Syringe Filter

Ha...i have to go and look. I bought a surplus several months ago...
My daughters make fun of my buying bulk in everything...says I am the place everyone wants to be at for the apocalypse 🤣🤣

Sorry if I missed it somewhere else.
Which filters are you using and from where?
It looks like i bought 100 from Amazon. Same place as you linked above.
And a med store another 100. But they no longer carry them.
I figure i will eventually try a local medical supply place here in town that has always been reasonable and see if they are any cheaper

I am from Belgium and I’ve been looking online for filters close by. I stumbled upon needles with a filter already inside ( see picture). Would that work as well? Anybody has experience with these?

Attachments

• IMG_7542.png
    IMG_7542.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
I am from Belgium and I’ve been looking online for filters close by. I stumbled upon needles with a filter already inside ( see picture). Would that work as well? Anybody has experience with these?
I don't think these would be very effective. 5μm is not sterile. Anything above .22μm will not filter all of the bacteria.

No...these are for pulling liquid. Say from a vial and making sure there are not any glass pieces in your solution

SQ injections are interesting.

According to studies I've seen, around 250k deaths annually in the US alone are attributed to medical errors (https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/05/160504085309.htm)

Yet SQ peptide injuries (and even deaths) numbers appear to be so moot that they're not even tracked at this time.
I would assume those medical errors include overdosing more hardcore meds?

My opinion on subq is widely frowned upon, I find it to be very low risk. With a couple hundred injections per year on average, most without swabbing neither the vial nor skin I am still infection free.

So statistically I do consider it unlikely to be problematic. Worst I’ve experienced was from a subq testosterone injection, the oil was definitely NOT clean, so that ended up being a bit nastynasty for a while.

It’s individual too I guess, but my understanding is that the risk of infection subq is moderate at most, even if the product isn’t 100% sterile.

(I wipe like a maniac when I do IM though), not because the risk of infection is that much higher, I think it might actually be lower, but if you get an infection IM it’s a bit more problematic

I've actually got an order of filters on the way from PepTest so all I need now are the vials. I know they're on Amazon but I'd like to avoid them and also avoid having to get a case of 100 if possible 😂.
I avoid Amazon for syringes, BAC or reconstitution solution, but why would you avoid Amazon for the sterility vials? I buy the Ks-Tek sterile vials I use there. Each individually wrapped and they come in packs of 10.

I avoid Amazon for syringes, BAC or reconstitution solution, but why would you avoid Amazon for the sterility vials? I buy the Ks-Tek sterile vials I use there. Each individually wrapped and they come in packs of 10.
A number of reviews saying they leaked, had particles floating in them, poorly crimped caps. The stopper is brittle, doesn't self heal, splits, and pieces break off into the vial. Just look at all the 1, 2, and 3 star reviews on them.

A number of reviews saying they leaked, had particles floating in them, poorly crimped caps. The stopper is brittle, doesn't self heal, splits, and pieces break off into the vial. Just look at all the 1, 2, and 3 star reviews on them.
The few I have used are absolutely fine.

I would assume those medical errors include overdosing more hardcore meds?

My opinion on subq is widely frowned upon, I find it to be very low risk. With a couple hundred injections per year on average, most without swabbing neither the vial nor skin I am still infection free.

So statistically I do consider it unlikely to be problematic. Worst I’ve experienced was from a subq testosterone injection, the oil was definitely NOT clean, so that ended up being a bit nastynasty for a while.

It’s individual too I guess, but my understanding is that the risk of infection subq is moderate at most, even if the product isn’t 100% sterile.

(I wipe like a maniac when I do IM though), not because the risk of infection is that much higher, I think it might actually be lower, but if you get an infection IM it’s a bit more problematic
That whole paper is complete garbage science. It’s written by one of the prominent names in the antivax/COVID misinformation movement. The way he came up with the 250k number is absolutely ridiculous and was widely disputed after publication.

Just FYI!

That whole paper is complete garbage science. It’s written by one of the prominent names in the antivax/COVID misinformation movement. The way he came up with the 250k number is absolutely ridiculous and was widely disputed after publication.

Just FYI!
I didn’t even open the url. The number alone is enough to call bullshit

There were a few questions here I'll answer

peptest sells tisch filters which you can buy directly from tisch in pre-sterilised packets but they aren't always in stock and they only sell by the 100.

The cobetter filters on amazon are also considered good but they only have 13mm if you really want 4mm.

the things that matter about being sterile are the 1) filter 2) the needle after the filter and 3) the vial/cartridge
If you want high quality syringes/needles/vials they can be found at lot of medical/lab supply companies that sell online.

Trying not to post any 2020+ study estimates bc they go much higher for the estimates (even with COVID being split away into it's own category by CDC).

To be clear, this is totally not a hill I'm willing to die on. If I'm incorrect with the info I have found, please show otherwise since I want to know the proper info.

I just ordered a box of EasyTouch from them. On sale and was cheaper than my regular source (Total Diabetes Supply). I paid a few extra bucks for faster shipping because I'm ready to set this box of crappy BDs on fire.
BD are lousy and I went to such crazy efforts to source them and paid too much and I keep going back to my Easy Touch syringes!

BD are lousy and I went to such crazy efforts to source them and paid too much and I keep going back to my Easy Touch syringes!
They were a bit more expensive at TDS but not too crazy. Still not worth it though. My new box of EasyTouch should be here tomorrow thank the gods.

I personally use a filter. Always have. Even when I bought from a compounding pharmacy. Yes it is not cheap. But I definitely didn't want to get sick from something not being sterile when I started peps to improve my health. It is not like we are there during the process making these..but I also am like this on many things. Not just peps...it's all a personal decision
How smart you were/are! Until all the sterility issues arose, I thought purity on the COA meant it was pure and sterile. And that you didn't with compound pharmacy product is amazing!

Back