GLP1 GRAND TOUR: Current RETA Experience

The story arc in my Grand Tour has been from “easy, long-term weight-loss with full appetite supression and no calorie-counting on Sema TO a stalling-out fall-from-bliss TO six months of effortful-three-different-peptides-uphill-both directions struggle to regain weight-loss Heaven”.
Soon to be made into a major motion picture!

I have pretty well kept the peptide transitions distinct and can accurately distinguish their contributions.

I was hoping to delay publishing about this until I had more experience to report on.

BRIEFLY stated with the minimum of detail:
After 10-11 months successful Semaglutide weight loss I stalled out.

How can you keep on movin' unless you migrate too.
For me the difference in appetite suppression between Semaglutide and Tirzepatide was considerable and stimulated me to titrate rapidly to 7.5mg weekly. It wasn’t enough. Migrating to Tirzepatide reduced side effects but 10mg weekly dosage was required to approach the appetite suppression of Sema. More than 10mg weekly would have been needed to actually equal 2.5mg of Sema weekly.

Stack, stack, stack... they call him The Stacker.
Began stacking 2.5mg of Reta mid-week atop 10mg of TIrzepatide to assist with suppression.
It assisted well! Reta does have somewhat better appetite suppression than Tirzepatide. It soon became clear that the mid-week Reta was doing the heavy lifting and I quick-migrated to 7.5mg of Retatrutide dosage in about three weeks

Rinse and repeat.
Retatrutide is better in every way than Tirzepatide is - for me. Explaining the subtle whys becomes difficult. Certainly there are fewer side effects with Retatrutide than with Tirzepatide; my persistent side is constipation which I treat with Magnesium Citrate gelcaps. Fairly soon the 7.5mg dosage was not sufficient to quell my appetite and I needed to upgrade the dose. Reta unfortunately has the same difficulty for me that Tirzepatide does but not to the same degree - not quite adequate appetite suppression at 10mg weekly.

Enter the Dragon.
At risk of appearing a weak and needy addict, I admit to now stacking Cagrilintide mid-week atop 10mg of Retatrutide. This is strictly to stop the onset of significant hunger which was stalling me out AGAIN.

I decided on the addition of Cagrilintide mid-week
My intention was to start with 0.300mg but I fumbled the dose calculation or draw. Thankfully I experienced no strong side effects.

The main effect however was substantial - Appetite Suppression At Last!

Cagrilintide ELIMINATED my hunger for 7 days:
I lost 5lbs from Wednesday through end-of-day Sunday!

Based on my recent experience some things seem to be true:
a) Stacking Reta atop Tirz is not efficient or particularly effective.
This seems evident in hindsight as 2/3 of Retatrutide's agonists
duplicate Tirzepatid's agonists;

b) Both peptides have the same "weakness" - they don't suppress appetite nearly so well as Semaglutide.

c) Initial response to Cagrilintide is that its appetite suppression is equal to that of Semaglutide if not greater.

d) If your appetite breaks through while taking high dosages of Tirzepatide adding Cagrilintide is a far better solution than adding Retatrutide.

This data is of course only true for me. Your Mileage May WILL Vary!
Oh wow I didn’t know sema had better hunger suppression than tirz

Have you any experienced any "gelling" of peps from the US vendors? Is there a max amount of time you keep using your vial?
Peptide Gelling
I’ve read about “gelling” and odd non-dissolving peptides but I have no direct experience of it. My impression, possibly incorrect, is that this phenomenon is much more likely to occur with non-GLP1 peptides.

GLP1 Use Before Date
Addressing this ‘issue’ and a similar question about Bacteriostatic Water have occupied a BIG percentage of my time since I started publishing my datasheets.

To answer directly: there is no time limit I impose on my reconstituted peptides. I have successfully used a reconned GLP1 that was beyond 90 days since first puncture. I experienced no loss of efficacy when comparing this aged (refrigerated) vial with a newly reconned vial from the same batch.

