CNBC's "Ozempic underworld: Inside the black market of obesity drugs"

Put it this way: you every day you have to walk into a pool filled with great white sharks, some of them are cool sharks and some are biteynsharks but they all look like sharks. You can’t afford to be so naive to think, “they’re all cool sharks!” Especially if the slightest move could really endanger you. They dont get the benefit of the doubt. They earn trust by exhibiting cool shark behavior. So it’s “not all men” but sure as fuck is until proven otherwise and it’s safer to err on the side of caution when they’re an unknown entity with the physical prowess they have over women. Men do NOT have this global fear of women, men know women are easily overpowered physically, they can be outrun easily, women aren’t full of risky angry testosterone and emboldened by a society that encourages misogyny. Men are statistically more inclined to violence and sexual assault, and their physical or sexual violence ends in much more harmful and even lethal injuries. But for some reason these guys right here, the ones saying “not all men!” cannot understand and accept the basic sense of self preservation all women operate at when out in the world. And yep, women who are slim are often the first pick of targets, easily overpowered physically and considered attractive and higher value for vile men to target. I’ve never been afraid of a woman near me, nor have I had a woman do anything more than like, a crazy homeless lady yelling from her tent to spook me, so let’s drop this “evil people” bullfrapp. Men, whether they’re slim or fat, aren’t scared of unknown-to- them women going about their day, when they’re pumping gas at night or stopping at a rest stop to pee alone. Men are even scared of men!
Now comment on race statistics.

Wasn't that exactly your point?

Sorry but if you continue to act this way people are going to start ignoring you and you will be alone on this forum talking to yourself. Nothing @moonpies4misfits said was worth starting a fight over so there was no need to pick at her or be confrontational. If you want to fight with and assert your superiority over others you should go back to Reddit.

This kind of reporting is what kept my grandma—who lived in a nice neighborhood—from leaving her house out of of fear of all the hazard and crime outside. Fear mongering for clicks on behalf of a big corporation… smh.

They never mention all the testing we do to confirm that we aren’t booping insulin, and to make sure that the quantity on the label is what is in the vial. It does demonstrate why we need to do post-purchase testing and not trust vendor tests.
I agree, but how many people do you think are actually doing post-purchase testing? Seems like a lot of people rely solely on other user reviews.

gooooooooooob morning! I’m going to go through the last few pages and nuke any comments that are overtly political (per the rules), leave in the debate about the man-hating whatever (I just got up and haven’t read it all but I gather it’s just personalities clashing on the internet which is part of the deal), and hopefully we can all get back to bitching about pharma prices and the baseless scare mongering that this awful “ozempic underworld” piece engaged in. Maybe we call it a wrap on the gender discussion for now though please and thank you?

Seriously though, no politics, that shit is poison. Nobody is changing anyone’s mind, and we all need to learn to live together.

Edit: If you have a politician as your avatar it will be removed, you should know better than that. If it was a GOP politician then you get a coconut for a week. If it was a Dem politician then you get an elephant for a week. If it’s too painful to post on this forum with your coconut or elephant then take the opportunity to go touch grass or try a hobby. I’ll almost certainly forget to remove the coconut (in this case) so remind me in a week and I’ll remove it.

I agree, but how many people do you think are actually doing post-purchase testing? Seems like a lot of people rely solely on other user reviews.
Testing groups count as post-purchase testing. Lots and lots of people are doing that, or at the very least seeing the results of those tests out in the wild.

Sorry, you are basically saying the downside of losing weight is becoming more attractive to the opposite sex, and thus your life becomes more dangerous because you are now considered attractive to the opposite sex and all the creeps and rapists are now out to get you? Sheesh..

Sorry but if you continue to act this way people are going to start ignoring you and you will be alone on this forum talking to yourself. Nothing @moonpies4misfits said was worth starting a fight over so there was no need to pick at her or be confrontational. If you want to fight with and assert your superiority over others you should go back to Reddit.
Maybe they are projecting? lol

On a somewhat similar note but completely relevant. And at the risk of triggering someone reading this.

If I were a woman in today's society. I would be proficient and confident in concealed carry. This would mean the confidence to carry a loaded (chambered) weapon on my person. The ability to handle the weapon (lock, secure, transfer) safely. Lots of range practice with someone who can properly train me on safety, and how to put my shots on target reliably at different distances. Etc etc etc.

I grew up with my mom (single mother) who was constantly harassed by strangers. It might have been a different world back then, and she certainly didn't make attempts to blend in. She did carry some form of mace.

That might be another option. Bear spray.

This is one of the things I'm looking forward to about losing some more weight. Is wearing clothing where concealed carry is more comfortable.

And I'm a man....

There's crazy people everywhere.
I agree. I am in my home state at the moment without protection. No reciprocal. I just took my 79 year old mom, who walks around like it is the 1980s, to a gun store to buy keychain pepper spray because I could not ship it to her in this state. I explained I am not trying to make her fearful, but WTF is she going to do if she is attacked??

Kinda missed the point there. Do they welcome that aspect of being fat? Cuz honestly, I feel safer out in public as a fat woman than I ever did as a thin woman.

Edited to add: My comment was about harassment and had absolutely nothing to do with getting "action" so not sure how you thought this response was in any way relevant to what I said. It's giving "just take the compliment" vibes.

I know what you mean kinda. It was a fear of mine. I really think that is what kept me fat for so long. But I was never thin my whole life and never got attention from men either. And I've always worked in male dominated environments, still do kinda. Now I'm smaller, not really thin, but normal for the first time in my life, but I'm also older. I haven't really noticed men bothering me like I thought my happen.

I know what you mean kinda. It was a fear of mine. I really think that is what kept me fat for so long. But I was never thin my whole life and never got attention from men either. And I've always worked in male dominated environments, still do kinda. Now I'm smaller, not really thin, but normal for the first time in my life, but I'm also older. I haven't really noticed men bothering me like I thought my happen.
Yeah, I'm hoping with me being older I won't have the same experiences I had in my 20s and 30s. I've also perfected my RBF so that will likely help too 😂

Oh, I've got multiples lol. I also carry a knife but that's more for utilitarian purposes and isn't the best option for self defense in general. Distance is key.
I know I'm chiming in late here, but I've taken several self defense classes, and they all basically told us not to pull/carry a knife as a defensive weapon unless you have like Krav Maga/Kali level proficiency with it - it's not just a distance thing, but because otherwise it's easier to take it away from you and use it against you.

I know I'm chiming in late here, but I've taken several self defense classes, and they all basically told us not to pull/carry a knife as a defensive weapon unless you have like Krav Maga/Kali level proficiency with it - it's not just a distance thing, but because otherwise it's easier to take it away from you and use it against you.
Yep, exactly, that's why my main reason for keeping one on me is for utilitarian purposes (I'm out in nature a lot). I brought up distance because if you can disable them somehow before they are close to you they can't take away your weapon. However if I ever end up tied up and have a knife hidden on me I could potentially cut myself loose, assuming I can reach it.

Back