Syringe Filter

I know that the Peptide Test ones are PES Syringe Filter .22um 4mm but are back ordered right now so I am going to order and try these sold on walmart but actually coming from Biomed Scientific

Sterile Syringe Filter PES Membrane 13mm Disc Diameter 0.22μm

Walmart_Biomed_22um_13mm_sterile.jpg
I know they are 13mm so there will be more product left in the filter when done than the 4mm ones but I have been unable to find any 4mm sterile ones except Peptide Test.

Here are some other ones on Amazon but also being sold by Biomed Scientific but they are 25mm so even more waste.
Sterile Syringe Filters PES 25 mm Diameter 0.22 um Pore Size Individually Packaged 10/pk by Biomed Scientific

As said above even though these are being sold on Amazon or Walmart it looks like they are coming from Biomed Scientific...(y)

I know that the Peptide Test ones are PES Syringe Filter .22um 4mm but are back ordered right now so I am going to order and try these sold on walmart but actually coming from Biomed Scientific

Sterile Syringe Filter PES Membrane 13mm Disc Diameter 0.22μm

View attachment 2180
I know they are 13mm so there will be more product left in the filter when done than the 4mm ones but I have been unable to find any 4mm sterile ones except Peptide Test.

Here are some other ones on Amazon but also being sold by Biomed Scientific but they are 25mm so even more waste.
Sterile Syringe Filters PES 25 mm Diameter 0.22 um Pore Size Individually Packaged 10/pk by Biomed Scientific

As said above even though these are being sold on Amazon or Walmart it looks like they are coming from Biomed Scientific...(y)
Thank you so much. Sorry to ask but: do you have a link to a syringe that works well with that filter? I just want to be sure it's an exact match. I appreciate it.

These are the products I plan to order from Amazon. The syringe filters are 13mm but I plan to prewet filter with bac, reconstitute pep but use .5ml less bac, filter pep into sterile vial, push remaining .5ml bac through filter to flush any residual peptide.

1727228239745.jpeg

You just need to make sure whatever you get is Luer Lock Tips...Having said that the items @PopTart listed all look great!

Here are the links for her stuff because when I clicked on it, it only brings up a pic instead of the items on Amazon...so I manually typed them in for ya'll ;)

Syringe Filter
3ml Luer Lock Tip Syringes
100 Pack 27Ga 1.5 Inch Sterile Disposable Injection Needle
Injection Port,with Flip Off Aluminum Cap,Sterile Package (3ml,10)

I am planning on adding at least a couple of her items to my shopping list also.
I believe I saw in video where with the 1.5" needles you can reach all the way to the bottom of the 3ml vials...so no need to invert to get the last drop out. :)

Edit...I forgot to mention I had looked at the filter @PopTart is using but I couldn't get that particular one delivered to me until October14 so I went looking for other options.

Last edited:
You just need to make sure whatever you get is Luer Lock Tips...Having said that the items @PopTart listed all look great!

Here are the links for her stuff because when I clicked on it, it only brings up a pic instead of the items on Amazon...so I manually typed them in for ya'll ;)

Syringe Filter
3ml Luer Lock Tip Syringes
100 Pack 27Ga 1.5 Inch Sterile Disposable Injection Needle
Injection Port,with Flip Off Aluminum Cap,Sterile Package (3ml,10)

I am planning on adding at least a couple of her items to my shopping list also.
I believe I saw in video where with the 1.5" needles you can reach all the way to the bottom of the 3ml vials...so no need to invert to get the last drop out. :)

Edit...I forgot to mention I had looked at the filter @PopTart is using but I couldn't get that particular one delivered to me until October14 so I went looking for other options.
That was kind of you to create the Amazon links. You are quite knowledgeable and we appreciate the info you've given us. Just trying to learn!

@Approach

@PopTart did all the hard work finding the stuff.
I just created the links for her...
:)
I just copied from a post that someone else made and was too lazy to make the links.

I was back on Tisch Scientific’s website last night looking at their 13mm filters/price and realized that they are 10 miles from my office so I may need to pay them a visit.

