CNBC's "Ozempic underworld: Inside the black market of obesity drugs"

1728557036049.png

My meme game is weak.... best I could do this early.

This kind of reporting is what kept my grandma—who lived in a nice neighborhood—from leaving her house out of of fear of all the hazard and crime outside. Fear mongering for clicks on behalf of a big corporation… smh.

They never mention all the testing we do to confirm that we aren’t booping insulin, and to make sure that the quantity on the label is what is in the vial. It does demonstrate why we need to do post-purchase testing and not trust vendor tests.

The solution to this problem was outlined in your Econ 101 and 102 courses.

We've seen the impact to black markets when regulated markets compete with them. Look at medical and recreational marijuana.

Until then. Big Pharma and the FDA can just keep their garden hose pointed at the fire fight.

With all the recent stuff happening I made a final purchase and I'm done buying for the next 2-3 years, as long as the peps last. Still interesting looking at the forums but eventually this kind of exposure will draw too much attention. Crazy.
Is there a place where I can find reputable vials of powdered Tirzepatide?

With all the recent stuff happening I made a final purchase and I'm done buying for the next 2-3 years, as long as the peps last. Still interesting looking at the forums but eventually this kind of exposure will draw too much attention. Crazy.
Bad news, friend: you think you’re set until fomo sets in. You haven’t stocked up for 2 years, you’ve started your hoard.

Fearmongering is working?

I doubt very seriously they're concerned with individual users. Their time and effort is best spent trying to crack down on sources.

Fearmongering is working?

I doubt very seriously they're concerned with individual users. Their time and effort is best spent trying to crack down on sources.
Maybe working a little bit in that I think there are enough fools that someone is going to mess it up for everyone. And by that I mean either law enforcement adapting when people get sick or die, or by the gray market quality dropping so much due to huge demand that half of the product is junk. The second one is my main concern.

Just look at the forum recently with the shitload of people who are buying blindly with off the wall questions. Chinese culture and business practices dont support individuals speaking out to tell the boss, "Hey we can't do that." So the orders are going to get filled by whatever means, foolish people will keep buying, and eventually little old me who just wants to reup tirzepatide from my previously reputable source now bought a vial of straight filler.

Maybe working a little bit in that I think there are enough fools that someone is going to mess it up for everyone. And by that I mean either law enforcement adapting when people get sick or die, or by the gray market quality dropping so much due to huge demand that half of the product is junk. The second one is my main concern.

Just look at the forum recently with the shitload of people who are buying blindly with off the wall questions. Chinese culture and business practices dont support individuals speaking out to tell the boss, "Hey we can't do that." So the orders are going to get filled by whatever means, foolish people will keep buying, and eventually little old me who just wants to reup tirzepatide from my previously reputable source now bought a vial of straight filler.

All fair and valid concerns.

I have not seen any vendors around here selling "Counterfeit" Ozempic, or any other name brand products. While Ozempic, Wegovy, Rybelsus and Semaglutide have the same active ingredient, Semaglutide is not a brand name. I suppose the FDA could do something about it, but Novo Nordisk or Eli Lilly can't. Because GLP-1s are not controlled substances, I am doubtful anyone can take enforcement action against individual consumers.

Exactly what I did. Bought a 2 year supply and am hoping that the dust settles on pricing and supply from Lilly.
In the near term my concern is that following elections, all candidates independent of party affiliation want to punish China and will be motivated to do something about it to prove their commitment to doing so. There could be a serious crackdown at customs.
For now it looks like the feds are focused on counterfeit brand names while 'research' chemicals get to fly mostly under the radar.

I have not seen any vendors around here selling "Counterfeit" Ozempic, or any other name brand products. While Ozempic, Wegovy, Rybelsus and Semaglutide have the same active ingredient, Semaglutide is not a brand name. I suppose the FDA could do something about it, but Novo Nordisk or Eli Lilly can't. Because GLP-1s are not controlled substances, I am doubtful anyone can take enforcement action against individual consumers.

I'm not going to pretend I understand the IP law surrounding this...

But semaglutide and tirzapetide are chemically patented according to this paper.

So compounding pharmacies were technically selling counterfeit Semaglutide. Once the patent runs out, it will become "generic" semaglutide.

I'm not going to pretend I understand the IP law surrounding this...

But semaglutide and tirzapetide are chemically patented according to this paper.

So compounding pharmacies were technically selling counterfeit Semaglutide. Once the patent runs out, it will become "generic" semaglutide.
Society loves to hate fat people. I think its despicable that they push "acceptance" and "body positivity” over health. They want to stop people from getting Semaglutide at affordable rates but you can get a months supply of hard narcotics or benzos with GoodRx for $3.

Last edited:
Society loves to hate fat people. I think its despicable that they push "acceptance" and "body positivity over health. They want to stop people from getting Semaglutide at affordable rates but you can get a months supply of hard narcotics or benzos with GoodRx for $3.
Lots of people on the Reddit subs discuss how once they lost weight people treat them differently.

Back