Hospira BAC water availability

Can I ask why you want to add bac water to the vial after you split? To have more volume to inject?
To have more volume to inject? A little bit. There is a little bit that I lose in the deadspace of the syringe. However, I'm more concerned about the Zepbound going bad in my refrigerator in the weeks after I split it. I don't know whether I should be worried about such a short time frame.

To have more volume to inject? A little bit. There is a little bit that I lose in the deadspace of the syringe. However, I'm more concerned about the Zepbound going bad in my refrigerator in the weeks after I split it. I don't know whether I should be worried about such a short time frame.
You do not need to worry about brand name Zepbound going bad it has preservatives and is very stable

I'm not really sure if people think there's a massive shortage... Maybe in early 2023.

Anymore, here's a solid link to Pfizer 30mL… I'm on various boards for other stuff and none of us have issues getting it through MedEx. I've passed this along every chance I get to help people out.

Sure you have to buy 25, $86, but I've got it 25% after so many orders. I bought it $68 last time with a special they were running. I've got quite a bit and I've been buying from these guys for a long time. They've never been "out of stock" 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for this! I've got enough for a while but always great to have another source! I always wish these places would state the expiration date on the websites.

You do not need to worry about brand name Zepbound going bad it has preservatives and is very stable
I don't know whether I need to worry about brand-name Zepbound going bad if I'm splitting pens. I do know that it doesn't contain a preservative. Section 11 of the US prescribing directions says that Zepbound is "preservative-free." https://uspl.lilly.com/zepbound/zepbound.html#pi My guess is that I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. While splitting pens into a vial doesn't maintain perfect sterility since I'm placing it vial and that requires puncturing the top of a self-healing vial, I suspect that it sufficiently maintains cleanliness that the solution will be fine for the next few weeks.

I don't know whether I need to worry about brand-name Zepbound going bad if I'm splitting pens. I do know that it doesn't contain a preservative. Section 11 of the US prescribing directions says that Zepbound is "preservative-free." https://uspl.lilly.com/zepbound/zepbound.html#pi My guess is that I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. While splitting pens into a vial doesn't maintain perfect sterility since I'm placing it vial and that requires puncturing the top of a self-healing vial, I suspect that it sufficiently maintains cleanliness that the solution will be fine for the next few weeks.
I shoot a family member’s pens into a sterile vial. Then I add some BAC water, as she gets two doses out of each pen.

FYI- I ordered a case of BAC water from AMSCO on 10/11. They sent me an email on 10/14 asking for my medical license. I didn't respond and the order is still sitting in open status, it has not shipped. It sounds like others were purely lucky who had their order shipped w/o providing a med license. Mine doesn't look like it's going to ship so I am going to request a refund.

I would recommend using another vendor going forward.

FYI- I ordered a case of BAC water from AMSCO on 10/11. They sent me an email on 10/14 asking for my medical license. I didn't respond and the order is still sitting in open status, it has not shipped. It sounds like others were purely lucky who had their order shipped w/o providing a med license. Mine doesn't look like it's going to ship so I am going to request a refund.

I would recommend using another vendor going forward.
Yeah I guess because of the recent orders they're being assholes about the licenses now! Id give it about 2 more days and if nothing happens def request a refund, they're probably not sending you anything!

I guess I got lucky the first and second times. I initially ordered 5 bottles the first time and ordered a case the second time, but this was around early September. I got a request for a medical license but ignored it at the time.
Probably because it was In sept they probably weren't getting a influx of orders and were more lenient, guess they chose to switch it up now! 🤷🏻‍♀️

As an aside, they also have small vials of sterile water at low cost.

A friend simply cannot tolerate bac, so the protocol has become using sterile water with the understand that everything is single use. (Appropriate sized kits of course.)

On the bottom of page 11 of the Prescribing Information for Zepbound, the “preservative-free” part is somewhat misleading because it is specifically referring to the active ingredient tirzepatide. “Each single-dose pen or single-dose vial contains preservative-free 0.5 mL solution of 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 7.5 mg, 10 mg, 12.5 mg, or 15 mg of tirzepatide and
the following excipients: sodium chloride (4.1 mg), sodium phosphate dibasic heptahydrate (0.7 mg), and water for injection.” If you notice the part about excipients (substances used to preserve, stabilize, and/or enhance drugs) those are what I was referring to as preservatives.

As a nurse I wouldn't want to add more volume if avoidable but it isn't necessary to add bacteriostatic water as a preservative for Zepbound. When stored in the refrigerator (2-8C/35.6-46.4F) it is good for 24 months from date of manufacture.

Peptide shop Hospira arrived today! 5 vials, each with November 1 2025 expiry date.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hk7580
Back