Hospira BAC water availability

I received my case from AMSCO and the exp is Nov 2025.
TYVM! seems like this is the best date available atm. This is the 3rd place now with that date. I'm waiting to hear back from 1 more place B4 I order, but suspect it's the same or sooner.

I'm new here (used to just using compounded stuff), and I know slightly off topic, but what syringes are you all using to reconstitute the BAC water with your peptides? just trying to have everything in order with Lilly being annoying.
:)

I ordered today, Thurs 9AUG. UPS tracking says it will be delivered to Michigan Monday 12AUG. FYI, the 15% discount was applied automatically, even though I only ordered 1 bottle.

when you receive your order can you please tell the expiration date? thank you!

I'm new here (used to just using compounded stuff), and I know slightly off topic, but what syringes are you all using to reconstitute the BAC water with your peptides? just trying to have everything in order with Lilly being annoying.
Bectin-Dickinson 1cc 31gauge 5/16” needle for the win!

Links on my Profile page in the Fast Start GLP1 Guide or my Signature line.

And WELCOME!!!

I can't imagine ever having issues getting syringes. And you'll get a variety of answers. I use a 3ml syringe with 22 guage 1" needle for recon. I get them from Amazon.

Syringes for Injection are a different animal. I've found the ones on Amazon are not sharp, so I switched to these:

Bectin-Dickinson 1cc 31gauge 5/16” needle for the win!

Links on my Profile page in the Fast Start GLP1 Guide or my Signature line.

And WELCOME!!!
oh I thought you needed a special "bigger" syringe to suck out more of the BAC (2 ml / 3 ml) for when you mix it with the peptide. thank you for your guides and all that you do I have used your info a ton :)

so it stared with buying domestic and reconstituting, and using their COAs, to now buying overseas and testing myself. To now being at a point where bac water may legit be a pain to source?
That said the prep’er in me has been messing around with making my own saline bac solutions to reduce volume of dosages. Its is a little like reconstituting peptides except the vial you start of with is empty, and you have 2 - 3 sterile solutions to work with and mix into the one. it can be done.

18 months later: ok folks… hear me out… soo I’m thinking we can synthesise our own peptide chains using the following method…

so it stared with buying domestic and reconstituting, and using their COAs, to now buying overseas and testing myself. To now being at a point where bac water may legit be a pain to source?
That said the prep’er in me has been messing around with making my own saline bac solutions to reduce volume of dosages. Its is a little like reconstituting peptides except the vial you start of with is empty, and you have 2 - 3 sterile solutions to work with and mix into the one. it can be done.

18 months later: ok folks… hear me out… soo I’m thinking we can synthesise our own peptide chains using the following method…
This is the way! lol!!!

Also question since I recently bought a whole box of BAC -- should we worry about the exp? Has it been confirmed the alcohol degrades in some way even when sealed? Or is the exp just there for legal reasons?

Also question since I recently bought a whole box of BAC -- should we worry about the exp? Has it been confirmed the alcohol degrades in some way even when sealed? Or is the exp just there for legal reasons?
This is so dumb. It's water with alcohol, this isn't a controlled substance. Eli Lilly gets more cringe by the day.
I regret to tell you @meowTime that Bacteriostatic Water for Injection IS a prescription medicine and therefore under a variety of state and Federal regulations.

That doesn't make the Lily official oppression situation any less absurd, of course.

I regret to tell you @meowTime that Bacteriostatic Water for Injection IS a prescription medicine and therefore under a variety of state and Federal regulations.

That doesn't make the Lily official oppression situation any less absurd, of course.
But can I safely use my Nov 2025 exp BAC water 6 months after its expiration for my totally real and legit prescription that I definitely have?

I would.
Benzyl alcohol is very stable. As a reagent-grade chemical it is considered to have a shelf life of 3 years unopened at room temperature per the American Chemical Society.

As we speak there is a year's supply of Bacteriostatic Water in my mailbox. I can easily see myself using the last of it, say two years from now.

So for someone like me, who is very new to this, how many vials would be a year's supply? (planning on placing an order....maybe tonight)
I would.
Benzyl alcohol is very stable. As a reagent-grade chemical it is considered to have a shelf life of 3 years unopened at room temperature per the American Chemical Society.

As we speak there is a year's supply of Bacteriostatic Water in my mailbox. I can easily see myself using the last of it, say two years from now.

Anyone else still using Amazon bac water (going for top-reviewed, with high volume of recent reviews), and insulin syringes, and never had a problem? Or just me?

And BTW, thanks for the AMSCO Medical bulk order tip. It's on the Bac Water Sources link now.
FYI you don't have to order these in bulk, there's an option to order individual bottles for $3 each (though if you live on the west coast, there's a flat $15 cost for shipping and fuel surcharge - still a great price if you're getting 5+).

Back