Reta was the logical next step when Tirz ceased to provide appetite relief/weight loss; this seemed likely as it had occurred with Sema at about the one year mark.

Optionally I thought, stacking Reta with Tirz could extend my Tirz reserves and provide continued weight loss while avoiding the higher dosages/potential side effects of either one.

Where I am now: at 10mg Tirz weekly I don’t yet have appetite suppression equalling 2.5mg of Sema. I am too likely to eat the wrong things, and my weight loss is erratic as a result.

Twelve mg doses of Tirz appear to be inevitable and necessary soon for continued success. Stacking Reta on Tirz would not seem to be a solution as I originally thought. The self-reporting I’ve seen suggests that Reta is no better than Tirz in re appetite suppression, and neither is as strong as Sema in that regard.

So my current thinking is Tirz OR Reta NO stacking as they have the same ‘weakness’.

Alternatively, stack a low dosage of Sema with Tirz. This could bolster its suppression and better support my slow but RELIABLE weight loss now that my Research Alligator has had a two-month break from Sema 🤷🏻‍♂️

The results you achieve, whatever they may be, are interesting and highly relevant. Please continue to include me in your updates.
Dennis dionysos
Good morning,

I understand the frustration of not having appetite suppression. I think you are right on the inevitable of increasing the Tirz for your research. You’ve still got 5mg of room from the current dose of 10mg. Perhaps titrate more before considering the Sema stack?? This will give you some more time before resuming the Sema (perhaps another month or so).

Sounds like you are definitely looking at it from all angles. Just my thoughts. 😃

Thanks MrsRoper for putting a second set of eyes on my research challenges.

I and my Alligator very much appreciate your comments 🐊

Understanding and Managing Sleepiness with Retatrutide​

Why Retatrutide Might Cause Sleepiness:
  1. Central Nervous System Effects:Retatrutide, as a GLP-1 receptor agonist, acts on the central nervous system. This can influence neurotransmitter balance, potentially leading to feelings of drowsiness.
  2. Blood Sugar Levels:This medication helps lower blood sugar by increasing insulin secretion and decreasing glucagon secretion. Sometimes, these changes can lead to lower blood sugar levels, which might cause fatigue and sleepiness.
  3. Delayed Gastric Emptying:By delaying gastric emptying, Retatrutide can help with weight loss, but it might also cause gastrointestinal discomfort and fatigue.
  4. Weight Loss and Energy Balance:Rapid weight loss can cause your body to adjust its energy balance and metabolism, leading to feelings of tiredness as your body adapts.
  5. Specific Drug Effects:As a novel agent targeting multiple receptors (GLP-1, GIP, and glucagon), Retatrutide's multifaceted actions may contribute to sleepiness.
  6. Cumulative Side Effects:Other side effects such as nausea, vomiting, and headaches may indirectly contribute to feelings of drowsiness.
Tips to Manage Sleepiness:
  1. Moderate Exercise:Engage in moderate physical activity daily, such as walking or light exercises, to boost your energy levels.
  2. Stay Hydrated:Drink plenty of water throughout the day to prevent dehydration, which can contribute to fatigue.

I like it. I’ve been on it about 6 weeks but take a micro dose of 0.125 mcg. I take it early, like 5-7 am, to avoid sleeping issues.
Thank you so much. I'm think I'm going to try it. If you don't mind possibly messaging me as to where you ordered it for your research study?

Whether it's drowsiness or insomnia, I hope you can consider it carefully and be prepared to deal with it and mentally prepare yourself before you try it.
Whether it's drowsiness or insomnia, I hope you can consider it carefully and be prepared to deal with it and mentally prepare yourself before you try
Thank you. I've noticed less fatigue recently with my research study and it's only for the first day afterwards that the fatigue is noted. So one day is not bad at all.

I like it. I’ve been on it about 6 weeks but take a micro dose of 0.125 mcg. I take it early, like 5-7 am, to avoid sleeping issuesI
I've been taking it every day now and I really like it too. Helps with energy so it balances out the tiredness from reta nicely. It was always a problem I was frustrated with and even though reta was a lot better than the complete and total narcolepsy I had on tirz I still had issues with feeling tired. Especially the day after the Reta shot.

