Syringe Filter

The more I read, the more confused I become!

If I use this filter:
  • The end of the filter that connects to the syringe is a luer lock. Which means the syringe must be a luer lock.
  • The end of the filter that connects to the needle is a luer slip. Which means the needle must be a luer slip.
If I understand correctly, would that would mean I need two different types of needles:
  • a lock needle to connect to the syringe for drawing the reconstituted peptide
  • a slip needle to connect to the filter for filtering and injecting into a new vial?
Is that right?
Luer lock are Luer slip compatible usually, they just don't screw but stay in place with friction

4mm filters steal 7 units and will work for filtering up to 4ml.

13mm filters steal 28 units and are good for up to 8ml - I think it is.

I don't see any reason to use a filter larger than 13mm.

You can also pre-wet the filter with bac, and air purge after filtering to help reclaim a bit of what they steal/absorb. Just don't blast anything through with high pressure as it can rupture the filter. Slow and steady. If it fails, start over with a new filter and don't press so hard, lol

PeptideTest has some YT videos about this.
Hey, does 4mm really work up to 4ml? Everything i've seen online has mentioned 1-2ml max. Wondering if you've tried 3-4ml personally.

Just so I am clear about this -
lock syringe + lock needles will work. no need at all for a slip needle?
thank you 🙏🏽
Correct. You can buy a set (syringe & needle) already together and then a pack/box of needles for after you attach the filter, but they don’t need to be slip.

If you’re looking for sterile 4mm filters, Peptest sells them. Do note, every filter has different specs. I use 13mm and they suit me just fine.

Revo posted a source for 4mm filters yesterday for relatively cheap.

Back