Hospira BAC water availability

Shit. I ordered from peptide.shop and expiration is 5/25 on all of them and now I have quite a number of bottles and no way will I use them all by then, and I'll need bac water after that, so that means I just wasted $ and get to waste more $. Will you post expiration date when you receive yours?
I wrote today to ask what the expiry date is for the vials they would send me.
Noah from Peptide Shop answered that bac water vials "don't have an expiration date but it is better to get a new one after 2 month because it is not sterile anymore".
I really don't know what to think 😲

I wrote today to ask what the expiry date is for the vials they would send me.
Noah from Peptide Shop answered that bac water vials "don't have an expiration date but it is better to get a new one after 2 month because it is not sterile anymore".
I really don't know what to think 😲
You must conclude for yourself @MrsMUffin, my own observation is that Noah from Peptide Shop is mistaken on the facts, an opportunist, and likely an ---hole.

There is good reason to expect that an unopened, unfrozen vial of Bacteriostatic Water for Injection USP kept at room temperature in a dark place will last far longer than one year.
Further...
  • "While it is essential to follow proper storage guidelines and use unexpired solutions whenever possible, using bacteriostatic water past its expiration date is generally safe. The expiration date primarily indicates when the manufacturer guarantees the solution’s stability and potency, but it does not mean the solution becomes immediately harmful once it expires."
    - from Bacteriostatic Water Australia, a leading supplier of BWater.

Benzl Alcohol, the anti-microbial active ingredient in Bac Water, is a very stable molecule. As a reagent-grade lab chemical it is considered to have a shelf life of 3 (three) years unopened, room temperature, dark place etc. Numerous suppliers of lab chemicals make the 3 years unopened statement, some suggest that a re-test is warranted after two years unopened.

Also commonly stated by chemical suppliers is that "shelf life after being opened is One Year".

Much of the angst online about Bacteriostatic Water stems from the FDA labelling requirement for "multiple patient/multiple use" scenario that this product was produced for. The "28-day after first use" expiration label is intended to minimize cross-patient infection, not a concern about product age.

In our "single patient/multiple use" scenario there IS NO RISK of cross-patient infection. In fact there was no short expiry date on Hospira Bac Water vials intended for single patient use until recently. The change of labelling requirement by the FDA was made because of improper institutional use of the "single-user" product for extended periods in large patient populations; there were in fact infection outbreaks as might be expected.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical professional. This is not a medical recommendation rather it is a collection of my own observations.

Last edited:
@Tomes

@dionysos has a link in his signature for syringes, that's what I got..bd brand. They are much better/sharper than Amazon options Like $25 for 90 5/16" 31ga 1cc.

I thought I posted the link in this thread somewhere, maybe it was another thread. I get lost answering the same question 20 times. I get it, it's easier to ask than spend 3 hours reading. I'm guilty of that myself.

But it's also possible you found some on Amazon that are ok, and not the garbage that myself and others have experienced.
Thank you @Broken Chef and @Garbo

Pretty sure I'm using the shitty Amazon ones that everyone else is, they weren't a name brand... maybe I have thin skin? Heading to @dionysos profile to upgrade!

Last edited:
I have a case from AMSCO and three from Westend. The three I got from ebac-water look sketchy just as the post on Peppys shows. That would also explain the June 2026 exp which no other supplier has. I ordered from ebac before even considering that someone would fake Hospira BAC water...

Left is ebac, right is westend. Stopper is not flat, cap is not flat, there's a weird hole in the label.
As there are legit medical supply companies that will bulk sell Hospira I wouldn’t risk it after reading that thread
AMSCO will currently sell you a case for pretty cheap.
firefox_3Ceq548eT3.jpg

Who's going to stop you? But I personally don't plan on throwing mine away after that date.

I think Noah doesn't know what he's talking about!

Does anyone have Bac from Peptide Shop?? Are they using fake labels too??

They most definitely have exp dates on them!
View attachment 1328
Can I ask when did you order the bac from peptide.shop and when was it delivered?

Aren’t you doing the Lilly legal intern’s work for them by publishing this list of suppliers for them to go after? This lack of discretion is how we got into this situation to begin with.
Please note they use AI on everything. You have no privacy. Those big pharmas know everything. They know you’re on this site.

I have a case from AMSCO and three from Westend. The three I got from ebac-water look sketchy just as the post on Peppys shows. That would also explain the June 2026 exp which no other supplier has. I ordered from ebac before even considering that someone would fake Hospira BAC water...

Left is ebac, right is westend. Stopper is not flat, cap is not flat, there's a weird hole in the label.

AMSCO will currently sell you a case for pretty cheap.View attachment 1325
Now that I compare my old bac water bottle with new ones I just got from ebac, the ones from ebac definitely look sketchy..but why would someone make fake bac water when they can just make their own with different labels?? So annoying 🤔

Trending content

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back