Amopure stinging (here we go again)

Random conjecture (not a well thought out hypothesis or study etc....)...the tirzepatide patent actually discusses stinging.

"
View attachment 2514
"

So maybe Amopure is just not mixing the right mix of additives to match tonicity (sometimes) ?

If I understand what I'm reading, it says something about the solution matching with the body fluids. Could that mean that people will reach differently, depending on how closely the solution matches the body fluids? Meaning, everybody's different?

Random conjecture (not a well thought out hypothesis or study etc....)...the tirzepatide patent actually discusses stinging.

"
View attachment 2514
"

So maybe Amopure is just not mixing the right mix of additives to match tonicity (sometimes) ?

And, this patent is from 1996. Has this stuff been around for almost 30 years?

There's a lot of companies selling peptides. Amopure isn't doing anything new or unique.
their barrier to entry seems rather... unique? how many vendors have a website, offer 60mg kits and offer paypal/applepay/googlepay/klarna etc with quick shipping? i'm sure it's not a very long list, at least specific to tirz.

"
View attachment 2514
"

Never heard of tonicity. Again, I wonder if this is the reason for the stinging sometimes reported?

Tonicity is a measure of how a solution affects the volume of cells by changing their water content. It's determined by whether a solution is hypotonic, isotonic, or hypertonic:
  • Hypotonic: Cells swell due to water entering the cell
  • Isotonic: Cells do not change volume because there is a balance of water inside and outside the cell
  • Hypertonic: Cells shrink due to water leaving the cell

This is an absolutely great find. I wonder if using more BAC water, as someone else suggested, really is the best solution until Amo makes some changes to their formulation.
It might not be a matter of Amo changing their formulation. Could it be differences in individuals?

Tonicity is a measure of how a solution affects the volume of cells by changing their water content. It's determined by whether a solution is hypotonic, isotonic, or hypertonic:
  • Isotonic: Cells do not change volume because there is a balance of water inside and outside the cell

And, this patent is from 1996. Has this stuff been around for almost 30 years?
That seems like the date of the journal they're quoting. I see the patent from 2019. (But it wouldn't surprise me if they knew about it for 30 years and never told us too 🥲)

Update on the burning L10. I filtered everything, put the product in new sterile vials. Still burning. I am actually a bit fed up with it. I hoped for another outcome. Not going to use the product anymore and will never order with Amo again. As said in this topic already. It is my own responsibility. The search for a good vendor continues.
Could this explain the stinging you experience?

Again, from Amopure (broken pucks to be expected)
I'm curious about the change from powder to a hard puck. If that's caused by jiggling around during shipping that causes the powder to pack down, that can't be good, can it? I ask because the instructions for reconstituting say not to shake the solution but to roll it gently or let it sit and dissolve. The product is too fragile to withstand shaking the vial.

I have a theory about the stinging which may or may not be true. I am a nurse who now works in a med spa 2 days a week, my retirement job. Been a nurse 34 years. All I do is poke people all day. IM injections, IV’s, and blood draws.

Some people tolerate it, some don’t even though they are all doing it by choice. Each individual has their own tolerance for pain. One time it hurts the next time it doesn’t. Our reactions are often not correlated to how we think we feel.

My best advice is reconstitute early, don’t inject cold peps, and be quick about it. It shouldn’t be the needle that hurts, and occasional burning without a site reaction might happen without a reason.

PS I am not discounting anyone’s personal experience and I’m not saying your doing anything wrong.
I'm still using the tirz I got from a compounding pharmacy before the FDA situation. These are my reactions from the same vial, the same type of syringes, same person.

1. Didn't feel a thing. No needle poke, no nothing.
2. Stung/hurt a little bit while injecting
3. Hurt and left a 2-week bruise at the injection site.
4. The poke pinched a little but not much
5. Hurt and left a 2-week bruise.
6. Nothing to report.
7. A little pinch
8. Didn't feel a thing

It seems like every week is different.

I'm curious about the change from powder to a hard puck. If that's caused by jiggling around during shipping that causes the powder to pack down, that can't be good, can it? I ask because the instructions for reconstituting say not to shake the solution but to roll it gently or let it sit and dissolve. The product is too fragile to withstand shaking the vial.
The puck is formed during the lyophilization process. From what I've seen talked about in other forums, some of these peps aren't quite as fragile as they're made out to be. If they can survive shipping halfway across the globe, I doubt a gentle shake during reconstitution would have a big impact.

I actually have a question reconstituting. Maybe if I use less BAC water the stinging isn’t as heavy because I have to inject less liquid into my system? Or will the fact that it is less diluted make it sting even more? I always used 2ml BAC water on a concentration of 10mg peptide, would it help to use 1ml instead?
I thought the recipe was 1 to 1. 1 ml bac to 10mg peptide. That's kind of 1 to 1.

20mg peptide, 2 ml bac.

30 mg peptide, 3 ml bac.

Is that right?

Injected RS about an hour ago with the vial that gelled during reconstitution. Went up to 10mg dose this week.

Zero burning/stinging reported, everything was normal just like with the previous vial. Will report back in a day or two if there are any updates.

I was lazy and didnt backfill another syringe today, and damn that stopper blunts the needle lol literally my only complaint at this point with amo

edit: just to note, I reconstituted this vial 3-4 days ago. A small portion stuck to the side, a gelish substance that took a few extra minutes to reconstitute. There is a picture a few pages back where I discussed this. I'm not injecting my rs with gel lmao

Last edited:
Injected RS about an hour ago with the vial that gelled during reconstitution. Went up to 10mg dose this week.

Zero burning/stinging reported, everything was normal just like with the previous vial. Will report back in a day or two if there are any updates.

I was lazy and didnt backfill another syringe today, and damn that stopper blunts the needle lol literally my only complaint at this point with amo
You injected one that gelled? Did it un-gel before you made it part of your body?

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleBuck
Back