I’ve studied the subject closely and answered all concerns sufficiently well to consider it settled for myself. I’ve chatted/DM’d hundreds of peptiders thousands of words about this; it takes a good deal of verbiage to address all the related issues.

Probably I should compile my chats and create a boilerplate response 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
I have mixed many vials of 6 different peptides over the last six months.

The only one I had any gelling issues with is AOD-9604. This appears to be a common issue with AOD and where I bought it even warns you on the website about the issue before allowing you to buy it.
This is really not an issue anymore for me because I didn't find it effective anyhow and have no plans to purchase AOD in the future. At the time I was stacking it with Tirz to see if it added anything so I could keep my dosage of Tirz lower because of side effects.

I have mixed many vials of 6 different peptides over the last six months.

The only one I had any gelling issues with is AOD-9604. This appears to be a common issue with AOD and where I bought it even warns you on the website about the issue before allowing you to buy it.
This is really not an issue anymore for me because I didn't find it effective anyhow and have no plans to purchase AOD in the future. At the time I was stacking it with Tirz to see if it added anything so I could keep my dosage of Tirz lower because of side effects.
THANKS Pep! Timely, detailed, and useful information :-)

Peptide Gelling
I’ve read about “gelling” and odd non-dissolving peptides but I have no direct experience of it. My impression, possibly incorrect, is that this phenomenon is much more likely to occur with non-GLP1 peptides.

GLP1 Use Before Date
Addressing this ‘issue’ and a similar question about Bacteriostatic Water have occupied a BIG percentage of my time since I started publishing my datasheets.

To answer directly: there is no time limit I impose on my reconstituted peptides. I have successfully used a reconned GLP1 that was beyond 90 days since first puncture. I experienced no loss of efficacy when comparing this aged (refrigerated) vial with a newly reconned vial from the same batch.

I’ve studied the subject closely and answered all concerns sufficiently well to consider it settled for myself. I’ve chatted/DM’d hundreds of peptiders thousands of words about this; it takes a good deal of verbiage to address all the related issues.

Thank you! I appreciate taking your time to reply!

Some users reported gelling on other platforms so I was curious about your experience. It does not look like it is an issue.

As for reconstituted pep/BAC it was only in relation to cargi. I use my recon peps till the last drop so whether it is 1 month or 12 months, it does not really bother me. The same goes for BAC water, I will use it till all 30ml are gone (which might take years at this point :) ).

Again, thank you so much for sharing!

Oh wow I didn’t know sema had better hunger suppression than tirz
It certainly didn't for my RS! Quickly went from sema .25 to the full 1 mg within 3 months trying to get appetite under control. Lost about 10 lbs during that 3 months but it was a constant struggle with appetite and food noise returning at only about a month in no matter how much I upped the dose! Gave up and went to tirz as soon as the sema was gone. Subject has been on tirz 5 mg for 8 weeks with very good appetite control, losing about 1 lb per week and currently seeing no need to titrate up.

My endocrinologist told me I could use the original sample Ozempic pen he gave me as long as the liquid was not cloudy despite Novo’s recommendation.

Anecdotally I gave my dear husband multiple 7 year expired Zofran ( for days ) when he had Covid. Personally I never throw out expired medication. It may or may not lose potency but it won’t hurt you.

It certainly didn't for my RS! Quickly went from sema .25 to the full 1 mg within 3 months trying to get appetite under control. Lost about 10 lbs during that 3 months but it was a constant struggle with appetite and food noise returning at only about a month in no matter how much I upped the dose! Gave up and went to tirz as soon as the sema was gone. Subject has been on tirz 5 mg for 8 weeks with very good appetite control, losing about 1 lb per week and currently seeing no need to titrate up.
That’s my experience with Tirz. Just took my 12.5 mg shot of (SRY) Tirz this past Saturday and feeling hungry today :’(

That’s my experience with Tirz. Just took my 12.5 mg shot of (SRY) Tirz this past Saturday and feeling hungry today :’(
Semaglutide at 1mg per week is not considered an effective "therapeutic" dose for weight loss. My comments about relative appetite suppression are based upon 2.4mg per week of Wegovy or research Semaglutide.

