Tirz-Appetite suppression or weight loss?

The dose of 2.5mg is to get your body accustomed to a glp-1. You are not expected to lose any weight at that dose. Please don't lose hope. I did not start losing weight until 7.5mg/week. And that is what the studies show (I have researched this extensively in the medical journals). Stay at each dose for a month before increasing. If you start losing on 5mg, stay at that dose until you stop losing. Only increase when you stop losing but again, studies show weight loss starts around 7.5mg. Other people may lose at lower doses but that is not to be the expectation. I have learned that I must have 100mg of protein a day in order to have any weight loss. I'm currently on 12.5mg and have stopped losing. Food noise is back, eating larger amounts is back. So everything I had and the reason I went on Tirz is back. However, I think that is because I have stopped placing this journey as number one. I have a lot of things to rethink and redo. I have lost 70lbs in 9 months. Please don't expect tons of weight loss at the beginning, patience and it will happen for you as well. Good luck, you have this.
Wow! I really appreciate all this!

I do eat 100 grams of protein a day. I do log my food and weigh it (I have 11 years of logging on My Fitness Pal, even Christmas Day when I eat 4500 calories—I’m an expert). I’m strict on macros, especially protein, carbs and fiber. I’ve done Atkins for 7 months testing to make sure I was in ketosis the whole time. My question may make it seem like I’m blindly in this but I’m no newbie at weight loss, well, except the loss part. Before these meds came out I went from doctor to doctor to nutritionist to nutritionist to gym trainers. Literally I tried everything. Then I gave up for a couple of years. These meds gave me hope. I’m trying not to lose that hope but it’s fading fast.

I am a newbie at is Tirzepatide. I don’t understand how it works and since it’s not working on me for weight loss I’m trying to figure that out. I don’t care about appetite suppression. At all. I care about losing weight.

I’ve never heard anyone say that TDEE doesn’t work on hormonal imbalances. That’s good to hear.

I will work on the water. I do use Liquid IV but will increase. Thank you.

The dose of 2.5mg is to get your body accustomed to a glp-1. You are not expected to lose any weight at that dose. Please don't lose hope. I did not start losing weight until 7.5mg/week. And that is what the studies show (I have researched this extensively in the medical journals). Stay at each dose for a month before increasing. If you start losing on 5mg, stay at that dose until you stop losing. Only increase when you stop losing but again, studies show weight loss starts around 7.5mg. Other people may lose at lower doses but that is not to be the expectation
I am sorry but your "research" is wrong.

All studies clearly show the average person begins losing weight at 2.5mg, that is the rule not the exception.
1730146458293.png

Top right graph, weight loss at 2.5mg during the first 4 weeks is pretty damn strong.

However, that being said, just because the average person loses weight on 2.5mg doesn't mean everybody does, and there are in fact studies done on people who are late responders, and the conclusions are that even though it takes a while, it's worth it.

Back