Syringe Filter

The more I read, the more confused I become!

If I use this filter:
  • The end of the filter that connects to the syringe is a luer lock. Which means the syringe must be a luer lock.
  • The end of the filter that connects to the needle is a luer slip. Which means the needle must be a luer slip.
If I understand correctly, would that would mean I need two different types of needles:
  • a lock needle to connect to the syringe for drawing the reconstituted peptide
  • a slip needle to connect to the filter for filtering and injecting into a new vial?
Is that right?
Luer lock are Luer slip compatible usually, they just don't screw but stay in place with friction

Last edited:
4mm filters steal 7 units and will work for filtering up to 4ml.

13mm filters steal 28 units and are good for up to 8ml - I think it is.

I don't see any reason to use a filter larger than 13mm.

You can also pre-wet the filter with bac, and air purge after filtering to help reclaim a bit of what they steal/absorb. Just don't blast anything through with high pressure as it can rupture the filter. Slow and steady. If it fails, start over with a new filter and don't press so hard, lol

PeptideTest has some YT videos about this.
Hey, does 4mm really work up to 4ml? Everything i've seen online has mentioned 1-2ml max. Wondering if you've tried 3-4ml personally.

Just so I am clear about this -
lock syringe + lock needles will work. no need at all for a slip needle?
thank you 🙏🏽
Correct. You can buy a set (syringe & needle) already together and then a pack/box of needles for after you attach the filter, but they don’t need to be slip.

If you’re looking for sterile 4mm filters, Peptest sells them. Do note, every filter has different specs. I use 13mm and they suit me just fine.

Revo posted a source for 4mm filters yesterday for relatively cheap.

Spoke to Peptide Test today as I'm a newbie to all this and have a shopping list of supplies for extended travel. They couldn't have been more helpful and advised that Tisch will be shipping 2mm 0.44um PES filters from their factory on Friday, which means should be at Peptide Test's warehouse by the end of next week. I went ahead and placed an order with PT and, as need filters in a relative hurry, paid an extra $4ish for Priority 2-day shipping. Fingers crossed it all works out, but am fairly confident it will.

Last edited:
They ran out, yes. From what I understand, they're manufacturing more to be sold exclusively by Peptide Test.
Huh. So if I'm readingthis right, then he's going to have a monopoly on the filters he's going around telling everyone to use on every peptide forum on earth.

I'd really like to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but stuff like this makes it difficult.

Huh. So if I'm readingthis right, then he's going to have a monopoly on the filters he's going around telling everyone to use on every peptide forum on earth.

I'd really like to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but stuff like this makes it difficult.
that's not what i would consider a monopoly... it sounds like he's just gonna have an agreement to purchase their items in bulk regularly (so he's a step above retail, essentially a preferred customer). there's zero chance he pushes enough weight for an experienced company to award exclusivity like that.

that's not what i would consider a monopoly... it sounds like he's just gonna have an agreement to purchase their items in bulk regularly (so he's a step above retail, essentially a preferred customer). there's zero chance he pushes enough weight for an experienced company to award exclusivity like that.
Hopefully that is the case. But the previous comment made it sound like it was exclusive. Like I said I'd really like to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Hopefully that is the case. But the previous comment made it sound like it was exclusive. Like I said I'd really like to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
he's had back order supply issues all month so while i'm obviously not peptidetest guy and can't say for sure, i feel like 99% certain that it's just an agreement to make sure he doesn't get left empty handed again. he's definitely lost out on business due to this backorder problem so far and his shipping has been a nightmare thanks to having to split orders into multiple shipments (since he sells bacwater too which is in high demand). and for all the studies/tests he's been doing (and posting to youtube) it makes sense why he would want to secure a steady supply from his preferred brand of choice.

he's had back order supply issues all month so while i'm obviously not peptidetest guy and can't say for sure, i feel like 99% certain that it's just an agreement to make sure he doesn't get left empty handed again. he's definitely lost out on business due to this backorder problem so far and his shipping has been a nightmare thanks to having to split orders into multiple shipments (since he sells bacwater too which is in high demand). and for all the studies/tests he's been doing (and posting to youtube) it makes sense why he would want to secure a steady supply from his preferred brand of choice.
I was always under the impression PT sells these as a way to market his testing services. There is a good chance users that care enough to filter will eventually have a need to get their peps tested.

It's hard to even turn a profit will multiple low-dollar orders and I don't think he has a minimum order quantity. If he is making 50 cents a filter and the average user orders 10 it is a lot of labor to handle the order, stock/reorder, deal with questions, pack and ship just to make $5.

I really view it as a service he is providing to keep us safe and healthy (just like his testing service). When I saw they were in stock last month I just grabbed 100.

I really view it as a service he is providing to keep us safe and healthy (just like his testing service). When I saw they were in stock last month I just grabbed 100.

and it's near-impossible to find 0.22um 4mm PES filters from any known manufacturer/wholesaler (in the US), or at least I found it difficult. there's Biomed and that's about it. seems like the supply is extremely limited (I suspect 4mm has only very limited applications) and he's providing a service for barely any money. I mean earlier today he spent a good ten minutes giving me great advice and that was for a $40 order with free shipping!

Back