For me, a Sema dose at 2.4mg weekly is slightly MORE effective at suppressing my appetite than Tirzepatide at 12.5 mg weekly - call it 5X the effectiveness of Tirz by Volume. Reta is somewhat better with 2. 4mg Sema equal to 8-10mg Tirz - the ratio equal to about 1:4 or 4X as effective by volume. YMMV

What works very well for me is a mid-week dose of 0.300mg of Cagrilintide stacked atop my Reta 10-12mg weekly injection.

Here’s the thing everybody reacts differently. I felt no appetite suppression until my third dose of Wegovy 1 mg, but I lost 30 lbs those first three months. Now I have been on Zepbound since the first week in July started a month of 12.5 now 15 mg this week is literally the first week I am like nope can’t eat one more bite and I delayed my shot by 36 hours cause insurance is cutting me off. I normally do OMAD and eat what I want.

So I maxed out on Sema at 2.4, now maxed at Tirz at 15 mg. Planning on adding Reta low dose see if I can get the last pounds off. Personally I don’t think anyone should stop a medication until they are at max dose, it may not be the peptide but the dose. YMMV

Here’s the thing everybody reacts differently. I felt no appetite suppression until my third dose of Wegovy 1 mg, but I lost 30 lbs those first three months. Now I have been on Zepbound since the first week in July started a month of 12.5 now 15 mg this week is literally the first week I am like nope can’t eat one more bite and I delayed my shot by 36 hours cause insurance is cutting me off. I normally do OMAD and eat what I want.

So I maxed out on Sema at 2.4, now maxed at Tirz at 15 mg. Planning on adding Reta low dose see if I can get the last pounds off. Personally I don’t think anyone should stop a medication until they are at max dose, it may not be the peptide but the dose. YMMV
I agree about the near maximum doses - that’s where I’ve lost the most weight.

Peptide Gelling

GLP1 Use Before Date

My thoughts on this topic are that the Eli Lilly reconstituted peptides in their injectable pens have a "discard by" date that is a full year after the prescription is filled. Now, I know generally their stuff is flying out of pharmacies, but there has to be a few weeks between reconstitution, packaging, shipping, and dispensing. So that's easily a year plus...

My thoughts on this topic are that the Eli Lilly reconstituted peptides in their injectable pens have a "discard by" date that is a full year after the prescription is filled. Now, I know generally their stuff is flying out of pharmacies, but there has to be a few weeks between reconstitution, packaging, shipping, and dispensing. So that's easily a year plus...
And I think there is good reason to believe a properly refrigerated reconned research peptide would be effective at one year as well, TarHeel 👍

Semaglutide at 1mg per week is not considered an effective "therapeutic" dose for weight loss. My comments about relative appetite suppression are based upon 2.4mg per week of Wegovy or research Semaglutide.

For me, a Sema dose at 2.4mg weekly is slightly MORE effective at suppressing my appetite than Tirzepatide at 12.5 mg weekly - call it 5X the effectiveness of Tirz by Volume. Reta is somewhat better with 2. 4mg Sema equal to 8-10mg Tirz - the ratio equal to about 1:4 or 4X as effective by volume. YMMV

What works very well for me is a mid-week dose of 0.300mg of Cagrilintide stacked atop my Reta 10-12mg weekly injection.
Sorry, it's been a couple months since I was on Sema. I started at the usual 2.5 mg and gave up on it at 10.

I started my stack of Reta 1.5mg + Cagri 0.3mg alternating every 3 days.

So far so good, I'll increase in a month since it's a pretty low dose.

Trending content

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yanaga
Back