Amopure stinging (here we go again)

Once you know what to expect I do not think it is very bad. Everyone has their own pain tolerance. For me the worst part is the itching. I would call it a 3. It hurts less than a bee sting or tetanus shot.
For me it feels very different. I would say a 8/10. Never had the feeling I have a low pain tolerance.

Have you considered adding Lidocaine HCl Injection or injecting site first? I have not tried it myself.
I have used Lidocaine HCL for other things, like ill advised at home cosmetic procedures. LOL. I think that it can be really dangerous if you get it in the wrong place or too deep. It is great to have in your kit though for those "just in case" situations.

For me it feels very different. I would say a 8/10. Never had the feeling I have a low pain tolerance.
An 8! I've shattered an arm and have a 12" plate! I spent almost a year inpatient and got a liver transplant...3 hernia surgeries! N O N E of that registered an 8. (Not competing, just comparing)

No offense but you are either really young and in for a life of pain or something is horribly wrong with your product. The good news is you can throw it away and try somebody else's. By doing so you haven't lost anything, you learned something. When we order gray we can fully expect to lose $, expect some level of BS or get crap product (if we even get it). I made an expensive crypto error last month... Money into black hole but today's purchase at .67/mg + that loss is still cheaper than 3wks on Lilly.

An 8! I've shattered an arm and have a 12" plate! I spent almost a year inpatient and got a liver transplant...3 hernia surgeries! N O N E of that registered an 8. (Not competing, just comparing)

No offense but you are either really young and in for a life of pain or something is horribly wrong with your product. The good news is you can throw it away and try somebody else's. By doing so you haven't lost anything, you learned something. When we order gray we can fully expect to lose $, expect some level of BS or get crap product (if we even get it). I made an expensive crypto error last month... Money into black hole but today's purchase at .67/mg + that loss is still cheaper than 3wks on Lilly.
I was lucky to never had an operation or never had something really bad happen to me. Don’t judge me for that. I am still reasonably young. For me it feels very painful!

It’s not just about the pain, I just don’t feel comfortable injecting something into my body that hurts me that much. I never had a lot of health problems and I would like to keep it that way…

But you are right, it’s just money I’ve lost, there are worst things…

Last edited:
I was lucky to never had an operation or never had something really bad happen to me. Don’t judge me for that. I am still reasonably young. For me it feels very painful!

It’s not just about the pain, I just don’t feel comfortable injecting something into my body that hurts me that much. I never had a lot of health problems and I would like to keep it that way…

But you are right, it’s just money I’ve lost, there are worst things…
Good of you to understand what I was trying to get across. Not judging at all. Some people can't even get past using a 💉 so you've got a leg up there...lotsa vendors, lotsa product options if the issue proves to be Tirz

No stinging!

Found this forum and chain AFTER I purchased a kit of Tirz 60mg, so was a bit nervous with what I was about to receive. Just received and tried and wanted to share results.

Kit: Amopure L60 (ordered 10/1, received 10/9)
BAC: Hospira, 3mL
Needle: Clever Choice Comfort EZ 31g, 1/2 cc, 5/16"
Injected: 17.5 units / 3.5mg

Some initial gelling after adding BAC. With slight agitation, dissipated within minutes.

Result: no stinging!
Same for me with the L60 I purchased back on 8/28; felt nothing at all upon injection. I posted my pH results in another thread, along with the pH of my last compounded Red Rock vial. Nothing remarkable there. I've been reading all of the posts about those who have stinging from Amo purchases and I don't recal seeing anyone post about it from an L60 batch. Unless I missed it.

I wouldn't blame anyone at all for discontinuing research with the product if the stinging was anywhere above a mild annoyance. No reason to even take that risk when the cost is so low, and other suppliers exist.

Agree with above, at most you lost out on like 1 month of compounding priced tirz. The cost savings

Same for me with the L60 I purchased back on 8/28; felt nothing at all upon injection. I posted my pH results in another thread, along with the pH of my last compounded Red Rock vial. Nothing remarkable there. I've been reading all of the posts about those who have stinging from Amo purchases and I don't recal seeing anyone post about it from an L60 batch. Unless I missed it.
I actually do remember someone that had L60 that stung.

But my prior post stands, my opinion hasn’t changed.

Some are more sensitive than others, it is what it is.

