Votes: 83 26.8%
  • Research Tirzepatide

Votes: 194 62.6%
  • Something Else

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Research Retatrutide

Votes: 28 9.0%

• Total voters
Currently stacking sema with tirz each week. Had been stuck with tirz at 15. I’m praying this titrate does the titrate trick.
Literally the same. Hit 15mg on TZ at the beginning of November and by Thanksgiving stalled out down 64lbs from when I started on MJ originally last April. December-March was pretty crazy for me so I just kept rolling with 15mg but weight stayed steady.

Was tinkering with the idea of adding some RT since a number of people have had success breaking stalls with it, but I was still reluctant to try it since it hasn't had hundreds of thousands of people on it like TZ and SG and there have been a couple of heart issues in the studies.

Began adding .25mg of SG at the beginning of April, and after 2 weeks went to .5mg and bingo all the appetite suppression came back and I lost 8 more lbs. Technically according to the tables I should be a max of 167lbs for my height to be considered "healthy", but that would mean losing another 67lbs which I'm not sure can happen (I also look like a cancer patient under 175lbs.). I was originally aiming for 180lbs but honestly I think as long as I can get below 200 and stay there I'll be happy.

Literally the same. Hit 15mg on TZ at the beginning of November and by Thanksgiving stalled out down 64lbs from when I started on MJ originally last April. December-March was pretty crazy for me so I just kept rolling with 15mg but weight stayed steady.

Was tinkering with the idea of adding some RT since a number of people have had success breaking stalls with it, but I was still reluctant to try it since it hasn't had hundreds of thousands of people on it like TZ and SG and there have been a couple of heart issues in the studies.

Began adding .25mg of SG at the beginning of April, and after 2 weeks went to .5mg and bingo all the appetite suppression came back and I lost 8 more lbs. Technically according to the tables I should be a max of 167lbs for my height to be considered "healthy", but that would mean losing another 67lbs which I'm not sure can happen (I also look like a cancer patient under 175lbs.). I was originally aiming for 180lbs but honestly I think as long as I can get below 200 and stay there I'll be happy.
I had those cardiac issues with RT. I already have mitral valve prolapse and it triggered it constantly... but it broke a stall lmao.

Im a little confused. I see this list here and wanting to know what's difference between Compounded Tirzepatide and Research Tirzepatide. I thought they were the same and one was just already mixed.

Im a little confused. I see this list here and wanting to know what's difference between Compounded Tirzepatide and Research Tirzepatide. I thought they were the same and one was just already mixed.
Ideally they are the same medication and delivered at the same concentration. “Research” Tirzepatide could be thought of as the DIY version of “Compounded” Tirzepatide. Both begin with lyophilized Tirzepatide but one is reconstituted by professionals while the other is hacked together by uh ME!

Compounded Tirzepatide is produced by a licensed compounding pharmacy using the base ingredients of the commercially available product and at the request of a provider's prescription for a specific person. Delivered form may be in liquid form (reconstituted or diluted, ready for use) or in lypholized powder form which will require reconstition. Compounded Tirz is generally cheaper than the commercially available product (moujaro/zepbound). Online clinics commonly source glp1 products from a compounding pharmacy for their customers.

Research Tirzepatide is not intended for human use and there is no requirement for a provider prescription. Research Tirz is mostly in lypholized powder form requiring reconstitution with bacteriostatic water or other diluting liquid. Price is significantly cheaper than commercial tirz and compounded Tirz.

15mg branded Mounjaro via Lilly. Started with Ozempic a few years ago, went to Wegovy (both sema, I know) all the way to the 2.4MG dose. Sema sides sucked for me. Started out good but eventually started getting horrible stomach cramps that felt like a charlie horse but in your gut. Mounjaro has been really good for me. I don't have the same appetite suppression as I did on sema, but it's a fair trade off for no sides. It keeps the appetite away enough so that my exercise can actually work. Gym 5-6 days a week for an hour a time (40 min lifting, 20 min cardio either inclide treadmill walking, elipitcal or heavy bag). Due to new employer insurance not covering I'm not going to switch to research tirz

Started compound Tirz over the summer in June then realized I could skip the middle man. Doing 5mg every 6 days. Still effective. Hitting my -2 lb goal like clock work weekly. It’s a festivus miracle now.

