Syringe Filter

Make sure you’re getting Hospira brand Bac water.
And https://www.peptidetest.com/lab-supply
It’s a good source for filters and such
It is super expensive for me to order from peptide test since I am from Europe. I have been looking for my supplies in and around Belgium. The filters I found were also US based but their delivery cost to Europe was a lot lower then the one from peptide test .I use this BAC water (see picture) and never had any problems with it with the Tirz I used from my previous vendor. It worked just fine up until now.

Attachments

• IMG_7648.png
    IMG_7648.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
I'm not a total newbie but new to using filters.

Do you think this filter is ok? It seems to meet the specificationos everyone talks about it is PES, .22 um 13 mm. I am not sure if it is hydrophobic or hydrophilic though.

deleted: this company only sells to labs not individuals.

Last edited:
Their site also shows BAC water along with the filters. The vial shows Hospira. Can I assume Peptidetest is reliable with their BAC aswell? They have the cheapest individual vials for sale at 7.
I got this pack from them today. Hospira BAC and sterile filters, great price! I haven’t used them just yet, but I got what I ordered & quickly, if that helps!

I'm not a total newbie but new to using filters.

Do you think this filter is ok? It seems to meet the specificationos everyone talks about it is PES, .22 um 13 mm. I am not sure if it is hydrophobic or hydrophilic though.

Code:
https://www.stellarscientific.com/syringe-filter-with-13mm-diameter-pes-membrane-22um-polypropylene-housing-individually-wrapped-blister-pack-rnase-dnase-free-sterile-50-pk/
I agree they look like they check the boxes as far as I can see. The only thing I don't see mentioned unless I missed it is male/female luer lock for attaching syringes/needles. The picture looks like it is showing a luer lock though I think.
50 is alot of filters though 🤷‍♂️ ;)

I got this pack from them today. Hospira BAC and sterile filters, great price! I haven’t used them just yet, but I got what I ordered & quickly, if that helps!
How long was the shipping? I'm thinking of doing multiple bottles and filters to get the free shipping.

I agree they look like they check the boxes as far as I can see. The only thing I don't see mentioned unless I missed it is male/female luer lock for attaching syringes/needles. The picture looks like it is showing a luer lock though I think.
50 is alot of filters though 🤷‍♂️ ;)
I believe all of these style filters are luer lock on the syringe side and luer slip on the needle side. Most needles can do either slip or lock.

Nah. I posted a price breakdown of what I paid for the supplies I am personally using, but I don't sell stuff. Here's what I came up with:
If anyone is curious, my current cost for a reconstitute & filter kit made up of:
Syringe (3ml)
3x luer lock needles of various lengths and colors
0.22um filter (4mm)
Sterile vial (ALK USA made, 2ml)
Is $4.97
(or, with Amazon vials, $3.39)
I hope someone reputable ends up offering such a kit, though. I had to buy many of these things in large quantities (25-100) from multiple different vendors. It was a pain in the ass.

Their site also shows BAC water along with the filters. The vial shows Hospira. Can I assume Peptidetest is reliable with their BAC aswell? They have the cheapest individual vials for sale at 7.
The Hospira bacteriostatic water I received from peptidetest.com last month was identical in all ways (down to the batch code and expiration) to the same product ordered from AMSCO.

It is super expensive for me to order from peptide test since I am from Europe. I have been looking for my supplies in and around Belgium. The filters I found were also US based but their delivery cost to Europe was a lot lower then the one from peptide test .I use this BAC water (see picture) and never had any problems with it with the Tirz I used from my previous vendor. It worked just fine up until now.
This sterile water for injection doesn’t contain a preservative like benzyl alcohol. It’s sterile, but for single use, not multi-dose. Someone else EU-based was saying how difficult it was for them to source a water with a preservative. Do you use syringes or pens/cartridges? Maybe cartridges would be safer? Though, there must be so many of you using this.

This sterile water for injection doesn’t contain a preservative like benzyl alcohol. It’s sterile, but for single use, not multi-dose. Someone else EU-based was saying how difficult it was for them to source a water with a preservative. Do you use syringes or pens/cartridges? Maybe cartridges would be safer? Though, there must be so many of you using this.
I use syringes. I had no idea the BAC water should contain a preservative. Is that necessary when using the 2mg ampules? They are for single use.

Last edited:
I use syringes. I had no idea the BAC water should contain a preservative. Is that necessary when using the 2mg ampules? They are for single use.
No actually they are not. I use the 2mg ampules for my 10mg vial which I use three times over a period of 3 weeks. I am on a low dose and try to stay on low dose as long as I can. Is that problematic?

@Fonkymonky It’s not the ampoules, it’s that the water doesn’t have anything in it to prevent bacterial growth. Bac is short for bacteriostatic, basically meaning keeping the bacteria in check, that’s what the benzyl alcohol.

You reconstitute your vial, you poke your syringe in several times for doses, you can introduce bacteria. Without the benzyl alcohol, it can flourish.

@Fonkymonky It’s not the ampoules, it’s that the water doesn’t have anything in it to prevent bacterial growth. Bac is short for bacteriostatic, basically meaning keeping the bacteria in check, that’s what the benzyl alcohol.

You reconstitute your vial, you poke your syringe in several times for doses, you can introduce bacteria. Without the benzyl alcohol, it can flourish.
Ok I get your point here. Shit I never thought about that. I do of course use a new and sterile siringe every time I usd the vial. I will check this out thank you for your imput!

Ok I get your point here. Shit I never thought about that. I do of course use a new and sterile siringe every time I usd the vial. I will check this out thank you for your imput!
You’re welcome. Like I said, there are probably so many of you having to use this, and do so w/o issue. I just wanted you to know this wasn’t “bac” water.

You’re welcome. Like I said, there are probably so many of you having to use this, and do so w/o issue. I just wanted you to know this wasn’t “bac” water.
Again. I can’t thank you enough. I have been using the ampules since may. I am really a bit shocked here. I started using peptide Tirz together with a friend who at the time did all the research and used the ampules. I never thought bad about them. I found the real deal in the Netherlands so I ordered immediately. I hope I didn’t do any damage in the meantime. Can I check this in my blood?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Again. I can’t thank you enough. I have been using the ampules since may. I am really a bit shocked here. I started using peptide Tirz together with a friend who at the time did all the research and used the ampules. I never thought bad about them. I found the real deal in the Netherlands so I ordered immediately. I hope I didn’t do any damage in the meantime. Can I check this in my blood?

Thanks again!
I’m glad you were able to find a source, hopefully it’ll help others in your situation!

I’m sure you didn’t do any damage, I think you’d feel bad by now if bacteria had taken hold? I am not a doctor, lol.

And your friend and many others use the sterile water for injection, the ampoules are sterile, just not meant for multiple pokes. But, you’re the only one using, yes?

I see they have Hospira brand, but for €25 each, ouch 😬

Back