@PopTart did all the hard work finding the stuff.
I just created the links for her...
:)
" I am not an EXPERT and don't pretend to be one. I am just a random guy on the internet sharing his opinions. Do your own research. If you follow anything I say you do so at your own RISK. I accept no responsiblility for WHAT you choose to DO! 🤷‍♂️ "
@PepOhio Your signature line disclaimer is so good!
And it reminds me of one my personal mottos:
Not Insane, Not Responsible

I am reading all of this with a lot of interest. Thanks for the info and links, very much appreciated :) I would like to order the stuff on Amazon but I wonder if they are trustworthy and if the material is really sterile? Maybe I am being paranoid but I don’t have a lot of experience ordering from Amazon.What I do know is that they’re not a certified medical institute. Your thoughts on this?

I am reading all of this with a lot of interest. Thanks for the info and links, very much appreciated :) I would like to order the stuff on Amazon but I wonder if they are trustworthy and if the material is really sterile? Maybe I am being paranoid but I don’t have a lot of experience ordering from Amazon.What I do know is that they’re not a certified medical institute. Your thoughts on this?
I think your wariness regarding the purchase of medical supplies from Amazon is justified.
The Amazon brand has a degree of credibility, and, to the credulous it lends an aura of legitimacy to the vendors on the platform.

It is unwarranted. Amazon does not perform any oversight or impose any regulation on these vendors! There have been notable incidents of non-sterile, contaminated "bacteriostatic water" that resulted in infections, illness and finally legal actions by the authorities.

Purchasing name-brand products from established medical distributors or scientific supply houses is little trouble and seems like a prudent move to me.

Dennis (@dionysos), how do you feel about all of these sterility topics? You (and I assume your wife) were on vials from Amo the longest that I've seen on here, before they even had a vacuum process.

I assumed that was the case. I think it is probably more dangerous to use tools that are not legit than to use anything at all.

As an advocate of Quality Awareness in the research peptide marketplace I am certainly on the side of sterile, non-pyrogenic injectables. It would please me if all vendors chose to test all peptide batches they sell.

Adding nuance, I am amazed at how few reported instances of infection I find when browsing through Peptide World online. Perhaps the research peptide products are more sterile than we expect. Or it is really difficult to become infected via sub-Q injections. I don’t pretend to have an answer here and I’ve not seen any serious studies that address these issues.

My wife has used only Aminos Research semaglutide for about a year now; it is her only injectable med. We do not plan to change her supplier.

I’ve used AR and seven other vendors (including one really sketchy supplier) in my GLP1 Grand Tour + GLOW + it’s none of your damn business peptide research experiences 😬

I have not felt it necessary to demand sterility tests on six of these product suppliers. With the seventh it was far to late when I realized there might be risk to have made any difference. I used the sketchy products, saved money, had good weight loss, and suffered no injuries.

Do I recommend that you buy from untested sketchy vendors to save money?
I DO NOT!

Do I worry about sterility issues at AR, Skye, Tydes, Polaris and other top QA Vendors?
I DO NOT!

Last edited:
Just a counter point on @dionysos and questions. :unsure:

Curious what makes AR, Skye, Tydes, Polaris and other top QA Vendors get the check mark for sterile quality...
Have they been testing for sterility all along when they receive their peptides from the Chinese manufacturers?
Or simply because tested product quantity matches claimed quantity so sterility MUST be good?
Or because everyone that has used them hasn't had lots of infections?

Agree Amazon CAN be a crap show with many RESELLERS with questionable made up names and/or potentially counterfeit products...kind of like the ENTIRE China peptide market.
But I also believe there are also many suppliers who appear to be selling their own products on Amazon as well as selling to medical distributors...BH Supplies as an example. Though to be fair because of the way Amazon is I can't guarantee this.

