Syringe Filter

They were a bit more expensive at TDS but not too crazy. Still not worth it though. My new box of EasyTouch should be here tomorrow thank the gods.
Since you don't like Amazon for sterile vials with self healing ports, can I ask where you are buying your vials? I just checked Amsco Med and westend and Farris and don't see vials or not in the small sizes I want.

How smart you were/are! Until all the sterility issues arose, I thought purity on the COA meant it was pure and sterile. And that you didn't with compound pharmacy product is amazing!
Yea I wonder what the sterility of compounded ones are. They must be getting the powders from the same sources everyone here is using.

They were a bit more expensive at TDS but not too crazy. Still not worth it though. My new box of EasyTouch should be here tomorrow thank the gods.
To get them sent to me in NY is nearly impossible but found a place and the price was high but I kept hearing they are the best! Nope.

Yea I wonder what the sterility of compounded ones are. They must be getting the powders from the same sources everyone here is using.
Per Pep Test over on the Amo test channel on Discord, he's aware of instances when compound pharmacy products failed sterility. If they are all getting it from the same place, already lyophilized, if a sterility problem at that stage, reconning it here wouldn't change that.

Since you don't like Amazon for sterile vials with self healing ports, can I ask where you are buying your vials? I just checked Amsco Med and westend and Farris and don't see vials or not in the small sizes I want.
I haven't purchased any yet, but there are a few med lab supply places that carry them. Having trouble finding 3ml, but here are some places I've looked:

There was a 3rd one that was all lab supplies but I can't find it right now

Damn, even through Diabetic/Medical supply websites? I can't order them off Amazon if I tried due to restrictions, but I've been happy with TDS so far.
Even through diabetic medical supply companies, not to NY without a prescription. Asked SlimdownRx where I got my compound initially for a prescription for BD syringes and he actually provided one to TDS. Asked for all sizes, he sent 3 prescriptions for the 3 sizes, TDS says they only received one for 1cc and I rarely use that size except when reconning.

Are Amazon Filters -- better than not filtering at all?
This is my concern honestly. I started looking into filters after reading a lot of the sterility posts here and on chats. However I honestly don't trust random Amazon "sterile" products any more than I trust CN peptide vendors so am I really just adding the contamination risk by adding Amazon filters and empty vials into the mix? I'm starting to think for subQ research it's going to be fine just going for it.

I haven't purchased any yet, but there are a few med lab supply places that carry them. Having trouble finding 3ml, but here are some places I've looked:

There was a 3rd one that was all lab supplies but I can't find it right now
I guess I used the wrong search terms on that site - you're so nice to have attached the link- interestingly the only way to get the vials from them shrink-wrapped is to order 25 or more.

I just ordered a box of EasyTouch from them. On sale and was cheaper than my regular source (Total Diabetes Supply). I paid a few extra bucks for faster shipping because I'm ready to set this box of crappy BDs on fire.
Update: I was wrong, they weren't cheaper at Westend than TDS. I mistakenly ordered a 50 count thinking it was a box. Pricing is about the same as TDS.

I may continue to order from them as they also sell sterile vials and various Hospira solutions. The bac water is kinda pricey but it's nice to know I can conveniently get all my supplies in one place if needed. I'm good on bac for at least 6 months though.

Ok, Prepare for two dumb questions as they both popped into my head while reading this thread.
1st is: Doesn’t the BAC water, since it has alcohol in it to prevent bacteria, have properties to kill any minor sterility issues (assuming the vial doesn’t have obvious visible issues like mold or discoloration)?
2nd is: at 0.22 or 0.20 microns doesn’t the filter filter out the peptide as well? I mean that sounds super tiny and if it can filter out bacteria, what about short chain amino acids (aka peptides).

These were just the couple things that were in my head while reading so i appreciate any answers and dont mind snickering ;-)

Ok, Prepare for two dumb questions as they both popped into my head while reading this thread.
1st is: Doesn’t the BAC water, since it has alcohol in it to prevent bacteria, have properties to kill any minor sterility issues (assuming the vial doesn’t have obvious visible issues like mold or discoloration)?
2nd is: at 0.22 or 0.20 microns doesn’t the filter filter out the peptide as well? I mean that sounds super tiny and if it can filter out bacteria, what about short chain amino acids (aka peptides).

These were just the couple things that were in my head while reading so i appreciate any answers and dont mind snickering ;-)
BAC water stops the growth of bacterias, but it does not kill the ones already present in the solution.