You likely won't feel additional food noise suppression with Reta, at least not until you hit much higher doses, because it doesn't hit that receptor as hard. It seems to go Sema > Tirz > Reta for appetite suppression, tho it will still slow gastric emptying about the same as Tirz. I'm hungrier on Reta and at first I was suspicious about that, but... I'm still losing weight.

Reta works primarily by increasing metabolic rate / energy expenditure, the GLP1/GIP agonism is much lighter. So I think a large part of the folks who are dissatisfied are coming from a GLP1 inhibitor to low doses of Reta and expecting to revive the feeling they got the first month on Tirz. That just isn't what I'm experiencing at all, and that's just fine. The scale is my guide and the scale is happy.
I am losing weight on Reta too. My issue is locating my dosage cheat sheet for next week!!!! Blimey!

What is the next dosage on Reta? I can’t find dosage calendar anywhere. Yikes.

I’m curious, has anyone on here tried it yet or know people who have? I’d like to but am kinda nervous being one of the first.
I switched from Sema to Reta and absolutely love it minimum side effects and broke a stall and consistently losing weekly

*This is not medical advice. Just sharing a few bits of info that I had found. Do with it what you will.
The studies I have read concerning Reta stated test participants lost higher percentage of weight starting at 4 mg dosage/4wks and titrating up to 6mg/4weeks then settling at 8mg for six months. Those who started at 2mg the 4mg etc lost approximately 4% less in that same six months.
Those who stalled prior to 6 months were then put in second half of the study titrating up to 10mg. Many continued safe weight loss for the remaining 6 months while 18% were titrated to a max dose of 12mg. Total in second round study loss on average 28%.

Nice result-BUT no batch numbers
That's old ones, the new batchs of 2024 have color of tops mentionned in the lab reports, along with the picture of the sample, check the price list, click on the name of the item and you will be able to open the lab report

Attachments

Thank you Tracy, for the updated 25-072024 Price List.
It is just as you say, the newest batches of GLP1 product do indeed have batch color-top-coded identification.

Also Important To Note: Batch COAs consistently measure FULL TO OVERFULL.
QSC has Good Control of their QA process
, and, QSC is committed to providing Good Value to Buyers.

I acknowledge you and Quingdao Sigma Chemical for a continuing improvement in Quality Assurance of your peptide products.
As Buyers we see it, and we appreciate it.

Dennis

Very interested in the GB of the 10mg Reta that is going on right now. the 97.xx% purity number kind of alarms me. I guess I just haven't seen many 97's in all the Janoshik reports I've looked at for peptides. Anybody have thoughts on that? I guess I'm not sure what the 97% really MEANS as far as what you're getting.

Ya'll inspired me to try some reta. Ordered this past Monday from Alisa. I stated CN if no USA reta, she charged me CN price and shipping. The next day I received a USPS email about inbound shipment from Chino, CA. Package arrived today and it is the reta.
Plan to stack with tirz.
I would be interested if your heart rate goes up. If you wear a watch that tracks your heart rate you may notice an increase.

Very interested in the GB of the 10mg Reta that is going on right now. the 97.xx% purity number kind of alarms me. I guess I just haven't seen many 97's in all the Janoshik reports I've looked at for peptides. Anybody have thoughts on that? I guess I'm not sure what the 97% really MEANS as far as what you're getting.
@steve789385
The COA 97% purity means this is NOT "Pharmaceutical Grade"
as generally defined by the US Pharmacopeia (USP) or FDA.

The term is used to define not only the substance itself
but also the manufacturing process.

Complicating matters further, the term is applied
by the FDA only to Approved Drugs which excludes most peptides.

In my NON-MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL opinion
you should not buy this, certainly don't inject it,
and QSC should not be offering this for sale.

Last edited:
@steve789385
The COA 97% purity means this is NOT "Pharmaceutical Grade"
as generally defined by the US Pharmacopeia (USP) or FDA.

The term is used to define not only the substance itself
but also the manufacturing process.

Complicating matters further, the term is applied
by the FDA only to Approved Drugs which excludes most peptides.

In my NON-MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL opinion
you should not buy this, certainly don't inject it,
and QSC should not be offering this for sale.
Maybe Tracy will follow up here. Thanks for your insight...definitely seemed an outlier from their other testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back