I'm curious to see what the most common GLP-1 is for our members.
Found this forum shortly after starting with compounded tirz which I discovered after waiting on a Zepbound rx to get filled. Despite EL’s declaration that shortage is over, I’m still waiting for that to get filled although, since learning of these alternatives, will likely never pick it up since my insurance doesn’t cover it. I did get some domestic research tirz on sale from Skye which I’ve not tried yet—thank you @dionysos for the spreadsheet. Once I’ve settled at a therapeutic dose I may venture into overseas options but I am still learning.

I know people will jump on me for being irresponsible by stacking 2 incretins, however, I am currently stacking 0.5mg sema + 5mg tirz / week.

And I will add reta or survodutide next week, at a low dose of course.
@HB_22
I suppose they will have to jump on both of us my alligator along with you, HB.
In the past I my RA stacked Tirzepatide with Retatrutide seeking reduced appetite.
Now I am he is stacking Retatrutide with Cagrilintide for the same reason.
<Cocodrie bravely awaits flying brickbats>

I started with 1 box of brand name Mounjaro 2.5mg, had to pay $550 because my insurance wouldn’t cover it. Then I found out compounding and got a pretty large vial. I still have a month’s worth left and in the meantime have been stocking up on research. I may have a problem lol, currently have about a years worth of research in my freezer and have not even started.

Just of curiosity are people losing weight with just the appetite suppression/reduced calories alone? I have significantly reduced my calories but have to work out 5-6 days a week to achieve a 1.5 lb/weekly weight loss. I haven’t felt the need to increase my dose since I am currently getting good appetite suppression.

Tirz! Tried stacking with sema....the nauseous. Then tried cagri 🤪 I think the dose chosen was too much. Bedridden for 3 days🤣

I know people will jump on my RS for being irresponsible by stacking 2 incretins, however, RS is currently stacking 0.5mg sema + 5mg tirz / week.

RS will add reta or survodutide next week, at a low dose of course.
From what I’ve observed in my short time on this forum, there is very little of people jumping on each other for their own research protocols.

I know people will jump on my RS for being irresponsible by stacking 2 incretins, however, RS is currently stacking 0.5mg sema + 5mg tirz / week.

RS will add reta or survodutide next week, at a low dose of course.
Not jumping on you! But inquiring why so many? Isn't survodutide the same mechanism of action as tirz?

Not jumping on you! But inquiring why so many? Isn't survodutide the same mechanism of action as tirz?
Nope, survodutide is mostly activating the glucagon receptor and slightly glp-1. Tirz is a lot GIP and very little Glp-1.

Currently 11-12 mg TZ, .75 RETA. I use Shotsy to keep a steady state of Tirzepitide and am slowly, slowly escalating RETA, hoping to go no higher than the Clinical Trial starting dose of 2mg. I am 74, not 44……Tirzepitide is my expensive miracle drug, my forever and ever wonder. Everything people anecdotally say about it, has been my story. However, the fatigue….hence slowly escalating RETA.

Currently 11-12 mg TZ, .75 RETA. I use Shotsy to keep a steady state of Tirzepitide and am slowly, slowly escalating RETA, hoping to go no higher than the Clinical Trial starting dose of 2mg. I am 74, not 44……Tirzepitide is my expensive miracle drug, my forever and ever wonder. Everything people anecdotally say about it, has been my story. However, the fatigue….hence slowly escalating RETA.
Any resting heart rate increase so far?

Nope, survodutide is mostly activating the glucagon receptor and slightly glp-1. Tirz is a lot GIP and very little Glp-1.
Thanks for clarifying. What's your rationale for using so many together? Not saying you shouldn't, it's all test and learn, just trying to understand better!

Back