Hospira BAC water availability

So if the Hospira Bac water has a May 2025 expiration date, that means you can't use it after May 2025 even if unopened?
I'm wondering this too, but others are saying what they got recently has a Nov 2025 exp date. I have to think it will go beyond that, just as everything else can go past the exp date. It's just harder to make that call on something that's being injected.

1723823683366.png

This is the email I got from them last Sunday, and I ordered on Monday - still showing "Processing" 4 days later, so I suspect they are waiting on the new shipment to fill orders... or at least my order, lol. I specifically asked about exp date and said I was hoping it would be further out than Nov 2025. I have to think if the last stock was dated Nov 2025, that new stock would be further out. I will be upset if it isn't at least Nov 2025.

I'm wondering this too, but others are saying what they got recently has a Nov 2025 exp date. I have to think it will go beyond that, just as everything else can go past the exp date. It's just harder to make that call on something that's being injected.

View attachment 1297

This is the email I got from them last Sunday, and I ordered on Monday - still showing "Processing" 4 days later, so I suspect they are waiting on the new shipment to fill orders... or at least my order, lol. I specifically asked about exp date and said I was hoping it would be further out than Nov 2025. I have to think if the last stock was dated Nov 2025, that new stock would be further out. I will be upset if it isn't at least Nov 2025.
Shit. I ordered from peptide.shop and expiration is 5/25 on all of them and now I have quite a number of bottles and no way will I use them all by then, and I'll need bac water after that, so that means I just wasted $ and get to waste more $. Will you post expiration date when you receive yours?

If you order Hospira bac water from different sources, you might end up with vial labels that are different and wonder if you’ve been scammed. This question was posted on peppys yesterday to which I responded in detail. HealthFirst is tied to Hospira’s FDA NDA number and they have 5 approved options for vial labels. Hospira sourced bac water has 1 approved label. FDA approves med labels, packaging, and inserts/instructions. Info from National Library of Medicine. And now you know….

Attachments

• IMG_4743.jpeg
    IMG_4743.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4744.jpeg
    IMG_4744.jpeg
    506.8 KB · Views: 44

View attachment 1297

How did you respond to the question what is your practice, etc.

lol maybe i'm really missing out on what a sharp needle feels like, i wasn't finding the amazon ones to be a problem! where do you source yours from?
That is a great question. Here's the thing. The Easy Touch brand (or maybe it's BD ultra glide or something?) that is offered on Amazon is an awesome choice – but they will not send it to my address here in SC! Probably my state government hard at work, haha. But if YOU are able to order those brands on Amazon, you're getting great supplies. What I do now is order from actual diabetic supply places who, interestingly enough, WILL send those brands to my address. I had been using ADW – I think that's American diabetic warehouse – but now I am using Blowout Medical. And what I buy is the Easy Touch 1 ml 31g pack of 100 insulin syringes. And just so you know, I did try several other brands on Amazon because I am extremely budget conscious…but too many of them had dull or bent or just not glide-y needles. Or the plungers got stuck. Oh, and one more thing that my spoiled self has made a priority, I want syringes that have hash marks for every single decimal point, rather than two at a time. Anyway! As for what you're doing… my pals in Texas would say, If it ain't broke, don't fix it 😁

I asked 3 places about this - Precision Peptides and WestEndMedical current stock has a Nov 2025 exp date, and peptide source stock has May 2025 exp date.
Can only use up to expiration date. I emailed with tydes.is and best way to store unopened is cool dark place, fridge after opened. They currently have Nov 25 stock.

That is a great question. Here's the thing. The Easy Touch brand (or maybe it's BD ultra glide or something?) that is offered on Amazon is an awesome choice – but they will not send it to my address here in SC! Probably my state government hard at work, haha. But if YOU are able to order those brands on Amazon, you're getting great supplies. What I do now is order from actual diabetic supply places who, interestingly enough, WILL send those brands to my address. I had been using ADW – I think that's American diabetic warehouse – but now I am using Blowout Medical. And what I buy is the Easy Touch 1 ml 31g pack of 100 insulin syringes. And just so you know, I did try several other brands on Amazon because I am extremely budget conscious…but too many of them had dull or bent or just not glide-y needles. Or the plungers got stuck. Oh, and one more thing that my spoiled self has made a priority, I want syringes that have hash marks for every single decimal point, rather than two at a time. Anyway! As for what you're doing… my pals in Texas would say, If it ain't broke, don't fix it 😁
@Tomes

@dionysos has a link in his signature for syringes, that's what I got..bd brand. They are much better/sharper than Amazon options Like $25 for 90 5/16" 31ga 1cc.

I thought I posted the link in this thread somewhere, maybe it was another thread. I get lost answering the same question 20 times. I get it, it's easier to ask than spend 3 hours reading. I'm guilty of that myself.

But it's also possible you found some on Amazon that are ok, and not the garbage that myself and others have experienced.

Can only use up to expiration date. I emailed with tydes.is and best way to store unopened is cool dark place, fridge after opened. They currently have Nov 25 stock.
Of course they are going to say that! They will also tell you it's only good for 28 days after puncture, but many work out of a bottle for 2-3 months.

I have to think it's like anything else... The pharmacy and Drs will tell you to toss meds after 1 year, but I've taken things that expired 20 years ago. They aren't as potent, but were fine.

There's certainly more concern/fear/caution placed on anything injectable, but I have to think that the exp date is set as a precaution in case it's not stored properly. I can't imagine it being a problem going 2-3 months past exp if stored in a dark environment at the right temps. If anything, storing at the lowest recommended temp would allow for longer life, as higher temps, to a point, are where bacteria grows best.