I had emailed Amo last week when I had placed my order. I asked about the stinging some have experienced. Their reply included this:

Specifically, we have thoroughly investigated concerns regarding any discomfort (burning) caused by the “stinging” sensation and have adjusted our formula to enhance the experience. We have not received any complaints about a burning sensation from recent batches, but rest assured that we will continue to monitor and address any concerns closely. Should you encounter any issues, please feel free to contact us so that we can assist you promptly​

just took a shot of "legit" tirz from a compound provider, which I have been using since may, and its stinging so yeah, I do not think stinging means too much

will be using my amopure stinging or no stinging come time for it when I run out in the next month or so of compounded
Same experience with me. No stinging from pharmacy compound for a few weeks, then stinging/burning (about 15 minutes) for 3 weeks in a row. Another person using same vial, never experienced sting/burn.

Same experience with me. No stinging from pharmacy compound for a few weeks, then stinging/burning (about 15 minutes) for 3 weeks in a row. Another person using same vial, never experienced sting/burn.
We must be extremely sensitive to something in the product which is a bummer. After they told me for the sixt time they adjusted the formula I asked them what they specifically adjusted to make it less stinging but they apparently cannot share this information.

The thing is that if it is true that only a few of us are allergic to something in the product they should refund us. We are a super small percentage of their huge sales, they wouldn’t even feel it. And yes I know it is gray market but they say they value customer experience so much, they should at least do an effort for those who can’t use the product imho.

Hello!

Thank you for your inquiry.

We have sold a large number of research products, and the proportion of reports related to stinging is very low. Due to individual differences in sensitivity, we are continuously improving our products to meet the needs of the

As for formula adjustments, this is confidential information within our company. Only authorized personnel are aware of it, and we are unable to disclose at present.

I hope you can understand.

Last edited:
Hoe hard does it sting in a scale of 10?
it wasn't bad, more of "this is annoying", so i'd agree maybe a 2-3 for about 15 minutes then it went away. no itching as another poster said, but again this wasn't amopure, this was from my local compound pharmacy (which I've never had stinging before).

We must be extremely sensitive to something in the product which is a bummer. After they told me for the sixt time they adjusted the formula I asked them what they specifically adjusted to make it less stinging but they apparently cannot share this information.

The thing is that if it is true that only a few of us are allergic to something in the product they should refund us. We are a super small percentage of their huge sales, they wouldn’t even feel it. And yes I know it is gray market but they say they value customer experience so much, they should at least do an effort for those who can’t use the product imho.

Hello!

Thank you for your inquiry.

We have sold a large number of research products, and the proportion of reports related to stinging is very low. Due to individual differences in sensitivity, we are continuously improving our products to meet the needs of the

As for formula adjustments, this is confidential information within our company. Only authorized personnel are aware of it, and we are unable to disclose at present.

I hope you can understand.
I actually think your logic is flawed. If only a very few experienced stinging then obviously that’s a you problem and not a product problem. As a company you set yourself up for an onslaught of claims and lost revenue based on what, the experience of the very few?

I believe you have experienced stinging but since the vast majority of users don’t why should they refund you? Would you seek a refund from Big Pharma if you had the same experience?

I would try injecting in your thigh maybe you will be less sensitive there.

PS in medicine we use the pain scale all the time. When I would ask a patient their level of pain I would often say Zero is no pain and 10 is you would rather be dead, 8 is not a small amount of pain, it’s writhing, agonizing, crying levels of pain. If that’s what you experienced get rid of it and don’t pin yourself again.

I actually think your logic is flawed. If only a very few experienced stinging then obviously that’s a you problem and not a product problem. As a company you set yourself up for an onslaught of claims and lost revenue based on what, the experience of the very few?

I believe you have experienced stinging but since the vast majority of users don’t why should they refund you? Would you seek a refund from Big Pharma if you had the same experience?

I would try injecting in your thigh maybe you will be less sensitive there.

PS in medicine we use the pain scale all the time. When I would ask a patient their level of pain I would often say Zero is no pain and 10 is you would rather be dead, 8 is not a small amount of pain, it’s writhing, agonizing, crying levels of pain. If that’s what you experienced get rid of it and don’t pin yourself again.
I have so much pain injecting Amo that I can’t do the full injection so yes it’s not an itch, it’s not anoying, it is agonising for me. And honestly if I had this agonising feeling with big pharna products I would contact them and ask them for a refund as well. Also we don’t know how many people out there have problems with this but I guess there are a few since the company is fully aware of the problem. In the past some people on this forum have been fully refunded after experiencing strong bruning so why shouldn’t I and why shouldn’t I at least try? Let’s agree to disagree on this one shall we? There’s no way you could know what kind of pain this is causing me. Extreme allergic reactions can be very painful and even deadly. Someone can eat peanuts and have no problem at all; the other person can eat them and be dead in a matter of minutes. If you are not aware of the full story don’t form an opinion on it.

I also want to add that before ordering I asked them about the stinging because I read about it on this forum. They assured me that the problem had been resolved. They lied! I think I have the right to be asking for a refund.

Back