I'm going to shoot for losing 100 pounds in 6 months

F that sheldon cooper, lol. If i do protein powder there's no room left to enjoy any real food. I can go and enjoy sashimi or have a protein shake. Or have small portions of cocktail shrimp or lobster small steak, oysters clams.

My wife and i have been discussing this. What gives you the best protein bang for the calories. Like a (mg protein/calories) ratio. We didn't find that powders have any significantly higher ratio than eating real food that you can enjoy. If you know of something let me know. I don't know if a can drink these disgusting things long term though.

I've always been a huge protein eater. If someone gave me a pasta dish, i'd eat the protein off the top and throw the rest in the trash. Never ate dessert.

Nobody eats tuna in oil anymore. I'm not that big an idiot.

I eat 10-12 pieces of fried chicken for OMAD but i still get fat. KETO does not work for me. I have to drastically restrict calories and eat only protein to make this work.
Add an essential amino acid (EAA) to help supplement your protein. There are shake and pill forms. I had a really hard time hitting my protein requirements and my hair started to fall out and my nails were becoming brittle. I added an EAA (pill form) and by the second week of adding it, my hair stopped falling out. EAAs are not meant to replace your protein, they are a supplement so you still need to try and hit your protein goals. They are the building blocks of protein and help your body better absorb more of the protein that you consume.

Add an essential amino acid (EAA) to help supplement your protein. There are shake and pill forms. I had a really hard time hitting my protein requirements and my hair started to fall out and my nails were becoming brittle. I added an EAA (pill form) and by the second week of adding it, my hair stopped falling out. EAAs are not meant to replace your protein, they are a supplement so you still need to try and hit your protein goals. They are the building blocks of protein and help your body better absorb more of the protein that you consume.
thank you that's very good information. you're awesome. 0 calories in EAA

on another note.
i got a vial of reta yesterday and like a crack addict rushed into the house to shoot up. I'm thinking on the first shot of any vial just a little bit (1/2 minimum dose?) and wait overnight to see if there is any bad reaction then full dose the next day.

Last edited:

on another note.
i got a vial of reta yesterday and like a crack addict rushed into the house to shoot up. I'm thinking on the first shot of any vial just a little bit (1/2 minimum dose?) and wait overnight to see if there is any bad reaction then full dose the next day.
You’re welcome! I don’t have any experience with Reta, only Tirz and Teso. But plenty others here could chime in on their Reta experience.

So the thing is. Right now i'm eating almost nothing because i think its going to hurt to put it in. My digestive system has slowed to a crawl. My back was hurting last night. I was able to go just enough to relive that this morning.

on another note.
I am sure you must know, but just a reminder that Reta increases appetite as it revs up metabolism. Weight loss still occurs in spite of – or perhaps because of – increased caloric intake.

I am sure you must know, but just a reminder that Reta increases appetite as it revs up metabolism. Weight loss still occurs in spite of – or perhaps because of – increased caloric intake.
sorry to be in disagreement with everyone but i'm not hungry at all. I try not to be led by what i'm supposed to experience but really be very objective. It's still making me stiff in the morning so i know this latest vial is good too (ac peptides new vs peptide sciences old). I'm going to start a vial of AMOPURE as soon as it gets here to make sure i get the same experience. I just wish everything didn't slow down my digestion so much.

sorry to be in disagreement with everyone but i'm not hungry at all. I try not to be led by what i'm supposed to experience but really be very objective. It's still making me stiff in the morning so i know this latest vial is good too (ac peptides new vs peptide sciences old). I'm going to start a vial of AMOPURE as soon as it gets here to make sure i get the same experience. I just wish everything didn't slow down my digestion so much.
Forgive me if I misunderstood … but didn't you tell us you just started taking Reta on Thursday? And today is Saturday? I don't mean to be contrary, but with most of these medications, doesn't it often take time and titration to really experience the common and/or intended effects? For example, increased appetite and accelerated metabolism? Regardless, I wish you all success in safely achieving your goals.

Forgive me if I misunderstood … but didn't you tell us you just started taking Reta on Thursday? And today is Saturday? I don't mean to be contrary, but with most of these medications, doesn't it often take time and titration to really experience the common and/or intended effects? For example, increased appetite and accelerated metabolism? Regardless, I wish you all success in safely achieving your goals.
thursday i got my second vial from AC peptides r22. I had already gone thru a r6 from peptide sciences

4 lbs a week is not a healthy weight loss amount. 1 pound of fat is 3500 calories, so in order to lose 4 lbs a week, you'd have to eat at a 2000 calorie deficit every day. Slow and steady wins the race. 1-2 lbs per week is a healthy rate to lose.

4 lbs a week is not a healthy weight loss amount. 1 pound of fat is 3500 calories, so in order to lose 4 lbs a week, you'd have to eat at a 2000 calorie deficit every day. Slow and steady wins the race. 1-2 lbs per week is a healthy rate to lose.
Depends on how much fat mass one has to start . A short term VLCD can be done safely. I am down 87 lbs in 119 days from a 1200 calorie diet.

I think philosophies are changing. The intermittent fast is becoming very popular. Long term hard core fasts are showing good health benefits. It forces your body to "rebuild" itself. There's some info on redditt.

Tirz and reta work so well I can go a few days without eating anything and never get hungry and that's on the minimum doses. When I get out of the hot tub I feel very light headed though and taking my BP i'm getting like 70/40 but it recovers fast.

I've got ketosis going. Had a sashima delux 21pc on Sunday, then just a can of kipper snacks on Monday. Nothing yet today. The test strip shows purple but not the darkest yet.
Can you say more about a test strip? What does it do, where do u buy it? Is there one for RETA? Ty!

Can you say more about a test strip? What does it do, where do u buy it? Is there one for RETA? Ty!
I think he’s referring to ketone test strips. It measures the amount of ketone bodies detected in your urine. The color of the strip is compared to a color scale usually printed along the side of the ketone strip container. The darker colors, purple in this case, is usually an indicator of being in a state of ketosis typically brought about by prolonged fasting. The strip is not peptide related.

I think he’s referring to ketone test strips. It measures the amount of ketone bodies detected in your urine. The color of the strip is compared to a color scale usually printed along the side of the ketone strip container. The darker colors, purple in this case, is usually an indicator of being in a state of ketosis typically brought about by prolonged fasting. The strip is not peptide related.
Hi Goodvibes- thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question -- thoroughly too. Continued success on your glp-1 journey!

Hi Goodvibes- thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question -- thoroughly too. Continued success on your glp-1 journey!
You’re very welcome! Everyone here is pretty friendly and helpful. Ask as much as you need! Wishing you much success in your journey!

I have heard that fasting can prevent the gallbladder from emptying completely which can cause gallstones to form. I stopped intermittent fasting and have started eating small bites through the day. Don't know how true the gallstone thing is but if it is anything like a kidney stone, I say no thanks!

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back