I'm not a chemist, so I can't say with 100% certainty, and better safe than sorry, but if the exp date was 2-3 months ago, I've stored it properly, and there's no visible sign of contamination, I'll probably use it.. esp if it becomes impossible to find!

EDIT:
I saw on another site that a dr joined and is a peptide user. He offered to answer questions. If I can find that post again I will ask his opinion!

Last edited:
Of course they are going to say that! They will also tell you it's only good for 28 days after puncture, but many work out of a bottle for 2-3 months.

I have to think it's like anything else... The pharmacy and Drs will tell you to toss meds after 1 year, but I've taken things that expired 20 years ago. They aren't as potent, but were fine.

There's certainly more concern/fear/caution placed on anything injectable, but I have to think that the exp date is set as a precaution in case it's not stored properly. I can't imagine it being a problem going 2-3 months past exp if stored in a dark environment at the right temps. If anything, storing at the lowest recommended temp would allow for longer life, as higher temps, to a point, are where bacteria grows best.

I'm not a chemist, so I can't say with 100% certainty, and better safe than sorry, but if the exp date was 2-3 months ago, I've stored it properly, and there's no visible sign of contamination, I'll probably use it.. esp if it becomes impossible to find!
Agreed! Where do you store yours? It's not easy finding a cool dark place - can't figure out where in my apartment I should store the back water! I don't have a thermometer to tell me if the closet is cool, though it is dark, or if the cabinet is cool, though it is dark!

Agreed! Where do you store yours? It's not easy finding a cool dark place - can't figure out where in my apartment I should store the back water! I don't have a thermometer to tell me if the closet is cool, though it is dark, or if the cabinet is cool, though it is dark!
No need to overthink this Ming.
A kitchen cabinet or a bathroom medicine cabinet is quite satisfactory in re temperature.

No need to overthink this Ming.
A kitchen cabinet or a bathroom medicine cabinet is quite satisfactory in re temperature.
Thank you, @dionysos, much appreciated! I've got them in a closet. But all 5/25! Waiting for current stock expiration info from ebac-water and amsco medical. Tydes is 11/25. Can't believe I have to order more! Also, as I learned quite a while ago, can't buy insulin needles in NY without a prescription.

I don't have the guidelines handy, but it's something like between 66 and 78 degrees is the recommended storage. Basically room temp, so I THINK as long as it''s not on a window sill, above the stove/heater and stored in the dark, you should be good - so long as your home/apt has hvac. My house is always around 72-74 degrees except on rare occasions, so I just keep it in an old coffee can on a shelf away from heat sources/windows. I guess it would be ideal to have a temp controlled cabinet of some sort where you can keep it at the lowest recommended temp for perfection... but that seems a bit obsessive and expensive for $4 bottles of water.

I just posed the question of exp date - both punctured and unpunctured - to the resident physician who offered to answer questions, so I will report back with the answer, if/when he replies.

I don't have the guidelines handy, but it's something like between 66 and 78 degrees is the recommended storage. Basically room temp, so I THINK as long as it''s not on a window sill, above the stove/heater and stored in the dark, you should be good - so long as your home/apt has hvac. My house is always around 72-74 degrees except on rare occasions, so I just keep it in an old coffee can on a shelf away from heat sources/windows. I guess it would be ideal to have a temp controlled cabinet of some sort where you can keep it at the lowest recommended temp for perfection... but that seems a bit obsessive and expensive for $4 bottles of water.

I just posed the question of exp date - both punctured and unpunctured - to the resident physician who offered to answer questions, so I will report back with the answer, if/when he replies.
That's great! And yes a temp controlled cabinet is not in my future! $4 for water?

the ADW supplies place on @dionysos signature will ship to SC... I got a box last month.
For anyone in NY, you need a prescription for insulin needles from whatever place, and BD won't ship to NY via Amazon. I've found a place that does at least ship boxes of Easy Touch to NY, called medicana. And total diabetes.com will ship to NY but no more than 1 bag of 10 otherwise prescription required.

That is a great question. Here's the thing. The Easy Touch brand (or maybe it's BD ultra glide or something?) that is offered on Amazon is an awesome choice – but they will not send it to my address here in SC! Probably my state government hard at work, haha.
There is no prescription required for syringes in my state, and there are still Amazon sellers that do not ship to my address...it's very weird, as there is no law against it. I buy from Diabetic Warehouse and have had a good experience.

There is no prescription required for syringes in my state, and there are still Amazon sellers that do not ship to my address...it's very weird, as there is no law against it. I buy from Diabetic Warehouse and have had a good experience.
I discussed this issue with Amazon. It was over rooting hormone for plant cuttings. Like, why on earth would that not be allowed. I was able to buy a kit with rooting hormone levels 1, 3, & 8, but was not allowed to get just level 8 of the exact same thing. I was told the system that's used to mark items as not allowed in certain states is a MESS and not accurate. Not a lot of effort is going into fixing it because it takes a lot of documentation and time to fix each item individually, by state.

Thank you, @dionysos, much appreciated! I've got them in a closet. But all 5/25! Waiting for current stock expiration info from ebac-water and amsco medical. Tydes is 11/25. Can't believe I have to order more! Also, as I learned quite a while ago, can't buy insulin needles in NY without a prescription.
I just got some from ebac water and the expiration date is June 2026

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItzJay
Back