Most peptides are 0,001 to 0,005 micron in size, so a 0,22 micron filter will not remove them out.

Not sure if someone else had posted this and I grabbed it...OR I found it while searching myself.
My mind isn't what it used to be. 😂

These are directly from Cobetter

0.22μm PES Syringe Filters for Sterile Filtration, Sterile Individually Packed

I am looking at the double filter 13mm ones that have a .65 prefilter + .22um main filter, sterile and individually packed.
As of right now they are on sale for $41.30 for a packet of 100. Normal cost is $59.00
Looks like shipping may be as much as $27.50 so total is $68.80
They really need to fix that shipping cost! But still less than $ .70 each.

Hadn't seen these anywhere else, Let me know if you can find the same ones lower. Really like the double filter for the same price. I had already ordered some other ones from my earlier posts but I think these will be the next ones I get. Still wish they would make them in a 4mm package...maybe I will send them an email at some point

Not sure if someone else had posted this and I grabbed it...OR I found it while searching myself.

I am looking at the double filter 13mm ones that have a .65 prefilter + .22um main filter, sterile and individually packed.
As of right now they are on sale for $41.30 for a packet of 100. Normal cost is $59.00
Looks like shipping may be as much as $27.50 so total is $68.80
They really need to fix that shipping cost! But still less than $ .70 each.

Hadn't seen these anywhere else, Let me know if you can find the same ones lower. Really like the double filter for the same price. I had already ordered some other ones from my earlier posts but I think these will be the next ones I get. Still wish they would make them in a 4mm package...maybe I will send them an email at some point
Have you used the 13mm ones yet? how much have you noticed you lose in a 2ml vial? Thats my only concern with the 13mm ones is how much do you lose. I’d need to adjust how much BAC i add to offset the loss from the filter.

Have you used the 13mm ones yet? how much have you noticed you lose in a 2ml vial? Thats my only concern with the 13mm ones is how much do you lose. I’d need to adjust how much BAC i add to offset the loss from the filter.
Not yet. I ordered the 13mm Biomed ones I linked earlier and they are scheduled to arrive Tuesday.
My plan is to fill a syringe with 1 or 2 ml of BAC water then put it through the filter and measure what I get out so I know the filter loss.
My plan is...Was I know this answer I will filter my peptide through the filter...then add straight BAC water in that amount into my syringe and "flush" the filter into the filtered vile to get most of the peptide out of it...

That is the CURRENT plan but I am open to suggestions. I will update here once I have the answers. Hopefully by late next week. (y)

A negligible amount as per the table on the page : 0,025ml. Can be diminished if you push air through it.

I just ordered a box of EasyTouch from them. On sale and was cheaper than my regular source (Total Diabetes Supply). I paid a few extra bucks for faster shipping because I'm ready to set this box of crappy BDs on fire.
BD's are the effing worst. So glad to see someone else thinks so. I returned an entire box I bought. Bent pins, bend when injecting, trash. I much prefer Easy Touch

That was me, still haven't used them though. Seems like everyone is shoping for and researching filters but hardly anyone is actually doing it yet.

The same filters are on Amazon in 10 packs, but the price per filter is higher. For most medical supplies, Amazon isn't my choice for this type of thing, but personally I'd be comfortable buying from the official Cobetter store on Amazon.

That was me, still haven't used them though. Seems like everyone is shoping for and researching filters but hardly anyone is actually doing it yet.

The same filters are on Amazon in 10 packs, but the price per filter is higher. For most medical supplies, Amazon isn't my choice for this type of thing, but personally I'd be comfortable buying from the official Cobetter store on Amazon.

Thanks I just couldn't find the original post at the time.
When/If I get around to getting some of these I will be ordering the double filter versions I think.

I wasn't able to find the "double" filtered ones on Amazon at all just the single filter ones....If you have it would you mind posting.

On the Cobetter website you can select either the double 0.65+0.22um filter or the single 0.22um filter. Both at the same price.
My understanding from reading is that the "double" has a "pre" filter that is 0.65um followed by a 0.22um filter in the same package.

On the Cobetter website you can select either the double 0.65+0.22um filter or the single 0.22um filter. Both at the same price.
My understanding from reading is that the "double" has a "pre" filter that is 0.65um followed by a 0.22um filter in the same package.
Huh, I didn't realize that. I think I got the single filter version, but I would have gone for the double if I had read a bit closer. But then again I think that would increase losses. And yeah, looks like Amazon only has the single.

Edit: I did get the doubles! I'll report back on loss once I test them.

Back