Syringe Filter

Okay looking a bit closer on the Amazon site, in the product description pics it shows the filters as being the double. Not sure if I'd trust it though....

Attachments

• 71qgWJkysNL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.webp
    71qgWJkysNL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 29
Ok NOW I feel a little stupid...I was so busy looking for the double filter option on Amazon to match the Cobetter website choices, I missed the first bullet point under the pricing/quanity.

• 🔖[Unique Structure]The double-layer asymmetric PES hydrophilic membranes behave graduated pore size structure, a larger size of prefilter and a 0.22μm sterilizing-grade final filter
And now that I know what it is trying to tell me...the labeling on the packaging is also showing the double filters. Looks like ALL the filters in that listing on Amazon are double filtered!

Amazon Cobetter Filter.jpg

🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

Here's a link to some .22um 4mm filters. 200 pack for $100... Not sure if any of you are familiar with the brand or have previously tried.

I ordered the single layer from Cobetter (13mm, tiny!) for some sus cagri I have, they just came today. I used water, an empty vial, a luer lock syringe/needle, and one of the filters to practice with.

2ml water into the vial, pre-wet the filter, pulled the water out with syringe (made sure I drew it all out), removed needle, attached filter, reattached needle, pushed the water back into the vial.

There was resistance I didn’t expect (I also created a vacuum in the vial somehow, no clue), so it went slower than I expected. Removed the syringe part to do that “flush,” pulled air in, reattached, pushed through to flush the filter.

Finally, I pulled the contraption apart, and pulled up all of the water to see how much I’d lost. Virtually none. So little I’m going to have to do this a few more times to make sure.

Pic of the little filter

Attachments

• IMG_6624.jpeg
    IMG_6624.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
In the meantime I found the right filters (I hope 😅) but apparently instead of the 13mm diameter I bought the 25mm diameter (see pictures) I hope this will not cause any problems? Can someone tell me the dimensions of the syringe and needle I have to get to match these? Also, is there a website appart from Amazon where I can find the sterile vials?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_7555.png
    IMG_7555.png
    754.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7556.png
    IMG_7556.png
    267 KB · Views: 27
I'm actually switching to pens and plan to filter into the cartridges. So I don't have a source I've bought from that I can recommend, unfortunately. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I did see someone on one of the group buy servers selling syringe filter kits (1 filter, 1 lure lock and 1 vial, all individually wrapped) for a few bucks a while ago, but I can't track that down. I thought that was pretty clever and convenient. If I find that again I'll share a link.

Please let us know how this goes for you. Id definitely prefer this to standard insulin needles.

I pulled the contraption apart, and pulled up all of the water to see how much I’d lost. Virtually none. So little I’m going to have to do this a few more times to make sure.

Pic of the little filter

If you're worried about lost product the Peptide Test YouTube channel has a good video on this. Makes sense that you lost very little water.

Here's a link to some .22um 4mm filters. 200 pack for $100... Not sure if any of you are familiar with the brand or have previously tried.

I don't think that material is recommended for peptides. I think PES is what you want.

If you're worried about lost product the Peptide Test YouTube channel has a good video on this. Makes sense that you lost very little water.

Not so much worried as surprised at how little I lost. Folks are really trying to hunt down the 4mm, but I think the 13mm appear to do just fine.

I ordered the 25mm. Do you think it makes a big difference?
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that .25mm doesn't work well at all for the small volumes we're dealing with when reconstituting peptides. The amount that stays behind in the filter is something close to a ml.

I ordered the 25mm. Do you think it makes a big difference?
It will, but still maybe not as much to make a difference to you, though I’m not you. Looking at the cobetter site, it says the “hold-up volume” is less than 25 microliters for the 13mm, less than 100 microliters for the 25mm.

So I think you’ll notice a little bit, but we’re talking microliters. How much does that little bit matter to you? And those numbers are pre-purge, I think. (Don’t quote me, I haven’t worked in a lab since 2012 and even then I wouldn’t have quoted me.)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that .25mm doesn't work well at all for the small volumes we're dealing with when reconstituting peptides. The amount that stays behind in the filter is something close to a ml.
I’m looking at couple other sites and they say their 25mm can be used for as little as 2ml, with a hold up volume of less than 50 to as much as 115 microliters, so maybe it’s brand specific?

I don't think that material is recommended for peptides. I think PES is what you want.
Thanks for letting me know. I've been going back and forth on this. Chatting on another board and reading information on here has actually helped. I've only been here one day and the conversation is WAY WAY more productive.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistimus
Back