Some things can be a little harder to find especially in smaller quanities from the distributors/supply houses.
At least for me so far I have not found a source for the tiny "sterile" .22um 4mm filters being sold by Peptide Test anywhere so far from a reliable US medical distributor. And the larger diameter ones they seem to want you to buy a minimal of 100+.
At this point I don't know if Peptide Test is actually sterilizing the filters themselves or testing them or taking the Chinese suppliers word on it. So I can't say they are really safer than Cobetter appearing to sell their own product on Amazon or BioMed Scientific doing the same thing.

To be fair since there is no external link to company websites for the resellers on Amazon I am forced to make the assumption that companies like Cobetter, BioMed Scientific, BH Supplies are protecting their names/brands just like other companies would.

Not sure how much I would be thinking about sterility if it hadn't come up in the last month on here and I wasn't scheduled to have my knee replaced and hoping to use peptides to speed up the recovery.

So I guess I am just trying to figure out where I fall on this continuum of sterility safety...

So far I know it is somewhere between nothing pierces my skin unless I am safely inside a sterile operating room and standing on the corner asking the street dealer for a shot of whatever the other guy just had...
On 2nd thought, I know I ain't taken anything from the corner guy...I NEVER TRUSTED HIM! :p

If we really want to be 100% safe we will have to get the equipment to sterilize everything ourselves...assuming we can trust ourselves not to screw that up. ;)

I would be interested in people listing the suppliers they feel are best for different supplies and also which brands they feel are the GOLD STANDARD.

I would be interested in people listing the suppliers they feel are best for different supplies and also which brands they feel are the GOLD STANDARD.
I really like Westend Med for most of the supplies I've been buying. It's more expensive than Amazon but since they're a legit medical supply there's a certain quality standard you get when you order from them.

For supplies I typically consider these brands as the standard:
Syringes/Needles: Easy-Touch, BD as a runner up
BAC Water: Pfizer Hospira
Alcohol Wipes: No preference, whatever's on the shelf at Walmart

I haven't decided on a preference for filters yet but I'm leaning towards the ones peptidetest offers. I've been trying to stay away from the Amazon ones but have found it difficult to source the right filters from other places.

As an advocate of Quality Awareness in the research peptide marketplace I am certainly on the side of sterile, non-pyrogenic injectables. It would please me if all vendors chose to test all peptide batches they sell.

Adding nuance, I am amazed at how few reported instances of infection I find when browsing through Peptide World online. Perhaps the research peptide products are more sterile than we expect. Or it is really difficult to become infected via sub-Q injections. I don’t pretend to have an answer here and I’ve not seen any serious studies that address these issues.

My wife has used only Aminos Research semaglutide for about a year now; it is her only injectable med. We do not plan to change her supplier.

I’ve used AR and seven other vendors (including one really sketchy supplier) in my GLP1 Grand Tour + GLOW + it’s none of your damn business peptide research experiences 😬

I have not felt it necessary to demand sterility tests on six of these product suppliers. With the seventh it was far to late when I realized there might be risk to have made any difference. I used the sketchy products, saved money, had good weight loss, and suffered no injuries.

Do I recommend that you buy from untested sketchy vendors to save money?
I DO NOT!

Do I worry about sterility issues at AR, Skye, Tydes, Polaris and other top QA Vendors?
I DO NOT!
SQ injections are interesting.

According to studies I've seen, around 250k deaths annually in the US alone are attributed to medical errors (https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/05/160504085309.htm)

Yet SQ peptide injuries (and even deaths) numbers appear to be so moot that they're not even tracked at this time.

Generally speaking -- even when your research GLP1 comes from a good source: Is it a very-wise decision to use a syringe filter? Or, somewhat unnecessary? Thank you
I personally use a filter. Always have. Even when I bought from a compounding pharmacy. Yes it is not cheap. But I definitely didn't want to get sick from something not being sterile when I started peps to improve my health. It is not like we are there during the process making these..but I also am like this on many things. Not just peps...it's all a personal decision

May I ask- Do recommend using a filter every time you inject into your body? Or, just use it when Constituting? I assume it's only when constituting, right?

Btw, if you filter Only when constituting- then why wouldn't people use filters every time? After all, most people only constitute once/month or so - thus filters are affordable.
I use it to reconstitute since I make batches on my PepPens

Back